+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver PR application sent in 2011 timeline, Welcome...

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
kitt1517 said:
Hi Joy, I'll apply with opion 1. As soon as I get papers from my employer I'll will share in this forum and play the waiting game together!
Haaaaa.... Wait you to join the waiting game........ ;)

icycool

Apr 13, 2011
Hi Girls,
I am wondering can I choose option 2 for apply PR? if I dont have any overtime, I work 40 hrs/week but when I calculate seem like option 2 is faster a bit for me. And also 3900 hrs is include 2 weeks <80 hrs> vacation?

Thanks!

lyne

Star Member
Nov 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LC1 19-apr-2010
AOR Received.
LC2 27-mar-2011
Med's Done....
LC2 8-sep-2012
Passport Req..
LC2 22-jan-13
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 27-july-13(landed)
LANDED..........
March 20,2013
if you have complete requirements for option 2 then why not?

cats_lover

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP/ PR 02-04-12
Hello Ladies
My thumbs up for all who are working as Live In Caregiver because is a job of hell! Ive been working just one year and 2 months and i cant wait to submit my application and get out of here.
The lady who was workig before me here (she apply on 2009) had to wait 8 months in total, first she got her OWP and months afer her PR. So i have read now that we have to wait one year! I cant believe that! so that means we have to be LIC for 3 years to get PR. For all what ive read after the 2 years and while waiting for the answer from immigration, we have to still be under the LIC, right? if we are lucky enough and we get the OWP in a few months then we can get out and work as we want and wait for PR. Am i right?
Regards to all from BC!

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@catslover-welcome to the forum, yes it is technically like that, it is so hard to wait , there are organizations out there like the migrante canada who is willing to help if we need one,

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@kitt1517-is that true! i cant wait i want to give up already!

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
How they make the "Protected Persons and Convention Refugees" processing time shorter and shorter? and we have to wait longer? :eek:

bbggliz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is insane and so frustrated. we just want to do everything right, work as everyone else, pay our taxes, and be a good resident of canada. Right? Some other applications are getting shorter, as somebody said. and the LCG had to wait for so long. I sent my application last year June 24, 2011. just checked is processing since Sept 18, 2010 and still no answer. I was getting married las year before applying and then me and my fiance decided to wait until I get my OWP at least under the LCG application.
I didn't want to apply under the spouse class because by that time was the same processing time, I didn't want to give up all my 2+ years as a LCG. Now I regret, but hope is the only thing I have. I have an excellent job offer and it hurts as hell that I have to turn it down. I know we are not alone, all of you guys have been in a same situation, and perhaps some of you like myself has getting sick, homesick, crying every night, hoping to get any positive answer.

Just a last question, Has anybody in this forum has get any answer yet. people who applied last February/March/ April 2010 ???
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US!!

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
bbggliz said:
It is insane and so frustrated. we just want to do everything right, work as everyone else, pay our taxes, and be a good resident of canada. Right? Some other applications are getting shorter, as somebody said. and the LCG had to wait for so long. I sent my application last year June 24, 2011. just checked is processing since Sept 18, 2010 and still no answer. I was getting married las year before applying and then me and my fiance decided to wait until I get my OWP at least under the LCG application.
I didn't want to apply under the spouse class because by that time was the same processing time, I didn't want to give up all my 2+ years as a LCG. Now I regret, but hope is the only thing I have. I have an excellent job offer and it hurts as hell that I have to turn it down. I know we are not alone, all of you guys have been in a same situation, and perhaps some of you like myself has getting sick, homesick, crying every night, hoping to get any positive answer.

Just a last question, Has anybody in this forum has get any answer yet. people who applied last February/March/ April 2010 ???
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US!!
I've heared about a single applicant who sent her application early Mar 2010 got her PR.

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
Is CIC making any change for the LCP? All of the Application are moving except LCP...
so depressed..

kitt1517

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
rosellyalung said:
@ kitt1517-is that true! i cant wait i want to give up already!
Don't give up Rosellyalung, we're in the same boat and you travel more than half way, keep moving ,, don't know what to say it's sad.

JoyceLam said:
Is CIC making any change for the LCP? All of the Application are moving except LCP...
so depressed..
Don't they know how much do we've done for the canadian family? we make thier life more easier . we face a lot of problem but we have to be patient for our dream. 2 years is long enough but they make it longer and very longer...

JoyceLam said:
I've heared about a single applicant who sent her application early Mar 2010 got her PR.
Yeah I met a friend on the bus who sent her application in early of year 2009 she applied for her family too ( spouse and 2 girls) she told me she got OWP after 5 months and whole family got PR status in sebtember 2010 (about 19 months) . At that time I was so happy and had a lot of hope that the processing time won't take to long but not anymore ??? now 28 months after submit applications.

ying888

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
have you guys noticed that --- in 2010, it said the processing time was 9-10 months but when they at last got the pr, it took mostly more than one year, some were faster even though. and this year , no one knows how long we have to wait ,as it's stuck , and more and more case , make slower and slower , I think we should appeal after two year live-in caregiver job we could get our pr automatically, it's fair to every one , what do you guys think?

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
ying888 said:
have you guys noticed that --- in 2010, it said the processing time was 9-10 months but when they at last got the pr, it took mostly more than one year, some were faster even though. and this year , no one knows how long we have to wait ,as it's stuck , and more and more case , make slower and slower , I think we should appeal after two year live-in caregiver job we could get our pr automatically, it's fair to every one , what do you guys think?
the processing time is getting longer and longer... the 2 year LCP might become a 4 year's program? as me, I have been here 3 years... I cannot wait any longer...

kitt1517

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
Hi, I have a nother question Do you include an original RCMP fingerprint record in the PR application? I'm confuse because someone says I have to include but someone says I don't have to include.