+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LLB evaluation question

Arpitgop9

Sep 3, 2018
Hi All,

I have done my 3 years of Bachelors in Commerce and have also completed 2 years of Bachelors in Law. Can any let me know, how WES will evaluate my qualifications.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Nov 14, 2018
Hellow

hellow shahankhan
I m writing to you because we have the same case . I m a lawyer and my wife is a bds . Her evaluation by wes states that its 4 years bachelors equal to canadian dentistry degree. Does it means that it is equal to professional degree?? Also can u tell me about llb, ba assessment as i havent received my evaluation report yet.
Will appreciate your response
Thanks
Hi my learned friend! I have the same query, even i have submitted my documents for evaluation to WES, could you please let me know as to what did WES evaluate your degree as?

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
This is an interesting topic, although it is by and large a little old.

I have an LLB and a postgraduate diploma required to practice law in the UK however WES assessed my qualifications as two or more degrees etc. The general consensus (apart from this thread) seems to be that this is correct.

Has anyone had an LLB assessed as equivalent to a Masters (or degree required to practice a licensed profession) with IQAS? I would be very keen to hear of this.

Buska828

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
WES assessed my spouse's and my four years of Bachelors degree and LLB as equivalent to a two year diploma and four years of professional study, respectively.

Reactions: swatisood

Mansiaw14

Feb 12, 2019
Hi everyone,
I am writing because my case is of similar nature. I have earned my BBA.LLB(Hons) (5year course) from NLUO in India. I would really appreciate if someone could help me in determining whether to apply to WES or IQAS in order to get a professional degree evaluation.
Please help.
Thanks

swatisood

Apr 7, 2019
WES assessed my spouse's and my four years of Bachelors degree and LLB as equivalent to a two year diploma and four years of professional study, respectively.

Hey I am a B.com graduate ( 3 year) and then 3 year LLB... Do you think that WES will consider my law degree as professional degree... Please help

amaka1802

Jun 11, 2019
Hi all I had wes evaluate my LLB as a four year bachelors degree I have contacted them for a report upgrade..waiting for a response.. does anyone know if Wes would evaluate law school degrees??I don’t know if I should try iqas .. and if so would I need to send all documents afresh as sometimes getting this documents from schools here in Nigeria can sometimes be frustrating. Can wes forward documents to Iqas??

JAEN

Aug 10, 2019
So can you claim 50 points at the skills transferability section for education. They say clb9 and two or more qualifications. Is the LLB (prof degree) two or more degrees?

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hi all,

I am a lawyer and am using ICAS for my ECA. Does anyone know how ICAS will equate an LLB. Will appreciate your responses.
In another thread, people say that ICAS recognizes LLBs as professional degrees. Not sure if their conclusions vary depending on the country the degree was awarded in.

Ferdys_classics

Aug 13, 2019
Hello BillWescott.

Thanks a lot for your response. I am a lawyer in Nigeria and i hope my law degree here will be equated as a professional degree. I don't know any lawyer using ICAS for their ECA most lawyers use IQAS because LLB is equated as a professional degree by them. I already made payment for the ICAS ECA before i got to know of IQAS. I pray all turns out well.

BillyWescott

May 24, 2019
Hello BillWescott.

Thanks a lot for your response. I am a lawyer in Nigeria and i hope my law degree here will be equated as a professional degree. I don't know any lawyer using ICAS for their ECA most lawyers use IQAS because LLB is equated as a professional degree by them. I already made payment for the ICAS ECA before i got to know of IQAS. I pray all turns out well.
Ah sorry I confused ICAS with IQAS. Some other people from Nigeria might be able to help you.

amaka1802

Jun 11, 2019
Hi Amaka

Did you recieve any response from WES?
Hi yes I did .. the feedback given was that the evaluation given was solely at their discretion and as such they are not bound to change it .. I don’t know what to do . Iqas seems to be terrible I called them today and they said they are still reviewing documents received since April so I am wondering when they will begin to review the ones sent in June/July