+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Mythripotturu

Feb 20, 2018
I received reply from employer saying got verbal approval for LMIA on Feb 27 but still no update employee also said they are waiting for hard copy. So can anyone share ur timeline like when the physical letter is received

bishan94

Mar 21, 2018
Hello everyone, my employer received an email past friday that your LMIA application has been rejected due to following reasons:

1. Please provide adequate proof of job posting and how long the job was posted for.
My employer had attached the proof of job posting which was made on Jobillico, Job Bank, Internal Company Website and at Job Fair for more than 4 weeks. The posting on Jobillico and Job Bank had the Date Posted and Expiry Date. Whereas the Internal post didn't had the expiry date. The receipt of job fair was attached.

2. We haven't received the payment.
My employer had filled the out the last page of EMP5593 form and had sent separately before the submission of the application. Later while submitting actual application, we hadn't included the last payment form.

Although my work location is Ontario, they have asked my employer to re-submit the application by mailing to Saint John, NB processing center. - Have no idea why?

Can someone please provide guidance on what should be done next?

Much appreciated!

Alya1234

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Hello everyone, my employer received an email past friday that your LMIA application has been rejected due to following reasons:

1. Please provide adequate proof of job posting and how long the job was posted for.
My employer had attached the proof of job posting which was made on Jobillico, Job Bank, Internal Company Website and at Job Fair for more than 4 weeks. The posting on Jobillico and Job Bank had the Date Posted and Expiry Date. Whereas the Internal post didn't had the expiry date. The receipt of job fair was attached.

2. We haven't received the payment.
My employer had filled the out the last page of EMP5593 form and had sent separately before the submission of the application. Later while submitting actual application, we hadn't included the last payment form.

Although my work location is Ontario, they have asked my employer to re-submit the application by mailing to Saint John, NB processing center. - Have no idea why?

Can someone please provide guidance on what should be done next?

Much appreciated!
If you doing lmia to support the PR so u need to send it to new NB processing centre

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Hi all. My agent started process for LMIA in September 2017, but hasn’t received LMIA yet. Does it take this much long or my agent fooling me? TIA
Average processing time for LMIA is 10 weeks but it can take months Max. 6 months after 6 months you must have got LMIA positive or Negative.If goes beyond that time then,call ESDC/Service Canada or your agent might be trying to Scam you seen that too. Agents are not the one who applies for LMIA it's your employer who can sponsor LMIA with help of Immigration Lawyers. My employer also applied for LMIA in September 10 and this time was a named LMIA in my name and it just got rejected like 15-20 days ago. LMIA is long process it gives headaches to everyone.
I know agents asked fees upfront same with me,but mine is trusted ones but can't say about all. some will scam you or try to trick you in a job offer with bigger promises etc. Perhaps you should ask your agent company name which hired you and talk to them directly and ask. Good Luck!!

Alya1234

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Average processing time for LMIA is 10 weeks but it can take months Max. 6 months after 6 months you must have got LMIA positive or Negative.If goes beyond that time then,call ESDC/Service Canada or your agent might be trying to Scam you seen that too. Agents are not the one who applies for LMIA it's your employer who can sponsor LMIA with help of Immigration Lawyers. My employer also applied for LMIA in September 10 and this time was a named LMIA in my name and it just got rejected like 15-20 days ago. LMIA is long process it gives headaches to everyone.
I know agents asked fees upfront same with me,but mine is trusted ones but can't say about all. some will scam you or try to trick you in a job offer with bigger promises etc. Perhaps you should ask your agent company name which hired you and talk to them directly and ask. Good Luck!!
Can you tell us where did u sent the application and which position you applied

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Can you tell us where did u sent the application and which position you applied
I didn't send the application my employer and his lawyer did,employee are not the ones who are authorized to send LMIA application,ESDC will review case for employers.we are only eligible to apply for work permit after LMIA is issued. I had 2 LMIA rejected one unnamed and one named present LMIA was in Departmental Store /Supermarket in Retail as Shelf Stocker/Clerk. It is very hard in such occupation sectors only some people are issued,i didn't have found other job offer so,i thought i should give that a try but no luck...now waiting for next LMIA.

Srijan Roy

Jul 14, 2017
Hi

Did ESDC emailed you when your LMIA got rejected ?

Last edited: