+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

jaybakerca

Hero Member
Jul 30, 2014
333
9
So my employer heard from the government today. Apparently they never received my application!!! Awesome, it's been faxed directly to my employers contact who has assured it'll go to the top of the pile (if they even put the in piles, more like a heap on the floor. Anyways, yeah that sucks. Good job I got them to check on it as we could have waited a whole other month and still nothing to then find out they didn't have it
 

prashanthbv

Hero Member
Jun 23, 2014
356
3
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
5241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Sorry to hear that @ Jaybakerca. Now i would ask me employer to contact service canada and ask about the status
 

jaybakerca

Hero Member
Jul 30, 2014
333
9
How would that help if you dont mind me asking?

I've already changed my status to visitor would was approved.

my visa was an IEC holiday visa so no implied status for me.

Oh! i have a question, if my employer paid me vacation pay, could that affect it? because in theory i am not working but i am still technically employed while going through this application?
 

lovykaler

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
170
0
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
6311
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015 pass
Passport Req..
09-07-2015
Hey guys......

Thankyou sooooo much God g......

I got my LMIA approved.....yahooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Its big day for me.........

Hip hip hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
 

lovykaler

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
170
0
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
6311
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015 pass
Passport Req..
09-07-2015
I applied on 5 Aug. 2014 by Fax....
I got file no. On 3 sep. ......
Today 12 sep. Got Approved......

My job is Food service supervisor...its below median wages....

There is no end of my happiness.

God will help us for sure. Plz keep ur faith on him.
 

jaybakerca

Hero Member
Jul 30, 2014
333
9
lovykaler said:
I applied on 5 Aug. 2014 by Fax....
I got file no. On 3 sep. ......
Today 12 sep. Got Approved......

My job is Food service supervisor...its below median wages....

There is no end of my happiness.

God will help us for sure. Plz keep ur faith on him.
Its great to hear that LMIA's are getting approved for the food service sector still despite the clamping down.

Very happy for you! hopefully some more of us will get similar news!
 

jaybakerca

Hero Member
Jul 30, 2014
333
9
I'm also thinking that because my application was not recieved, it kind of makes more sense in relation to the guy that got an lmia approved in 13 days here in alberta, im hoping i get a quick turnaround like that also, havent seen any other cases in alberta, perhaps its a good sign!

Will keep everyone informed!
 

beholder69

Hero Member
Oct 9, 2011
487
20
jaybakerca said:
I'm also thinking that because my application was not recieved, it kind of makes more sense in relation to the guy that got an lmia approved in 13 days here in alberta, im hoping i get a quick turnaround like that also, havent seen any other cases in alberta, perhaps its a good sign!

Will keep everyone informed!
Hopefully, but the weird thing in that case was that the lawyer had supposedly told them beforehand that it would take 15 days, which could not be justified by anything on the Service Canada page.
 

Vincy123

Member
Jul 13, 2014
18
0
Hi Everyone plz help I need to hire immigration lawyer to assist with work permit application. I don't want to get rejection with my application. Plz through some light....
 

jaybakerca

Hero Member
Jul 30, 2014
333
9
Thats the funny thing with these applications.

No ever 1 is the same, in terms of time.

Vince you are best off starting your own topic, it will get noticed as apose to being halfway down a 5 page thread.
 

prashanthbv

Hero Member
Jun 23, 2014
356
3
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
5241
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Thats a great news. Must be such a big relief. Congrats Lovy
 

britinvancouver

Hero Member
Sep 13, 2014
217
6
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
1242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
jaybakerca said:
How would that help if you dont mind me asking?

I've already changed my status to visitor would was approved.

my visa was an IEC holiday visa so no implied status for me.

Oh! i have a question, if my employer paid me vacation pay, could that affect it? because in theory i am not working but i am still technically employed while going through this application?
I came to Vancouver on IEC and I'm on implied status. Currently have a concurrent application for LMIA/WP... I have it in writing from the lawyer that I'm allowed to be on implied status, as I questioned immigration lawyer about it.
 

beholder69

Hero Member
Oct 9, 2011
487
20
britinvancouver said:
I came to Vancouver on IEC and I'm on implied status. Currently have a concurrent application for LMIA/WP... I have it in writing from the lawyer that I'm allowed to be on implied status, as I questioned immigration lawyer about it.
It doesn't matter if you have it written by any lawyer, there is no implied status on IEC