+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver PR application sent in 2011 timeline, Welcome...

miseria

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
HELP regarding t4, anyone?!

hi! need some enlightenment regarding a very important issue about my t4. im a live in caregiver. i will soon be applying for my PR late October of this year 2011 to be exact. my the entries on my t4 are bothering me. my employer only declared 12000 as my annual income, there's not even an amount entered on the box "income tax deducted". does this show that my employers are not paying for my income tax? and will this affect my application for PR. someone told me that i might be starting all over and disregard the 24 months i have worked with my present employer if its proven that they are not paying for my income tax.

help!, anyone?

HONEYGIRL

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 27 2015
Doc's Request.
Aug.4 2015
AOR Received.
July 3 2015
File Transfer...
Aug.12 2015 plus SA ...in process Aug.15. 2015
Med's Done....
May 8 2015
Passport Req..
Sept.1 2015 sent Sept 2 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
@miseria hi i will share to u my exp.i came here june from that month to dec. my first 6mos my employer didnt remit my taxes so that yr i dont have t4 slip that is my first yr.then the next yr they issued me a t4 slip its correct but for my 3rd yr they diducted to my salary all the taxes then i found out that my employer didnt remit again my taxes that is my resent problem with them now i quit my job coz of that issue,,, i ask my employer to make a letter to the immigration when i apply my PR to explain about my first 6month working with them why i dont have t4 slip... i tot after that will gonna be ok but see they did that again to me so i dicide to quit...b4 i submit my application for my PR i ask the immgration if i can apply for my Pr they say YES.... if u have proof that u complete ur 24 mos is ok coz that is the employer problem and i dont have a control for it... employer resposibility to remit ur taxes and give our papers that we need to apply for PR... and i ask also if will affect my application they say its not hope every thing will be ok.... ask ur employer to make a letter of explanation about what she did to ur taxes or ur t4 i think it help to proof that ur working to them... hope its help

HONEYGIRL

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 27 2015
Doc's Request.
Aug.4 2015
AOR Received.
July 3 2015
File Transfer...
Aug.12 2015 plus SA ...in process Aug.15. 2015
Med's Done....
May 8 2015
Passport Req..
Sept.1 2015 sent Sept 2 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
one more thing thats why i quit my job want to clear this mess about my taxes... u say not paying ur taxes also? if that situation u need to ask ur employer to correct it b4 its too late... we dont know coz revenue canada and immigration kinda have connection rite so u still have time to do something ok

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
Re: HELP regarding t4, anyone?!

miseria said:
hi! need some enlightenment regarding a very important issue about my t4. im a live in caregiver. i will soon be applying for my PR late October of this year 2011 to be exact. my the entries on my t4 are bothering me. my employer only declared 12000 as my annual income, there's not even an amount entered on the box "income tax deducted". does this show that my employers are not paying for my income tax? and will this affect my application for PR. someone told me that i might be starting all over and disregard the 24 months i have worked with my present employer if its proven that they are not paying for my income tax.

help!, anyone?
I had the same problem. the first T4 my employer gave to me that shows 12000 as my annual income. I talked to her right away. I ask her to change the T4 for me. I asked her to change my income to the minimum wage 9.25 last year. $19,240 . she said that is out of her buget! I showed her the Application Guide from the CIC website and told her I don't wanna have any problem to apply my PR. Then she changed the income ammount in my 4T, But still shorter than the minimum wage. coz she did pay the tax for the Room and Board $369.42 per month. I made her sign the Pay Slips. and this year , same story!!! She told me she wanna pay me $200 less,then she will give me the right amount T4! NO way!!! Thank God! I made her to sign the Pay Slips. and told her ,I don't really need the T4 this year ,I call the CIC , I could submit my application without T4 this year. ! Then she said nothing and gave me the T4 like last year.

Please Remember! Collect all of the evidence. If needs, record the conversation when you talk to your employer.

ennaesor

Star Member
Aug 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello ladies, anybody here who is unemployed while waiting for PR and OWP? I was let go by my employer on April 1st. and I just submitted my PR + OWP last December 2010. It's really hard to find a LIC job right now..

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
ennaesor said:
Hello ladies, anybody here who is unemployed while waiting for PR and OWP? I was let go by my employer on April 1st. and I just submitted my PR + OWP last December 2010. It's really hard to find a LIC job right now..
Somebody were talking about this last week. Sound like we could apply for EI...

kitt1517

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
I completed 24 months at March,31 with one employer and i'll work for them for another year. I hope I can file my application as soon as my employer pass me all documents but she said she can't give me an ROE because I'm still working for her, she'll give me next year when I finish working. Is that right?

Can you guys that complete 24 months with one employer please share me about your experince? Did you get an ROE from your employer?

Thanks a lot

annemarie91104

Star Member
Feb 27, 2011
kitty...you cant get ROE from your employer if your still working with her only for those who change employers.....if you completed the 24 mos...then you can apply for PR...

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
kitt1517 said:
I completed 24 months at March,31 with one employer and i'll work for them for another year. I hope I can file my application as soon as my employer pass me all documents but she said she can't give me an ROE because I'm still working for her, she'll give me next year when I finish working. Is that right?

Can you guys that complete 24 months with one employer please share me about your experince? Did you get an ROE from your employer?

Thanks a lot
only get a ROE when change an employer...

I completed 3900 hours with one employer. I told my employer 1 month early... coz I knew she will be late for my paper. so I sent my application 10 days after I completed.

kitt1517

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
Thanks Joycelam

That's mean I don't need it right? That's so awesome. Your employer's nice but mine she's such a slow person. I just got my 2010 T4 slip March,28 and I waited for new employent contract and letter for extend my work permit for 2.5 months :'( . This time I shown her a document cheklist form since Febuary until now I don't get anything yet although I told her how important to me and my family. I expected to file in 2 weeks after I done but I can't cause everything is delay!!!!!!!!!!!!! especially I just filed tax refund on April,1 so I cant get print out option c for year 2010 I have to wait 6-8 weeks. ???

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
kitt1517 said:
Thanks Joycelam

That's mean I don't need it right? That's so awesome. Your employer's nice but mine she's such a slow person. I just got my 2010 T4 slip March,28 and I waited for new employent contract and letter for extend my work permit for 2.5 months :'( . This time I shown her a document cheklist form since Febuary until now I don't get anything yet although I told her how important to me and my family. I expected to file in 2 weeks after I done but I can't cause everything is delay!!!!!!!!!!!!! especially I just filed tax refund on April,1 so I cant get print out option c for year 2010 I have to wait 6-8 weeks. ???
Right, you don't need ROE right now.

Your employer should give your T4 in the end of Feb.

For the new contract you could download and print it , to get your employer to sign.

and you also need your pay slips, I gave the samples to my employer.

I called the CIC, I was told I don't need to wait to file my tax return before I submit PR application.
I sent application with Option C before I file the tax return.
It is a long time waiting. Option C takes 5-10 business days, you file the tax( netfile 1 week), then request the Option C(2-3 weeks), it takes aleast 1 month to get them...

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@kitt- if you did not change employer , you can just ask a letter from your employer that you are still working for him/her since the day you started working here in canada

kitt1517

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
Thank you very much , Joycelam and rosellyalung ;

are these all papers that I'll get from my employer right? (same employer)

1. Current employment letter

2. 24 months paystubs

3. Employment contract for 24 months

4. Copies of the CRA notice of assessment for 2 years or T4

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
kitt1517 said:
Thank you very much , Joycelam and rosellyalung ;

are these all papers that I'll get from my employer right? (same employer)

1. Current employment letter

2. 24 months paystubs

3. Employment contract for 24 months

4. Copies of the CRA notice of assessment for 2 years or T4
Employment letter, showing your start date and that you still work for them.

The first Employment Contract ,If it is expired, then you need a new contract.

Are you gonna submit ur application with option 1, or option2(3900 hours), If Option 2 ,you need ur employer to sign the form IMM5634E.

kitt1517

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
Hi Joy, I'll apply with opion 1. As soon as I get papers from my employer I'll will share in this forum and play the waiting game together!