+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver work permit-refused

Thai224

May 7, 2012
hoping2b said:
@ thai
what are the reasons of your refusal as live in caregiver applicant? I do believe that some vo are not consistent and unfair sometimes with their decisions.
Thank you hoping 2b....common reasons 1 no training 2nd continous employment..yet I am almost 4 years in our school. with regrads to my experience I have been teaching for almost 9 years already normally in kindergarten, grade1 and grade 2......and my prospective work in canada is only nannying children aged 3,7 and 8 no medical attention needed..only telling stories, making crafts, supervising them and light housekeeping.....I was preparing my slips to show to them during the interview, yet they did not call me for an interview..it's just I simply submit my docs gave the payment after 8 weeks gave my docs back to me.... secondly I was thinking that my previous contracts were enough to show my continous employment...but it did not matter....

Thai224

May 7, 2012
Before When I had applied work permit under LCP (nanny job) my documents were terribly incomplete..I now found the checklist ...I was so dull before..

Im a grade one teacher by profession and had an experience in teaching kindegarten children for one year.
And again I have a nanny job offer in Canada. Ill be taking care children ages 6, 4 and 1.

I have prepared the following:

First Aid and CPR Certificate, Payslips, Previous contracts and present, Reference letters stating my teaching job and other duties and responsibilities, Police Clearance

Could you please advise me any other documents or letters for me to prepare ?

Thank you.

honney

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Thai224 said:
Before When I had applied work permit under LCP (nanny job) my documents were terribly incomplete..I now found the checklist ...I was so dull before..

Im a grade one teacher by profession and had an experience in teaching kindegarten children for one year.
And again I have a nanny job offer in Canada. Ill be taking care children ages 6, 4 and 1.

I have prepared the following:

First Aid and CPR Certificate, Payslips, Previous contracts and present, Reference letters stating my teaching job and other duties and responsibilities, Police Clearance

Could you please advise me any other documents or letters for me to prepare ?

Thank you.
just a suggestion and from what i have read somewhere in this forum...it is also important that your teaching job and other duties and responsibilities will match on the requirements of your prospective employer...and even if the children whom you will take care of, do not have any special needs, it is also important that you know about first aid care treatment and CPR in case of emergencies...hope this helps.

dna

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
You can write a cover letter to show that your duties/responsibilities as a teacher match with the duties/responsibilities required by your future employer when looking after his/her children. One of the requirements to be a live-in caregiver is having completed secondary school. I'm sure you have completed this level of education. So, prepare a copy of secondary school certificate or a copy of the translation if the certificate is not in English.

Coralin

Mar 10, 2013
Yes, I also recommend the letter that explains your experience teaching children so they can relate that to your future job.

I am a teacher and a few weeks ago I got my application as a Live-in caregiver refused because I didn't have the experience nor training, I don't have experience taking care of children but I do have a three-year full time training in English Language Teaching and more than one year paid experience teaching to children of all ages.

So, a week ago I re-apply for the work permit under the program but now I included a letter from me and the family explaining my duties and responsabilities as a caregiver so they can relate that to my teaching experience.

Good luck!

Thai224

May 7, 2012
dna said:
You can write a cover letter to show that your duties/responsibilities as a teacher match with the duties/responsibilities required by your future employer when looking after his/her children. One of the requirements to be a live-in caregiver is having completed secondary school. I'm sure you have completed this level of education. So, prepare a copy of secondary school certificate or a copy of the translation if the certificate is not in English.
The director of my first school gave already regarding my other duties nd responsiblities when I was teaching there way back 2004-2008 and also this present director he gave as well. In the reference letter he even included my other duties and responsibilities like cleaning, washing/bathe the children if they "pooped"/ pees, giving medicine, playing with them, making crafts, story telling and a lot more. In my prospective employer she wrote in the contract my duties such as playing with the children, tutoring, bringing the children to the park, light housekeeping.

These what I have now... payslips ( since 2009-present), contracts (since 2009-present), first aid and CPR certificate, Police clearance,
marriage contract, birth certificate of my child, 2 reference letters with duties and responsibilities...

Please give me a sample of a letter that I am going to write.

Thai224

May 7, 2012
Thai224 said:
The director of my first school gave already regarding my other duties nd responsiblities when I was teaching there way back 2004-2008 and also this present director he gave as well. In the reference letter he even included my other duties and responsibilities like cleaning, washing/bathe the children if they "pooped"/ pees, giving medicine, playing with them, making crafts, story telling and a lot more. In my prospective employer she wrote in the contract my duties such as playing with the children, tutoring, bringing the children to the park, light housekeeping.

These what I have now... payslips ( since 2009-present), contracts (since 2009-present), first aid and CPR certificate, Police clearance,
marriage contract, birth certificate of my child, 2 reference letters with duties and responsibilities...

Please give me a sample of a letter that I am going to write.
to honey, coraleen and dna thank you so much...

Thai224

May 7, 2012
I received an email from the Canadian Embassy stating that I should go to the embassy to get my work permit application assessment.. ::)...
I dont know if it is positive or negative..(sigh...)

christine san andres

Star Member
Jun 1, 2012
AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 3, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 8, 2013
Passport Req..
Nov 18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 24, 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 1, 2014
Thai224 said:
I received an email from the Canadian Embassy stating that I should go to the embassy to get my work permit application assessment.. ::)...
from which country are you applying?

dna

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
Thai224 said:
Just think positively. Maybe this is a chance for you to show the officer that you meet the requirements for the job offered. Bring along all the originals of all the documents, for example high school certificate, pay slips, even if they are not written in English. Maybe the officer wants to compare the original documents with the translations. Prepare yourself with some knowledge of first aid (chocking, emergency number, etc).
I wish you all the best.
God bless

Thai224

May 7, 2012
Thank you so much DNA...with regards to my original documents I submitted those together with the Photocopies...I put those original documents in the separate folder.

I reviewed my EFR handbook this time....