+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

char1es

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Hey Guys

My employer just received the call from EDSC officer who said that our job posting on Job Bank has expired and let my employer renew the job posting and send the copy to them.

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
char1es said:
My lawyer sent my file on July 6
Hi Charles, I saw your previous post, you said your lawyer had to resend the contact info to ESDC by fax, did you guys fax all the documents at first place? Thanks.

char1es

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
immshunli said:
Hi Charles, I saw your previous post, you said your lawyer had to resend the contact info to ESDC by fax, did you guys fax all the documents at first place? Thanks.
The original document was sent by mail, I think. When they go back check the document, they found that the primary contact info was lost.

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
char1es said:
The original document was sent by mail, I think. When they go back check the document, they found that the primary contact info was lost.
Ok, I think you will get a final result within a week or so. My consultant has two other applications, one submitted July 10th, positive result August 26th, the other one submitted July 22nd, negative result August 24th.
Mine submitted August 22nd.
I think yours delayed a little bit because of your lawyer's mistake.

Pleasehelp1

Sep 6, 2016
char1es said:
Hey Guys

My employer just received the call from EDSC officer who said that our job posting on Job Bank has expired and let my employer renew the job posting and send the copy to them.
So when will you hear the outcome of your lmia, hopefully mine will be soon as was sent same time as yours and same office

char1es

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Pleasehelp1 said:
So when will you hear the outcome of your lmia, hopefully mine will be soon as was sent same time as yours and same office
Frankly Speaking, I don't know. Once I got any result, I will share it.

char1es

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
immshunli said:
Ok, I think you will get a final result within a week or so. My consultant has two other applications, one submitted July 10th, positive result August 26th, the other one submitted July 22nd, negative result August 24th.
Mine submitted August 22nd.
I think yours delayed a little bit because of your lawyer's mistake.
Do you know why that person got the negative result?

harry gambhir

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Hi Guys

My work permit expired august 9th and i was given 90 days to leave the country or apply for restoration

Employer started the LMIA process on 22nd August and we will file for it by 23rd September

I have a few questions:

1. My NOC code is 2175 (web developer) the median wage in ontario is $27/hr and my employer is getting an LMIA for $30/hr so it is higher than the median. Any idea how long is it taking these days to get it in Ontario.

2. I am told by the lawyer that the employer does not need to conduct interview with people who are not Canadian resident. She said that if someone responding to the advertisement is not a resident then we dont need to conduct the interview and same goes for people with only work permits. Is it true?

3. My employer has conducted 30 interviews and couldn't find the right fit and in the explanation of rejection for candidates he has mentioned that some of the candidates have less than 6 months left on their work permit so he cant hire them. Will this stand as an argument?

4. Since I am not on a work permit. Do i need to give IELTS or anything ? or an i good ?

char1es

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
harry gambhir said:
Hi Guys

My work permit expired august 9th and i was given 90 days to leave the country or apply for restoration

Employer started the LMIA process on 22nd August and we will file for it by 23rd September

I have a few questions:

1. My NOC code is 2175 (web developer) the median wage in ontario is $27/hr and my employer is getting an LMIA for $30/hr so it is higher than the median. Any idea how long is it taking these days to get it in Ontario.

2. I am told by the lawyer that the employer does not need to conduct interview with people who are not Canadian resident. She said that if someone responding to the advertisement is not a resident then we dont need to conduct the interview and same goes for people with only work permits. Is it true?

3. My employer has conducted 30 interviews and couldn't find the right fit and in the explanation of rejection for candidates he has mentioned that some of the candidates have less than 6 months left on their work permit so he cant hire them. Will this stand as an argument?

4. Since I am not on a work permit. Do i need to give IELTS or anything ? or an i good ?
EDSC only require the interview for PR or Citizen
For the interview, why you don't let your lawyer do this job for you?