+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Kb1990

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
Haven't you continue the advertisement?
They have maintained the job bank ad throughout the process but Esdc is requiring all employers to repost for 2 additional weeks on the 3 required sites since so many Canadians are unemployed currently

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
My employer applied for LMIA back at the end of February. Payment was taken at the end of March and file number was given. Last week, ESDC contacted employer to make sure they still wanted to proceed and then they asked them to advertise again for 2 weeks. I’m hoping it won’t take too much longer to get an interview. Anyone else in the same position?
I'm in same situation we applied lmia on feb last 3 weeks ago we got mail from service Canada to weather we wanna continue or not application process ,since then nothing heard from them, my consultant says they are not responding any lmia unless its essential services,
Its very strange people need extension don't know wts gonna happen, why don't ircc give six months extension without lmia

Kb1990

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
I'm in same situation we applied lmia on feb last 3 weeks ago we got mail from service Canada to weather we wanna continue or not application process ,since then nothing heard from them, my consultant says they are not responding any lmia unless its essential services,
Its very strange people need extension don't know wts gonna happen, why don't ircc give six months extension without lmia
Oh really? My attorney said they are still processing LMIAs but are prioritizing essential services. It seems like there are so many different answers. It’s frustrating. Very difficult to make any plans when you have no idea when you’ll be able to move

Reactions: maisaye

Mara71

Sep 6, 2018
When is your work permit expire hope you are currently working in open work permit and I heard there is a chance to get the extention 2 weeks before the expiry need to inform CIC
Did you hear this ?

Kb1990

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
When is your work permit expire hope you are currently working in open work permit and I heard there is a chance to get the extention 2 weeks before the expiry need to inform CIC
Did you hear this ?
I don’t have a work permit currently. I am outside of Canada.

Naveen02

Aug 22, 2019
My employer applied in March and fee was taken after one month. We got the file number but nothing else after that.
My work permit expiring soon.
It quite stressful situation.
Any suggestions

jerry3547

Oct 15, 2019
My employer applied in March and fee was taken after one month. We got the file number but nothing else after that.
My work permit expiring soon.
It quite stressful situation.
Any suggestions
My case also is applied in end of Apr and got the number at around at Jun, but also is waiting now...