+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Theo2018

Jan 14, 2019
Dear All, would anyone know if there is any problem to create a Express Entry profile while my employer is applying for the LMIA? In this case, I would not mention the LMIA yet. Tks

churchman

Dec 29, 2018
My name is Churchill Josiah,I am an industrial spray painter and hydro blaster,I need an offer in Canada.although I am currently working with a German company called Flexicam as a blaster and spray painter.please,can anyone be of help to me?to get an employer in Canada.thanks

inder.online

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Dear All, would anyone know if there is any problem to create a Express Entry profile while my employer is applying for the LMIA? In this case, I would not mention the LMIA yet. Tks
I don't think there will be any problem. You will answer no to Job Offer and LMIA Question though

Reactions: Theo2018

Theo2018

Jan 14, 2019
My name is Churchill Josiah,I am an industrial spray painter and hydro blaster,I need an offer in Canada.although I am currently working with a German company called Flexicam as a blaster and spray painter.please,can anyone be of help to me?to get an employer in Canada.thanks
just a suggestion, start your search here: https://www.jobbank.gc.ca

Last edited:

Theo2018

Jan 14, 2019

devikaroland

Aug 21, 2018
Edmonton, AB, CA
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-02-2019
Nomination.....
12-04-2019
AOR Received.
10-05-2019
Hey (when?) did you get your lmia file number? How do we know if the file # has been issued yet or not?
Hi , i didn't received the file # yet. However i check the email address on the application and it was wrong. So my company set of a new email today. My consultant said they will email him also but he didn't get a file number.
Anyone know if you will get a copy of file number in the mail. Thanks

Ghazalllll

Jul 19, 2012
Tehran
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2010
Doc's Request.
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
20-12-2011
LANDED..........
will be Toronto
Hi all
I have a question please regarding my brothers case, weirdly got approval finally today!

Job: shop supervisor
Submition: mid April 2018
Interview: 17 July 2018
Approval: 28 July 2018 (we inforned about it today)
Reciving in mail: never
(Eventhough during the interview the officer said he will makes the decision by mid Aug; we haven't heard back till last Friday after several phone and email follow ups. They finally replied the last email and found out it has been sent to a wrong address!!! Then the LMIA is already expired, so they accepted to extend it just for 3 months)
Extend by: 25 April 2019

Now my questions:
1- Does LMIA expiry date means the date we have to apply in express entry systetm by April 25 or it means he should be selected in express entry by 25 April and if not the LMIA will be useless after that?
2- The type of LMIA is support for permenant residency, is it posdible to change it for work permit?

Thanks & good luck in your files.

Last edited:

inder.online

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi all
I have a question please regarding my brothers case, weirdly got approval finally today!

Job: shop supervisor
Submition: mid April 2018
Interview: 17 July 2018
Approval: 28 July 2018 (we inforned about it today)
Reciving in mail: never
(Eventhough during the interview the officer said he will makes the decision by mid Aug; we haven't heard back till last Friday after several phone and email follow ups. They finally replied the last email and found out it has been sent to a wrong address!!! Then the LMIA is already expired, so they accepted to extend it just for 3 months)
Extend by: 25 April 2019

Now my questions:
1- Does LMIA expiry date means the date we have to apply in express entry systetm by April 25 or it means he should be selected in express entry by 25 April and if not the LMIA will be useless after that?
2- The type of LMIA is support for permenant residency, is it posdible to change it for work permit?

Thanks & good luck in your files.

As much as I know, any points that are claimed in Express Entry must be valid until your PR Application is submitted/approved.
As I think, LMIA should not expire until PR application is submitted and approved.
If you brother qualifies for CRS Score as per latest Draw cutoff score, you should be good.