Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Still waiting as well

Sep 3, 2014
Hi All,

I am in Toronto, Ontario - NOC 0711 originally from England (Which you think would help considering Canada is part of the commonwealth but seemingly not!).

I had my LM(A)O application refused earlier this year because my employer had:

"...not demonstrated sufficient efforts to hire Canadians in the occupation."

To be perfectly honest that excuse was nonsense as my employer had followed the requirements to a T and even went beyond the required time limits for adverts being active - HRSDC even listed in the refusal letter what was required which is exactly what had been done with proof submitted to them!
If an employer is expected to go above and beyond what is set out, what is the point in setting out what is required at all? Also what type of system allows documents to be uploaded online for faster processing yet has to send the username and password in the MAIL?!? Anyway.. rant over.

My employer has again jumped through all the hoops required and applied under the LMIA scheme at an inflated rate (4 x the original fee for the same service?!?) on 7th August. After a phone call last week they were informed that it takes 20 business days for an application to be input into their system however as they had not heard anything it was good as it means items were not missing nor are additional items required.
They were asked to call back this week for an update on the application, I will post again once I get some more news. Hopefully they will provide some sort of possible timeline for the decision (12 weeks - 60 business days from submission?).

Good luck everyone going through the same thing!

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
At a month today since forms got sent.(already had the month of job advertised)

NOC 0631.

$24.24ph.
Province Alberta.

Not been asked for payment yet.

My question is,

Once they request payment, is it more likely to be approved? (i would assume to take the money and start the next stage would be a good thing?)

Also, no news is also kind of good news right? if you hear early on for additional documents or proof etc....im hoping the no response is meaning everything is going well....

wishful thinking :)

Sep 3, 2014
Ok, here is an update for Ontario, Toronto:

First LM(A)O submitted - April 28th 2014 - Refused June 6th 2014 = Processing time for decision 5 weeks

LM(A)O got scraped for LMIA June 2014 - Probably not a coincidence mine got refused just as the new system was being rolled out ;)

My employer called HRSDC regarding the LMIA application and was told that it takes 25 business days for them to input the application into their system and it will be in the system by 22nd September. My forms were posted 7th August (should have arrived 8th as it was sent recorded) so seemingly it takes a week for them just to open the package and begin the 25 day process (Adding 5 days to the process).

After it has been input into their system they told my employer that it is taking around 8 weeks to reach a decision presently. So I should receive a decision on or around November 17th 2014.

So this means the process takes 14-15 weeks from the date the application is posted through to HRSDC actually reaching a decision.

If anything changes I will provide an update

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Thanks for the information @ SexualCaastles . I am in Toronto, Ontario as well. My employer has also applied on August 7th , same thing. Havent heard anything so far. So i am expecting we both are on the same Boat.

My NOC is 5241 ( 3D Animator) , advertising was not required for my profession as it is exempted as per esdc in BC and ON. Reason, it being a specialized skill.

I will update as well if i have any . Good luck guys

BritEm

Jun 3, 2014
Hi,
I applied for me new LMIA around the 20th July 2014.
My employer just received a call from ESDC asking for further information on a "transition plan" from my employer. Has anyone else heard of this? I am trying to take this as positive news but I have no idea what this really means.
The information they asked for has been provided and sent by courier yesterday, so I am hoping for an answer soon.
If anyone has had a similar experience I would really appreciate hearing from you.
Thanks

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
BritEm : Share your details please. Your NOC, wage and province and stuff. One of my friends also had the same request from esdc for a Transition Plan info.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
The transition plan is for positions with a wage higher than the median of the province. The employer needs to fill it out (it's Schedule C) and send it with the LMIA application, showing what his plans are to transition to a Canadian workforce. They need to choose a specific number of activities shown in the form OR just support the foreign worker in his PR application later

BritEm

Jun 3, 2014
Ok that makes sense. The TFW officer spent almost 2 hours on the phone to my employer talking them through everything they wanted to see in the transition place.
I don't have all the info in front of me right now but I will update asap with NOC code etc. Short story I work in HR Oil and Gas in AB and earn above the median. I have been waiting for my 2nd LMO for around 9 weeks now.
Employer is working hard on the transition plan and has also supported me through a provincial nominee PR application, so hopefully that will all go in my favour. My company is constantly hiring trainee Canadians but we really struggle to find the qualified people. We have had 3 open roles for months now, hundreds of applicants but none with the correct level. I am hoping that we have a strong case, mainly because I am currently on implied status and would really like to go on vacation...

Thanks for your help!

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
beholder69 said:
The transition plan is for positions with a wage higher than the median of the province. The employer needs to fill it out (it's Schedule C) and send it with the LMIA application, showing what his plans are to transition to a Canadian workforce. They need to choose a specific number of activities shown in the form OR just support the foreign worker in his PR application later
Does it mean that if wage is higher than median, employer has to sponsor PR application or find a canadian with appropriate skill to replace temporary worker?
Btw, I'm on my 12th week waiting for LMO/LMIA. Province: BC, NOC: 2173

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
anarsoul said:
Does it mean that if wage is higher than median, employer has to sponsor PR application or find a canadian with appropriate skill to replace temporary worker?
Btw, I'm on my 12th week waiting for LMO/LMIA. Province: BC, NOC: 2173
If they do not want to support your PR application, then they'll have to perform a number of activities to show they plan to transition to a Canadian workforce. This happens after the LMIA is processed, so it's basically like a promise by the employer that they'll do those activities (training Canadians etc). If they don't do what's in the plan and they get an audit, they're in for trouble.

However, it's necessary to have that transition plan filled out for any job with a wage above the median, so I hope your employer did so if the application was sent *after* the changes. If it was sent before, then there was no transition plan to fill out

BritEm

Jun 3, 2014
beholder69 said:
If they do not want to support your PR application, then they'll have to perform a number of activities to show they plan to transition to a Canadian workforce. This happens after the LMIA is processed, so it's basically like a promise by the employer that they'll do those activities (training Canadians etc). If they don't do what's in the plan and they get an audit, they're in for trouble.

However, it's necessary to have that transition plan filled out for any job with a wage above the median, so I hope your employer did so if the application was sent *after* the changes. If it was sent before, then there was no transition plan to fill out
My application was sent just before the changes came in, but they still came and asked for us to ADD a transition plan now. They seemed really helpful and like they want to approve the new LMIA but it feels like a never ending battle!

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
BritEm said:
My application was sent just before the changes came in, but they still came and asked for us to ADD a transition plan now. They seemed really helpful and like they want to approve the new LMIA but it feels like a never ending battle!
Good to know that they're doing that! In that case, you should be close to the end.