+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver PR application sent in 2011 timeline, Welcome...

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@melody chen- add us up on facebook, livein_caregiver@yahoo.com !

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
melody chen said:
hello everyone ,i am a live-in caregiver and i am from china. i sent my application (owp and pr) at April 7th 2010,but i don't get anthing forme the goverment,what did the do ? the prossing time never change ! never chenge !never change! they drive me crazy! guys,how can we do? :eek:
Hi, melody chen... They are playing game with us.
and they might surprise you next week~

vampirella

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
hi, everyone! I will be sending my documents probably by june this year. I would just like to ask if I still need to get the summary of hours worked from my previous employer? I mean, I already have the ROE. How true is it that after receiving the OWP, you still have to wait for another year before you get your Permanent Residency? Have you heard it from people who were able to experience it or it's plain hearsay's? i need your two cents on this matter. thanks bunch!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Not if you are single. You may get your PR days after your OWP.

vampirella said:
hi, everyone! I will be sending my documents probably by june this year. I would just like to ask if I still need to get the summary of hours worked from my previous employer? I mean, I already have the ROE. How true is it that after receiving the OWP, you still have to wait for another year before you get your Permanent Residency? Have you heard it from people who were able to experience it or it's plain hearsay's? i need your two cents on this matter. thanks bunch!

vampirella

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
^ hi, job_seeker! oh my gawd! you have no idea how happy i felt after i read your reply. for real? say, i get my owp july next year, i'll be able to receive my pr days after that? :)

melody chen

Apr 17, 2011
toronto on
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoyceLam said:
Hi, melody chen... They are playing game with us.
and they might surprise you next week~
yes ,you are right.They are like players but we are like chessmen .Are we wax their hands? Let's see Wensday , maybe they want to be a good person then give us a big surprise.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Yup. Trend for single LCPs I've met and single members' posts. Chances are you'll get your OWP and PR interview schedule days apart if you are single. Woe to those who are married though cause they have to wait 15 more months :(

vampirella said:
^ hi, job_seeker! oh my gawd! you have no idea how happy i felt after i read your reply. for real? say, i get my owp july next year, i'll be able to receive my pr days after that? :)

vampirella

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
^@job_seeker: good news,indeed! (for singles, that is.) funny, I got those information from married friends. all the while, i thought it's all the same. Thank You!

abhi211984

Star Member
Apr 14, 2011
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi
im a living-in caregiver and about finish da 2 years requirement. I just got married to a failed refugee who has already been deported to his country which is Pakistan. Im about to file an application for my PR and i have 2 options
1) I show him as my spouse and sponser with my application.
2) I show him as my spouse and sponser him later once i get my PR.
I would like to know your advice in it and would like to know which would bring my husband back because i cant live without him.

Please do reply

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You would be applying for the Permanent Residency with your husband. You do not have two options. You apply with him or he would be an ineligible dependent (you would never be able to sponsor him once you have landed). It is a misconception that you are sponsoring your spouse/dependents. You are applicants together, you being the principal applicant. Should there be reason that your spouse would be inadmissible, your PR application might also be refused.

abhi211984 said:
hi
im a living-in caregiver and about finish da 2 years requirement. I just got married to a failed refugee who has already been deported to his country which is Pakistan. Im about to file an application for my PR and i have 2 options
1) I show him as my spouse and sponser with my application.
2) I show him as my spouse and sponser him later once i get my PR.
I would like to know your advice in it and would like to know which would bring my husband back because i cant live without him.

Please do reply

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
congrats honeysweetie!

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
honeysweetie said:
count me in here. Just sent my PR & OWP application few hours ago (-:
Enjoy~~~ honeysweetie, we are all playing this game now...