LMIA application processing time?

OnOn

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rimplegill29 said:
My lmia timeline
Advertisement starting in March 3 week and till may 2 week.
My employer filed lmia application in June first week.
Got file number after 2 week
After that no activity yet.
Anyone can guess how much time they took for the decision.
Thank you for your sharing.

OzTraveller

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-16
Doc's Request.
21-09-16
AOR Received.
16-06-16
Med's Done....
18-06-16
Email received by my employer after 1 month from submitting the application:

In response to your escalation to the Employer Contact Center submitted, please be advised that your application for [...] is in queue for processing by the next available officer. Please note that our program is experiencing higher-than-usual volume of applications which is resulting in a higher-than-usual processing time. We thank you for your understanding and continued patience.

Pretty standard reply I guess. Just to keep the thread posted.

DS123

Aug 31, 2016
Hi, i have a unique situation. Currently i am on closed WP under LMIA exempt category. Is there any way to move from LMIA-exempt category to LMO. The reason of asking this is as once you have a LMO then one gets additional 600 points for filing PR under express entry.

stagmore

May 21, 2016
Hello Guys

Just a quick question - my employer has given their landline number which usually receptionist picks up, and she doesn't know anything about how to deal with Canada Services queries. My question is, would they speak to whoever picks up the phone or do they ask for owner or the concerned person?

faith99

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
stagmore said:
Hello Guys

Just a quick question - my employer has given their landline number which usually receptionist picks up, and she doesn't know anything about how to deal with Canada Services queries. My question is, would they speak to whoever picks up the phone or do they ask for owner or the concerned person?
they will talk with ur owner...they will call by saying can i talk to mr.... Regarding lmia application.

Kashyap272

Nov 3, 2014
Hello all,

I have unique situation. My employer has advertised for LMIA with wage less than my occupation median wage. Now we are at the stage of submitting application and he has agreed to pay my occupation median wage.

Is that all right, If we submit LMIA application with proper median wage now and meanwhile, repost advertisements with proper median wage? Although, our prior advertisement had little less than median?

What are your suggestion?

Thanks for help.

Naveed28

Sep 1, 2015
OnOn said:
SK

ad started on 21st of October 2015.

applied around the end of January 2016.

file number on 27th of February 2016.

Interview on 19th of August 2016.

Reject on the 25th of August 2016.

Reason : Unemployment rate & the officer thought there were a a lot of people who could do the retail supervisor jobs.

Very sad.

My employer submit my application. LMIA office received 23rd August/16.credit card processed 24th same day mailed file number, it is in Ontario. Noc 5241 graphic designer. I am worried too if they think that there is no labour shortage. Can we re apply? My employer said he need employee like me badly.

Thanks

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Kashyap272 said:
Hello all,

I have unique situation. My employer has advertised for LMIA with wage less than my occupation median wage. Now we are at the stage of submitting application and he has agreed to pay my occupation median wage.

Is that all right, If we submit LMIA application with proper median wage now and meanwhile, repost advertisements with proper median wage? Although, our prior advertisement had little less than median?

What are your suggestion?

Thanks for help.
You need to repost the advertisement with the proper median wage and wait for at least a month. After that you can resubmit your application.
If you submit right now, they might refuse it because the advertisement didn't have the correct wage prior to the application date.

It's better to wait one more month than waste your time and money getting a negative result.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
stagmore said:
Hello Guys

They will ask to speak to the contact that was informed in the LMIA application. They will not speak to anyone else other than this contact.
If the person in question cannot pick up the line, they will schedule a time for this call (usually by email).

Naveed28

Sep 1, 2015
I have a question.

My noc 5241 graphic designer. We submitted the application 19th August. Received file number with in couple of days. Wondering If there is a nagative LMIA issued, reason of they think that there is no labour shortage or lots of Canadian can perform the job. CAN WE RE APPLY? My employer said he need employee like me badly. Place is Hamilton, Ontario.
Thanks

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Naveed28 said:
I have a question.

My noc 5241 graphic designer. We submitted the application 19th August. Received file number with in couple of days. Wondering If there is a nagative LMIA issued, reason of they think that there is no labour shortage or lots of Canadian can perform the job. CAN WE RE APPLY? My employer said he need employee like me badly. Place is Hamilton, Ontario.
Thanks
The file number is just a number linked to your application. If you got a file number only, it means that your application is being processed.
In case of negative LMIA, you will get a formal letter saying that your application was refused. Sometimes it comes by email.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rimplegill29 said:
I have same NOC gill sahab but yet to file LMIA. Is yours is DUAL lmia n if yes, which province?

It's a daul lmia for British Columbia
Okey. Mine is going to be dual LMIA for Manitoba. Going to file next week.

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am currently waiting for the result of my Dual intent LMIA,
Timeline to date,
File application on August 22nd.
Courier website indicated that ESDC St John received the app on August 24th.
Noc :6321(Sushi Chef), salary above median wage for this particular Noc at local area.
Location is North York, Ontario.
My employer hired an immigration consultant to file the application.
Now I am desperately waiting for outcomes.
Hopefully I could get a positive result before October, I heard that right now St John ESDC's average speed is 20 to 60 days, finger crossed!

Naveed28

Sep 1, 2015
Funbox said:
The file number is just a number linked to your application. If you got a file number only, it means that your application is being processed.
In case of negative LMIA, you will get a formal letter saying that your application was refused. Sometimes it comes by email.
Can we re apply if get negative LMIA. if SC gives the cause of negative LMIA that there is no labour shortage?

amritd

Aug 26, 2016
Hey guys
any one can share the timeline for lmia noc-6312 in british columbia?
my file submit first week of july. after that i got file no. .after that no activity yet. anyone can guess how much time they took for the decision?