+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Mak_cwb

Jun 9, 2014
Hi guys, just want to share my time line with all.

November 27, sent lmia application

December 12, my employer got interview

December 22, positive LMIA decision

January 23, applied for a work permit with dual intent LMIA and upfront medicals for me as a principal applicant, my wife's open work permit and for my two kids students permit

And...

TODAY MARCH, 23

THANKS TO GOD I GOT ALL OUR 4 PASSPORTS REQUESTED FROM THE VISA OFFICE .

So happy about that, now, waiting from VAC stamped passports to travel to Canada. Thanks to all and good luck

Ikramsw

Oct 9, 2017

January 23, applied for a work permit with dual intent LMIA and upfront medicals for me as a principal applicant, my wife's open work permit and for my two kids students permit

And...

TODAY MARCH, 23

So happy about that, now, waiting from VAC stamped passports to travel to Canada. Thanks to all and good luck
What’s your NOC?

Mak_cwb

Jun 9, 2014
Hi, you must do your way, send emails to companies in your trade, try jobbank an indeed and cross your fingers, I'm trying for 6 years and now I got an employer who support me, have faith and you will be there

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017

And...

TODAY MARCH, 23

Congratulation,in just short time you got LMIA and Work Permit as well. Best of luck for your new life.

dhineshnkl

Feb 12, 2018
Alberta Lima processing time?
For cooks
My employer applied March 10.
How long it will take to get result?
Thanks
I am from India
Any idea cooks can get PR
WHAT IS THE PROCESS.
Thanks

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Alberta Lima processing time?
For cooks
My employer applied March 10.
How long it will take to get result?
Thanks
I am from India
Any idea cooks can get PR
WHAT IS THE PROCESS.
Thanks
LMIA processing time varies from weeks to months.If employers are hiring through Global Talent Stream then it will take 2 week or more in High wage. Yours cook so,it will be standard LMIA time and can take min,couple weeks and max 6 Months. It's unpredictable time frame for LMIA. Some get faster some late and it's very hard to obtain Positive LMIA.
Yes,Cooks are eligible for Permanent Residency while in Canada through PNP and it's different in every provinces.
1st Registration on PnP website online.
2nd if you are eligible get Invitation to Apply.
3rd Submit an application after getting Invitation with Processing Fees of the provinces.
4th Receive Nomination and apply for Permanent Residency as they guide.

It's easy and hard process depending upon the province you are applying from. Some charge High Fees some low,Long procedure etc.

Ash1906

Mar 14, 2018
Hi my employer applied for LMIA on march 10 how long it takes to get LMIA in Ontario my consultant tell me the file number is not been generated yet after 15 days so how many more days they take .

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Hi my employer applied for LMIA on march 10 how long it takes to get LMIA in Ontario my consultant tell me the file number is not been generated yet after 15 days so how many more days they take .
Please see my answer above,LMIA processing times varies and has not a guaranteed time frame. it can take few weeks to months.
If person A has applied for LMIA 15 days to 1 months before from person B,then person B might get LMIA sooner then person A,and A can stuck for months with LMIA process. It's very unpredictable. My own LMIA was result came out in 3 months,2 months & last more than 5 months.

Nayna

Feb 3, 2018
Hello,

Can you help me understand if my profile below is LMIA Approved or not?
Does Employer need to get positive LMIA on every release of offer letter to foreign candidate on same Designation or role or technology?

Designation : Application Development Senior Analyst
Technology: Microsoft Database Development, Data Analytics

NOC : 2172, 2173

If my profile is LMIA approved then can any IT company with this open position offer me the JOB?

Regards,

Rps