+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver work permit-refused

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
I don't run a network for helping people :) Suffice it to say that I have been through a lot of hardships; spent sleepless nights and money dealing with immigration, suffered lots of stress and so I read and researched, and if I can help in any small way I can, I try to. I meet and talk to a lot of people, Filipinos and other nationalities. I ask questions and listen to their stories. I know an agency here in Canada who helps caregivers but only when they are already in Canada.

BTW, a strong justification from your brother would help your application. Ask him to write a cover letter. I know somebody from Alberta who had her employer write a cover letter explaining why she needs her services. Also as to income, they must be able to have more than the LICO plus your salary and additional cost of living expense when you arrive. As to the number of rooms they should provide a room for you and a room for the child and their room, they should have at least three bedrooms.

bob02 said:
@ job seeker
Are you a caregiver by any chance?
You seem to know many caregivers..do you run a net work for helping people, in this proffesion, in soving their problems?

bob02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
job_seeker said:
BTW, a strong justification from your brother would help your application. Ask him to write a cover letter. I know somebody from Alberta who had her employer write a cover letter explaining why she needs her services. Also as to income, they must be able to have more than the LICO plus your salary and additional cost of living expense when you arrive. As to the number of rooms they should provide a room for you and a room for the child and their room, they should have at least three bedrooms.
Thanks for advising.
What bothers me is that we don't have a care giver proffesional course like you guys do.We do have day care centres in small numbers but that is for ladies.I dont know if there is any opening in such capacity for males to look after children while elders are out.
Do you think that teaching at pre-primary or primary level will be counted as an experience for caregiver.At pre-primary(age 3-5),there is not much of a teaching but much of an activity keeping children busy with various activities including on -ground plays.
Have you seen some one coming on the basis of above mentioned experience?
i.e school's experience??

Grade 08

Aug 14, 2010
@ job seeker, kababayan pala kita. nice to meet you here.. asang part ka ng canada? thanks

@bob02, i think job seeker already answered your question for me.. goodluck to you.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
I am not sure about that part, but there is this site in the web where it says: " You may have gained your training or experience in areas such as early childhood education, geriatric care, pediatric nursing or first aid." So I think if you are an early childhood educator then by all means your experience would qualify you as a "nanny" (dandy(?)) :) to your nephew (sorry for the pun). I know of at least one who's from Europe and her experience was under ECE. So if it worked for her, might work for you too. You'll never know till you try and apply.

bob02 said:
Thanks for advising.
What bothers me is that we don't have a care giver proffesional course like you guys do.We do have day care centres in small numbers but that is for ladies.I dont know if there is any opening in such capacity for males to look after children while elders are out.
Do you think that teaching at pre-primary or primary level will be counted as an experience for caregiver.At pre-primary(age 3-5),there is not much of a teaching but much of an activity keeping children busy with various activities including on -ground plays.
Have you seen some one coming on the basis of above mentioned experience?
i.e school's experience??

bob02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
@job seeker
You are great!!!!!
Thanks for informing..and....keep on punning..i wont mind ;D
But I will mind :mad: if you dont share your experience with "male nanny" for LCP
let me know if there is any thing beneficial in this regard.

By the way..Dandy is a nice nick for future internet correspondence..I'll consider it ;)

bob02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
wei..the one who started it all...has not updated herself.What might have happened to her prospective employee who was denied for LCP??

pandovska

Sep 16, 2010
Re: LCG work permit application/refused

hello
I read everything that you wrote, and I have a similar problem: I have a friend and former nanny, she took care of my first child before I came to Canada, like 9 years ago. Also she has three years or experience as a child caregiver, but that was 6 years ago. In the mean time she got another employment not in the caregiver industry but sales (she is even lucky to have a job in eastern europe )
well, I got the positive LMO for her, and she was refused for live-in caregiver visa just only because her experience was not within last 6 months prior to applying to visa. What to do next? Any good advice please? I am panicking cause I am a grad student and I need her to take care of my two kids now, I live in Saskatchewan, and to find somebody here as nanny is almost impossible.
Please help if you can?
thanks
Epp

bob02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
Re: LCG work permit application/refused

pandovska said:
hello
I read everything that you wrote, and I have a similar problem: I have a friend and former nanny, she took care of my first child before I came to Canada, like 9 years ago. Also she has three years or experience as a child caregiver, but that was 6 years ago. In the mean time she got another employment not in the caregiver industry but sales (she is even lucky to have a job in eastern europe )
well, I got the positive LMO for her, and she was refused for live-in caregiver visa just only because her experience was not within last 6 months prior to applying to visa. What to do next? Any good advice please? I am panicking cause I am a grad student and I need her to take care of my two kids now, I live in Saskatchewan, and to find somebody here as nanny is almost impossible.
Please help if you can?
thanks
Epp
One thing can be done...she may work for 12 months as a nanny and then reapply the process OR get a 6 month education in child care course.
I dont understand that why was a + LMO issued for her if she was not fit for visa? and how come Saskatchewan NOT have caregivers for babies?? what about day care centres?

pandovska

Sep 16, 2010
well, not that S does not have baby sitter, it is hard to find bilingual, and LMO was issued based on that - nobody eligible answered on my add for live-in caregiver, so that is when I offer her the job, and got the LMO (i had 9 moths od adds in local newspapers and on saskjobs website)
well - she might do that..reapply again..but that will take another year..anything else?

bob02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
pandovska said:
well, not that S does not have baby sitter, it is hard to find bilingual, and LMO was issued based on that - nobody eligible answered on my add for live-in caregiver, so that is when I offer her the job, and got the LMO (i had 9 moths od adds in local newspapers and on saskjobs website)
well - she might do that..reapply again..but that will take another year..anything else?
I think its better to wait then waist.
She can take a 6 month course in her field,as required by the law,and then apply.This seems to be the shortest way to me to fulfill the requirement of the law and then apply right after.Has she done any such course in the past?

bob02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
@job seeker + Grade
Can having a spouse adversly effect the out come of LCP work permit?Some one told me that the chances of success increase if the candidate does not have any spouse and children

mydesire

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Ottawa
Temporary Foreign Worker Program

Live-in caregivers can help families care for children, seniors or persons with disabilities.

You will be considered to have conducted the minimum recruitment efforts required if you:

* Advertise on the national Job Bank (or the equivalent in Saskatchewan, Quebec, Newfoundland or the Northwest Territories) for a minimum of 14 calendar days during the three (3)months prior to applying for a LMO.

A secondary source of advertisement (e.g., newspaper, recognized Internet site, in the community) is encouraged but not required.

When advertising on the national Job Bank, you can provide as “Contact Information” your telephone, cell phone or fax number, or an e-mail or P.O. Box address. The “Contact Information” can also be that of the third-party representative.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
bob02 said:
@ job seeker + Grade
Can having a spouse adversly effect the out come of LCP work permit?Some one told me that the chances of success increase if the candidate does not have any spouse and children
Not really. Your spouse and children will actually be part of your "ties" to your home country.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
bob02 said:
@ Grade 08
Which contry the MP belong, that you use for your case? Phillipines, Canada?
MP- Member of Parliament is in Canada. Your brother could talk with his MP to help out with you WP application, but first hurdle is LMO.