DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
saracunity said:
My LMIA processing center is Toronto. I applied my LMIA last year sept. Waiting for a long time, heard from my consultant it takes long time nowadays.
@saracunity
until now you have not received positive LMIA? we applied too last september 2014 and we got approved by october of same year

achi10

Aug 20, 2015
Does anyone know what's the processing time for LMIA Manitoba?

NOC 1431 Accounting and related clerk

What are the chances to get LMIA in 3 months (Master's degree, 5yr work xp)

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
achi10 said:
Does anyone know what's the processing time for LMIA Manitoba?

NOC 1431 Accounting and related clerk

What are the chances to get LMIA in 3 months (Master's degree, 5yr work xp)
Degree and work experience won't help you. A strong case and a good consultant/lawyer can also help.

achi10

Aug 20, 2015
I'm not sure I get you and thank you for reply.

What does it mean ''strong case''? Why do I need lawyer/consultant in the process? (What good does it bring me). Shouldn't I only find employer who is willing to hire me and after that they need to file LMIA?

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
achi10 said:

What does it mean ''strong case''? Why do I need lawyer/consultant in the process? (What good does it bring me). Shouldn't I only find employer who is willing to hire me and after that they need to file LMIA?
What i mean by strong case is ensuring that service canada can not turn around and give you reasons for refusal, they will scrutinize your application so make sure that its iron clad and no room for error, that way you are giving yourself a better chance of approval.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaybakerca said:
What i mean by strong case is ensuring that service canada can not turn around and give you reasons for refusal, they will scrutinize your application so make sure that its iron clad and no room for error, that way you are giving yourself a better chance of approval.
The employer needs an ironclad case for LMIA, not the (putative) employee.

(Putative) employee could have the best cv/resume in the world, but if Canadian/PR applicants apply for the job & meet the advertised requirements, EDSC will not approve an LMIA.

An LMIA is not about the best candidate for the job. It's about whether or not the employer can find a Canadian, or a PR to do the job. If not, then s/he can choose the best overseas candidate.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Lammawitch said:
The employer needs an ironclad case for LMIA, not the (putative) employee.

(Putative) employee could have the best cv/resume in the world, but if Canadian/PR applicants apply for the job & meet the advertised requirements, EDSC will not approve an LMIA.

An LMIA is not about the best candidate for the job. It's about whether or not the employer can find a Canadian, or a PR to do the job. If not, then s/he can choose the best overseas candidate.
The employer, obviously, I didnt say that because that much is obvious.

gbu

Jul 17, 2013
achi10 said:

I do 100% agree with you. You only need a good employer who pay taxes and meet the LMIA requirements.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
gbu said:
I do 100% agree with you. You only need a good employer who pay taxes and meet the LMIA requirements.
Yes that's true, but the new LMIA application forms are quite complicated so if the emoyer dosent know what they are doing or fills out the form wrong this could result in a negative answer or delays in the application. By them using an immigration consultant they know what they are doing and have a better chance of getting a positive answer in a reasonable time frame.

vivek4u4me

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY NOVE SCOTIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 09
Nomination.....
AINP....NOV 27 2015
AOR Received.
March/08/2016
Med's Request
NOV 07 2016
Med's Done....
NOV 08 2016
Interview........
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
applied may 2015
file number received June 04, 2015
noc: 1311 book keeper
interview call: Aug 28 2015
applied in Edmonton alberta.

officer said he gonna let us know by afternoon.

if they refuse they send by mail or they just call us back.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
vivek4u4me said:
applied may 2015
file number received June 04, 2015
noc: 1311 book keeper
interview call: Aug 28 2015
applied in Edmonton alberta.

officer said he gonna let us know by afternoon.

if they refuse they send by mail or they just call us back.

Fingers crossed,

Edmonton,Alberta seems to be the fastest office when it comes to applications.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Hi guys,

Wanted to ask about requirement no3 for low-wage stream: Targeting underrepresented groups.

Has anyone had any experience with it? What would a good option be and how would the employer prove their efforts?

royb

Jul 14, 2015
Y16v said:
My lawyer told me that it is only 15 days approval in Alberta noc 0631 restaurant manager
Hello
PLEASE ADVISED HOW MANY ADVERTISEMNT YOU GAVE FOR APPLYING THE LMIA
THANKS

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
beholder69 said:
Hi guys,

Wanted to ask about requirement no3 for low-wage stream: Targeting underrepresented groups.

Has anyone had any experience with it? What would a good option be and how would the employer prove their efforts?
You can ask centre for newcomers, first nations reservations etc. to post a job ad on their bulletin board or smthn. But check this with some consultant