+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver work permit-refused

Fromok

Apr 6, 2009
Hi,

I posted around my questions but I think I made them sound complicated and did not get any answer for my concerns. You guys here may give me some advice.

I am thinking of applying under Live In Caregiver program, but I am married to a Canadian. The truth is I am married to a Canadian so I want to immigrate to Canada to be with my husband, but he cannot sponsor me under family class - complicated story.

What do you think my chances are? - Please assume that I qualify for this category. I actually am not, I will need to obtain training in order to apply, that's why I need to consider my chances so I could decide to spend time and money on such training or not.

Thanks a million for anyone who give me some opinion!

vampirella

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Grade 08 said:
@ Wie,

i am a live in caregiver too and my employer is my sister. i went thru a rigid interview and one of the questions i was asked is why would my sister hire me? i simply said that my sister wanted a relative to take care of her child to make sure that the child receives all the love and care any caring relative would. i would also like you to know that i know a lot of live in caregiver applicants are being hired by their relatives for the same reason. you can put an emphasis to that. giving care is easy to do but loving a child like your own is not for others. and you can reason out for the same reason "you wanted a family to take care of your child"

one thing you can do, which my sister did, is to call your MP to help you with the process. let the MP know how much you need your caregiver to be her and that you wanted afamily member to do that special job for you.

hope this helps

hi! what was the exact thing you did? my friend was interviewed and the VO/CONSUL stated that he will take in consideration whatever it is that was said during the interview, and shall wait for a letter. Will it be wise enough for her sister (employer) to contact the MP as early as now? i need your help. thanks.

vampirella

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
forgive me for my ignorance, folks, but how exactly can my friend's employer contact the MP? should they wait for the letter coming from the embassy or they should act as early as now?

Grade 08

Aug 14, 2010
vampirella said:
forgive me for my ignorance, folks, but how exactly can my friend's employer contact the MP? should they wait for the letter coming from the embassy or they should act as early as now?
hi

my sister contacted our MP even before my interview, but that is to expedite the processing of my papers since she really needs me here for my nephew. i was told though that if ever i was disapproved after the interview that they are planning to appeal my case with the help of MP.

im not sure on how to contact ur MP. sorry. all i know is that they have one MP every province. hope the forum seniors could help you with this.

Grade 08

Aug 14, 2010
vampirella said:
try this my friend. type their postal code here to find the mp in their place:

http://www2.parl.gc.ca/parlinfo/compilations/houseofcommons/memberbypostalcode.aspx?menu=hoc

hope this helps. thanks

vampirella

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
^ thanks heaps! i appreciate it, really.

i will keep you posted once the letter has arrived, and I hope that you can help me with my concern. thanks and God bless.

vampirella

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
the verdict finally arrived, it was stated that her sister doesn't need a nanny after all. can they still appeal?

wie

Jul 14, 2010
bob02 said:
wei..the one who started it all...has not updated herself.What might have happened to her prospective employee who was denied for LCP??
Hello all
Thanks for all the good posts
My employee has applied again
We had to get her originals back from the embassy to reapply + additional supporting dox to prove her ties to home land
We also had to provide dox regarding her efforts in improving her ENglish since the previous application as (the embassy stated in reply to our MP's letter for updates that my employee's english was not sufficient even though on her refusal letter it was stated that the reasoning for the refusal was that she was hired by a relative and did not prove that she would return home after the contract)
Any how, she has an interview in 3 days and we are panicking as we dont know what they will be asking her and how much english they want her to know....as per CIC, she needs to be able to work without supervision and i believe she is capable of doing this as i know her english level...but it is very subjective
DO you guys have any ideas for types of questions? or how she could prepare for this

Thanks alot

vampirella

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
^^ hi. you said reapply, does that mean you have to go back to square one? what exactly did you do after seeking help from the MP? thanks.

wie

Jul 14, 2010
vampirella said:
^^ hi. you said reapply, does that mean you have to go back to square one? what exactly did you do after seeking help from the MP? thanks.
Yes we reapplied it has been exactly 9 weeks since the 2nd reapplication
The whole thing all over...all the dox except we still had time with our LMO and applied before it expired
MPs dont have power other than communication with the embassy and requesting clarifications or updates...but the officers are the ultimate decision makers
So she is going for her interview this week and we are worried....
The reapplication was very complicated bc the embassy had retained the originals from the first application and would not return them....but anyway, we are good now and just hoping for a fair and just decision (and a positive one)
I need help with preparation for this interview, anybody?

Grade 08

Aug 14, 2010
vampirella said:
the verdict finally arrived, it was stated that her sister doesn't need a nanny after all. can they still appeal?
I believe that u can either appeal the decision or reapply. Happened with an acquaintance. Thou I donit know the procedure on how. But the employer needs to do the work. Justify her need of a nanny I guess. Goodluck!

Grade 08

Aug 14, 2010
wie said:
Yes we reapplied it has been exactly 9 weeks since the 2nd reapplication
The whole thing all over...all the dox except we still had time with our LMO and applied before it expired
MPs dont have power other than communication with the embassy and requesting clarifications or updates...but the officers are the ultimate decision makers
So she is going for her interview this week and we are worried....
The reapplication was very complicated bc the embassy had retained the originals from the first application and would not return them....but anyway, we are good now and just hoping for a fair and just decision (and a positive one)
I need help with preparation for this interview, anybody?
goodluck with the interview. Make sure your employee knows your information (you and your husband and kid(s)), address, tel no, work, whatever is in her contract, whatever info she wrote in her info sheet.Esp It also helps to know how to manage common illness for kids like fever, colds, flu. How to handle/take care of kids.

wie

Jul 14, 2010
Hi Friends
My nanny got another refusal
this time, she was told she doesnt have the training or the experience (in fact she had provided a letter from her employer "daycare" where she had worked one full year/full time with salary
What really frustrates me is that she gave the same document the first application and it was deemed acceptable but she was refused bc her job offer was from a relative (me) and that she was thought not wanting to leave canada later
Either the officer forgot to look at her dox, or they really know going after a fair decision is very hard for us and that we dont have a chance
I am soo stuck and angry. I want to know why she was even interviewed if her documents were not even satisfactory for applying as a live in caregiver...really, why even consider her application if she doesnt even have the required training and experience?
How can we appeal? can we?
I dont know if reapplying would make a difference, there i soo much inconsistency in the embassy's decisions that is simply inhumane.

Thai224

May 7, 2012
Fromok said:
Hi,

I posted around my questions but I think I made them sound complicated and did not get any answer for my concerns. You guys here may give me some advice.

I am thinking of applying under Live In Caregiver program, but I am married to a Canadian. The truth is I am married to a Canadian so I want to immigrate to Canada to be with my husband, but he cannot sponsor me under family class - complicated story.

What do you think my chances are? - Please assume that I qualify for this category. I actually am not, I will need to obtain training in order to apply, that's why I need to consider my chances so I could decide to spend time and money on such training or not.

Thanks a million for anyone who give me some opinion!

mine too is refused. Just received a letter from them. I would like to re apply next week it would be alright?

hoping2b

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thai224 said:
mine too is refused. Just received a letter from them. I would like to re apply next week it would be alright?
@ thai
what are the reasons of your refusal as live in caregiver applicant? I do believe that some vo are not consistent and unfair sometimes with their decisions.