LMIA application processing time?

IrishinVan

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you should call CIC asap and give them the LMIA file number, and send them a copy of the LMIA application form, if possible. Because you already applied for your WP extension, that means that you will be on implied status when your current WP expires. CIC will not 'approve' your new WP until you get your LMIA, but they said that if you are waiting on an LMIA, they will keep your WP application open for 2 extra months to give people a chance to get their LMIAs. So you can keep your implied status and keep studying/working until you get a decision on your LMIA. Once you get the LMIA, then you can call CIC again and tell them that your LMIA has been approved, and they will issue the new WP. Or you can go directly to the border with the LMIA. your wife should be fine if her permit is not expiring until November. You should get yours before then and she would then get a spousal open work permit.

vivek4u4me said:
MY WORK PERMIT IS EXPIRING THIS MONTH BUT ALREADY APPLIED FOR WP EXTENSION.. CURRENTLY ON POST GRAD WP... MY WIFE HERE IS ON OPEN WP AS WELL HER WORK PERMIT EXPIRING NOVEMBER THIS YEAR. I ALREADY APPLIED FOR LMIA AND RECEIVED FILE NUMBER. SO CAN I JUST UPDATE CIC WITH FILE NUMBER OF LMIA?? SO THEY APPROVE WP BASED ON THAT OR WHAT???

saracunity

Feb 2, 2015
Hi

My employer got an application confirmation date - July 10. Place, Time, Date, Applicants details mentioned on that.

Will I get feedback on the same date ( Positive or Negative) ?

Thanks

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Can anyone tell me . I have applied for visitor visa because I am waiting for my lmia result and immigration charged me $ 200 and I am confused I heard from someone I need to pay for the restoration temporary status fees also?

Birdplane

Jun 19, 2015
Hello ladies and gentleman.
I assume this is the place where i might find help with my LMIA questions, so i'l give it a shot.

My LMIA application was sent on 18th of June 2015.
I'm currently on a visa program called "Young Professionals" which will end in beginning of August 2015.

Most likely the situation will be that my work permit runs out before i get the final answer from LMIA.

So here comes my questions. Would this scenario be theoretically possible?
- I'll leave Canada before the expiration of Work Permit.
- Travel around in Europe - visit home for a month and if the answer from LMIA still hasn't arrived
-return to Canada as a visitor and than wait for the answer

This would be the scenario that i would like to execute, but I'm not really sure is it doable. Maybe there are some fundamental mistakes that I'm not aware of or maybe someone has suggestions of another path I should commit to. All help and discussion is highly appreciated.

Kaneage

Jun 19, 2015
Maaftgbkum said:
Can anyone tell me . I have applied for visitor visa because I am waiting for my lmia result and immigration charged me $ 200 and I am confused I heard from someone I need to pay for the restoration temporary status fees also?
I'm in the same situation. Having had a visitor extension denied, I'm now applying for restoration of status - as I'm still waiting (week 4) for a response from SC on my LMIA.

I think the $200 is the restoration fee. I don't think there are any other charges, but I haven't quite submitted my new forms yet.

I also have a question on this, if anyone can clarify. If/when I get a positive response on my LMIA, due to currently not having a temporary resident status and now applying for restoration, can I still flagpole with my LMIA?

IrishinVan

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kaneage said:
I'm in the same situation. Having had a visitor extension denied, I'm now applying for restoration of status - as I'm still waiting (week 4) for a response from SC on my LMIA.

I think the $200 is the restoration fee. I don't think there are any other charges, but I haven't quite submitted my new forms yet.

I also have a question on this, if anyone can clarify. If/when I get a positive response on my LMIA, due to currently not having a temporary resident status and now applying for restoration, can I still flagpole with my LMIA?
as far as I know you can't get a new WP, whether it be online or at the border, while you are out of status. You'll have to wait for your status to be restored first.

Kaneage

Jun 19, 2015
IrishinVan said:
as far as I know you can't get a new WP, whether it be online or at the border, while you are out of status. You'll have to wait for your status to be restored first.
Seems bizarre they'd tell me to just wait for my status to get restored if my reason for restoring to a visitor in the first place is to activate an LMIA. ???

IrishinVan

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kaneage said:
Seems bizarre they'd tell me to just wait for my status to get restored if my reason for restoring to a visitor in the first place is to activate an LMIA. ???
Ya I know it is pointless, but others on here have said that they were refused WP because they were out of status when they applied. you could also consider restoring your status at the border and getting your WP on the same day?

IrishinVan

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IrishinVan said:
NOC: 5122
Low wage, BC
Application sent: Jan 19th
File no: Feb 4th
Employer called ESDC: mid march - "still processing"
Employer called ESDC: June 1st -

ESDC told employer that they were really surprised that it has been taking so long (19 weeks) and that employer should send a letter with a good explanation of why they need the application processed. They said to send the letter 3 weeks prior to my WP expiring, and that would count as a valid reason, but my employer told them it had already expired and I am on implied status. ESDC said to then wait 3 weeks until implied status will expire...not very helpful/knowledgeable. We faxed them today requesting expedited processing.
UPDATE:

My employer got a call June 19 from ESDC but she was out of the office. They have agreed to speak on Monday June 22. I'll try to share as much info as possible about the call. fingers crossed this means we will have an answer soon.

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Anyone knows about the high skilled worker for supporting the permanent residency LMIA and its processing time

Plzzz answer me as soon as possible if anyone knows that

saracunity

Feb 2, 2015
Hi guys

my employer got an appointment confirmation date on 10/7 with CIC (Dundas street west, Toronto)

I applied LMIA on Sept/2014. I'm waiting for LMIA update from there...

Weather my employer will be informed regarding my LMIA status (positive or negative) on this confirmation date?

Please express your views I'm tired of waiting for this long period...

Thank you

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
Has anyone got any updates. Seems to be very slow on here

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
no news... yeah very very slow

IrishinVan

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UPDATE:

NOC: 5122
Low wage, BC
Application sent: Jan 19th
File no: Feb 4th
Employer called ESDC: mid march - "still processing"
Employer called ESDC: June 1st - "you should send a letter to the processing centre"
Sent fax: June 2nd
ESDC phoned employer: June 18th - asked for specific date range that was used to calculate the Cap. Employer provided requested info & ESDC confirmed that we would receive positive LMIA. Still waiting for letter of confirmation.

Anyone know how long it usually takes to get the letter/fax?