+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Prashanth85

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
Applied: July 1st, 2015
Noc: 2174

Got a call to my employer on 10th September,2015 and requested Schedule 100 & 125 for the 2014 tax year and proof of on going advertisement.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Dual intent LMIA and high demand occupation (skilled trade) are both eligible for 10 days process. Hopefully next week...we are worried about the election.probably new goverment, new rules...

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Hi Prashanth85

may I have some questions? Is your LMIA a dual intent or not? low wage or high? When did you get file number?
2 months is not too bad.hopefully you will get it soon.

Prashanth85

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
sandra02 said:
Hi Prashanth85

may I have some questions? Is your LMIA a dual intent or not? low wage or high? When did you get file number?
2 months is not too bad.hopefully you will get it soon.
Its not dual intent and i got file number with in a week and mine is high wage

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
sandra02 said:
Dual intent LMIA and high demand occupation (skilled trade) are both eligible for 10 days process. Hopefully next week...we are worried about the election.probably new goverment, new rules...
Hopefully you will hear soon then fingers crossed. I wouldn't worry too much about the election from reading all the policies from the front runners it seems not too much will change you will probably have your lmia answer by then.
Mine is dual intent low wage hairstylist skilled workers not skilled trade applied on 10th July been 9 weeks now only have file number so far. Contacting my future employer for update next week.
So far in the previous lmo they never got any refusals this is the first time applying under lmia.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Thanks for your answer.
We applied for work permit extension (work permit for my husband, open wp for me, and study permit for our daughter) so we have only 50 days to send the LMIA to the immigration.
It is very scary for us.
We hope the best,also.

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
I have a question guys I have a Lmia in assistant manager but I got 5.5 band in one module so I can't apply in express entry but I have supervisor experience also so can I go with express entry ?

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
Lammawitch said:
Are you the employer?

Which particular part of the form is unclear to you?
I am not but just helping the employer, the computation of the cap. Which is in the Svhedule E form. Currently on the work place it's only 2 Canadian and 2 under opw status. Is he qualified to get lmia? Before the moratorium he got one tfw but had finish the contract already. He is getting the tfw from Dubai. Is there any chance after she gets here in Canada she can apply for PR? Please help. Thanks

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreematt said:
I am not but just helping the employer, the computation of the cap. Which is in the Svhedule E form. Currently on the work place it's only 2 Canadian and 2 under opw status. Is he qualified to get lmia? Before the moratorium he got one tfw but had finish the contract already. He is getting the tfw from Dubai. Is there any chance after she gets here in Canada she can apply for PR? Please help. Thanks
1. With the information you give, does the employer meet exemption 4 on the form?

2. Chances to apply for PR *if* LMIA & WP are approved? Yes, there's a chance, if the job is skill level A, B, or 0.

anti_maniac

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
does someone knows, if its not a dual intent LMIA....can it be used to file a PR if at a later stage person for whom LMIA was approved decides to pursue PR (ofcourse within the validity duration of LMIA)?

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
Lammawitch said:
1. With the information you give, does the employer meet exemption 4 on the form?

2. Chances to apply for PR *if* LMIA & WP are approved? Yes, there's a chance, if the job is skill level A, B, or 0.
What do you mean exemption 4?

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone know the wait time for a duel internt lmia for skilled trade 40 bucks an hour job? Thanks

SaraGheno

Sep 17, 2015
Hi, I'm a pastry cook. Why Will it be difficult to obtain an LMIA for my work? I know that it is a required job in Canada.

caprisj

Sep 5, 2015
I am not sure yet, if mine was dual intent or not?

Also, I checked with my employer about the status and he said " That the application is in queue and we are still waiting to hear back"

Not sure what inference to draw from the above statement.

Anyone with ideas??