+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LLB evaluation question

Lipika_08

Dec 9, 2019
Do CES or ICAS considers BA LLB degree (integrated course of 5 years) from IP University, India as a Master's Degree or Professional degree?
WES evaluated it as Bachelors degree (Four Years).

Ferdys_classics

Aug 13, 2019
@Lipika_08 Please be informed that ICAS equates the LLB degree to a Bachelor of Laws in Canada. Which simply means its rated as a professional degree required to practice in a licensed profession.

I used ICAS for my ECA though my LLB degree was obtained from Nigeria. Ihope you find this information useful.

Lipika_08

Dec 9, 2019
@Lipika_08 Please be informed that ICAS equates the LLB degree to a Bachelor of Laws in Canada. Which simply means its rated as a professional degree required to practice in a licensed profession.

I used ICAS for my ECA though my LLB degree was obtained from Nigeria. Ihope you find this information useful.
How much time did ICAS take for evaluation?

sidaksandhu

Jan 8, 2020
Hi! I have done B.Com LLb from Panjab University, India. I have to apply for ECA. ICAS and IQAS have currently shut down their processing. Can somebody suggest that whether ICES will be better or CES?

chubby89

Feb 17, 2020
Hi yes I did .. the feedback given was that the evaluation given was solely at their discretion and as such they are not bound to change it .. I don’t know what to do . Iqas seems to be terrible I called them today and they said they are still reviewing documents received since April so I am wondering when they will begin to review the ones sent in June/July
I'm also in the same boat. No response from WES. I was hoping to create my create my express entry today, now I'm very confused.

Neihal

Mar 5, 2020
Hi! I have done B.Com LLb from Panjab University, India. I have to apply for ECA. ICAS and IQAS have currently shut down their processing. Can somebody suggest that whether ICES will be better or CES?
Hey, have you had any success with ECA so far? I have also completed B.A.LL.B (Hons.) from Panjab University and IQAS is temporarily paused till May 2020.

sidaksandhu

Jan 8, 2020
Hey, have you had any success with ECA so far? I have also completed B.A.LL.B (Hons.) from Panjab University and IQAS is temporarily paused till May 2020.
No, I have applied for ICAS but it takes around 8 months and I am thinking to apply from CES as well. Did you apply as well?

Reactions: Neihal

Neihal

Mar 5, 2020
No, I have applied for ICAS but it takes around 8 months and I am thinking to apply from CES as well. Did you apply as well?
I haven’t applied and since you’re saying it takes 8months through ICAS, I’ll probably wait for IQAS to resume accepting applications in May. Till then I’ll take my IELTS exam.
thanks and good luck.

MUSAH JOSEPH

Jun 5, 2020

Thanks alot. I got my LLB in Nigeria and I want to put in for ECA. It appears I have options of IQAS and ICAS.....it appears they both rate LLB as a professional certificate

Nodustollens

Jan 5, 2019
Hi have you heard from either of the two. ICAS OR IQAS. And what is the equivalency given.
And if not received till now. What does your research say it will get assessed as

sidaksandhu

Jan 8, 2020
Hi have you heard from either of the two. ICAS OR IQAS. And what is the equivalency given.
And if not received till now. What does your research say it will get assessed as
Hey I got assessed mine from IQAS and it has been assessed as a professional degree. I am still waiting for ICAS. IQAS assessed my degree pretty fast

Neihal

Mar 5, 2020
Hey I got assessed mine from IQAS and it has been assessed as a professional degree. I am still waiting for ICAS. IQAS assessed my degree pretty fast
Hey Sidak,

When did you apply to IQAS (pre or post COVID)? Also, how long did PU take to send the documents? It’s been about 35 days since my application is lying with PU and they haven’t sent it to CES. Can you suggest how I can make PU move faster?
Thanks.

also when do you plan on taking ielts? I hear only IDP is operational at the moment.

sidaksandhu

Jan 8, 2020
I got it assessed post Covid. They can send the transcripts online. You just have to keep calling them to get it done. I have taken my ielts and I am waiting for my experience to complete