+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Kb1990

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
It’s a really slow process currently. My employer was contacted last week to see if they still wanted to continue with LMIA because of covid. Still waiting currently
My employer applied in March and fee was taken after one month. We got the file number but nothing else after that.
My work permit expiring soon.
It quite stressful situation.
Any suggestions

Mara71

Sep 6, 2018
Did your employer got the mail Whether they wanted to continue the file or wanted to take back? Most of employers got this email from Service Canada ?

Mara71

Sep 6, 2018
It’s a really slow process currently. My employer was contacted last week to see if they still wanted to continue with LMIA because of covid. Still waiting currently
You can apply to get the extention with LMIA file number and documents informing IRCC then you will be under implied status so you can work until you get a decision ?

Naveen02

Aug 22, 2019
Did your employer got the mail Whether they wanted to continue the file or wanted to take back? Most of employers got this email from Service Canada ?
No.
We just got email inquiring about number of employees, pay rate, duration of employment etc 2 months after applying.

I think they question about continuing file before deducting fee only.

Kb1990

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
No.
We just got email inquiring about number of employees, pay rate, duration of employment etc 2 months after applying.

We submitted back in February. Fee was taken in March and file number given. Then they asked last week about wanting to continue. This has been our situation. Hopefully we hear something soon

Mara71

Sep 6, 2018
No.

Some thing different questions asked from you basically in the documentation which you have given they can find the above information

Reactions: Kb1990

Naveen02

Aug 22, 2019
Some thing different questions asked from you basically in the documentation which you have given they can find the above information
Yeah, I know.
Anyways they asked it and we didn't take long to revert. However, after that we haven't heard anything.

Mara71

Sep 6, 2018
What ever is doing have to do soon you can't take a chance
Think what will happens in case if second wave comes in September????

meliksah

Jul 22, 2020
I wrote my tlmeline below. Noc 2173 and I am in Turkey who want to know processing times.

Submission to Authorities
17/03/2020
done

Issue to Applicant
26/06/2020

Reactions: Kb1990