+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Kiwisteph

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Kiwisteph said:
So our employer was asked by Service Canada if he had anyone in mind for the position and asked for a copy of the contract and hubby's name and DOB.

Is this a good sign? We don't know if they do this before they've approved it or not
So another two weeks tomorrow since the contract info provided, albeit with easter public holidays for the Friday and Monday just gone. Hope we hear an answer either way soon.

It's been soooooo long waiting it's getting tiring.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
fastfood said:
I think this is just a matter of time. We all should get it at some point of time. I believe EE LMIA which support PR application having better approval chances.
I tried to fill out EE like other people trying under FSW it's coming back ineligible. Even if I say I have got a job offer. So my only route is LMIA for TFW. As soon as I have work exp in Canada it says I can apply for EE.

Aneam

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Kiwisteph said:
So another two weeks tomorrow since the contract info provided, albeit with easter public holidays for the Friday and Monday just gone. Hope we hear an answer either way soon.

It's been soooooo long waiting it's getting tiring.
Am with you on the needing to hear either way! Good Luck. Just keep telling ourselves it's got to be soon! It's a month on Sunday since we were told it would be sooner rather than later!

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jackmanalang said:
Hi, we are also in the sane boat. I am already here in Canada, my permit expires on November. My employer just started the advertisement for the postion of Food Service Supervisor. Do you have an idea on how long it will take for LMiA to support EE?
I think LMIA for EE may be faster and approval chances are good compare to work permit LMIA. Good luck. I hope you should get it within 3 months.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunshinegirl_X said:
I tried to fill out EE like other people trying under FSW it's coming back ineligible. Even if I say I have got a job offer. So my only route is LMIA for TFW. As soon as I have work exp in Canada it says I can apply for EE.
I am just wondering if you cant apply for working holiday visa from Ireland to Canada? That may be the faster route to get there. May be working holiday has age limit..

Yes, if you go on work permit you can apply residence after getting there.

tidelander

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update in my case.

Province: BC
NOC code: 2173 'Software engineers and designers'
File number issued: November 4, 2014
February 13, 2015: asked to redo Transition Plan
April 9, 2015: interview and asked for advertisements

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Hi everyone
My employer applied lmia as a retail assistant manager for me on dec 15 and my employer got file no on dec 22 but after that we are waiting for the response. It's 17 week is going on but no response. I am getting $25 pay rate. Can anyone tell me is there chances of lmia approval

Aneam

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Maaftgbkum said:
In alberta what is the processing time for lmia ?
They are all different but I know there are several of us here for Alberta that have been waiting since September. Ours 18th September noc 7321 automotive Service Tech above median wage for position and is for a permanent position. We are now wishing we had not submitted in September and waited for EE in January. It's been a long wait! Good luck

segio

Apr 3, 2015
Aneam said:
They are all different but I know there are several of us here for Alberta that have been waiting since September. Ours 18th September noc 7321 automotive Service Tech above median wage for position and is for a permanent position. We are now wishing we had not submitted in September and waited for EE in January. It's been a long wait! Good luck
what date the file number issued ?
Mine is 3th february,same NOC 7321, Saskatchewan.
Anyone knows how long is for Saskatchewan ?

runaway982

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
fastfood said:
I think LMIA for EE may be faster and approval chances are good compare to work permit LMIA. Good luck. I hope you should get it within 3 months.
Any info for how long should be the processing time fot LMIA for EE proces only?
Does anyone optained this document?
I thin that I read that it should be 10 buisness days but any who got it for that time?

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
runaway982 said:
Any info for how long should be the processing time fot LMIA for EE proces only?
I thin that I read that it should be 10 buisness days but any who got it for that time?
No, 10 days is only for high wages NOC. Dont assume that they are going to process all cases within 10 working days. Expect at least 2-3 months wait.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
runaway982 said:
There is no difference in processing LMIAs. LMIAs are issued on the basis that an employer cannot find a Canadian or PR for the job. The process is lengthy and time consuming and a 2-3 month time frame only happens to the very fortunate. Truth is processing times vary and people have waited in excess of 4 months for results.