Soon...
Passport Req..
Soon...
VISA ISSUED...
Soon...
LANDED..........
Soon...
rosellyalung said:
Thanks GIco! He did not have it yet do we are thinking i dinno iam confused one for medical one for PR
Hi rosellyalung, i agree with Gico you have to contact the Cem and tell them the situation or maybe call CIC ang explain them your situation and ask what's the best thing to do... Goodluck

littledipper

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LC1-February 2011, LC2-July 2013
AOR Received.
March 26, 2014
Med's Request
March 26, 2014
Med's Done....
May 6, 2014 medical result receive August 6, 2014
Interview........
Soon...
Passport Req..
Soon...
VISA ISSUED...
Soon...
LANDED..........
Soon...
littledipper said:
Hi rosellyalung, i agree with Gico you have to contact the Cem and tell them the situation or maybe call CIC and explain them your situation and ask what's the best thing to do... Goodluck

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
I know i dunno thanks Gico!

boyblue

Dec 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neng23 said:
Hello boyblue

Just wanna ask..take for an example I already have my PR then I got married, how long would be the processing time if I will sponsor my husband? Could it be possible if I have to send my application in Canadian Embassy in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia where he's currently working instead of sending it to the Philippines...Any idea? thank you so much
processing time for family status ( filed by canadian citizens or permanent residents) is considerably less (14 months current) than LC2 (29 months current). send your enquiries to CIC regarding the processing of your prospective husband in the Kingdom.

Aman82

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Hello,,
Please help me if anyone have idea about my situation
I m dec/2011 applicant,,last month I got letter from cic ..the mention that this letter advise you that ur application transfer to vancouver innigration center for further assessment,may b vancouver will call u for interview for seek aditional information or clarification...when ur processing complete then will inform u by mail.
Today I did call cic then agen t let me know they send my application vancouver may b they have need inqury for ur case and also told this will takes 10 month.
I also did call my representive ,he said, u r married ,that,s wht may b someone complaint u about ur application that ur marriage not good .that,s why they inquiry ur case..but I already send all my supporting document with my application for my marriae...please give me advise if anyone know about this situation,,,plz

mcdebe

Star Member
Feb 7, 2011
Hi everyone!
Need help. If an open work permit holder goes on vacation, do we need an employer to be able to re-enter Canada? Or re-entry visa is good enough?
Thanks and God bless!

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
mcdebe said:
Hi everyone!
Need help. If an open work permit holder goes on vacation, do we need an employer to be able to re-enter Canada? Or re-entry visa is good enough?
Thanks and God bless!
yes, immigration officer at the airport will ask for a letter from your employer.

mcdebe

Star Member
Feb 7, 2011
Thanks riaivy1980! I tried to call immigration and they were saying TRV and valid open permit is good enough. Now im confused ???

joyparreno

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
April 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 30 2013
Med's Request
Jan 07 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 14 2014
Interview........
March 8 2014
Passport Req..
February 17 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa on hand March 28 2014
LANDED..........
March 08 2014
You don't need a letter from your employer.All you need is your reentry visa and valid working permit. I went out of Canada last year.I was out of work,and I decided to have a holiday in UK.I was so worried that I don't have a letter from my employer( and I don't have one and that time).But when I get back here in Canada,there's no problem at all,just showed my passport, reentry visa and my open work permit.

WinniePooh

Apr 8, 2012
joyparreno said:
You don't need a letter from your employer.All you need is your reentry visa and valid working permit. I went out of Canada last year.I was out of work,and I decided to have a holiday in UK.I was so worried that I don't have a letter from my employer( and I don't have one and that time).But when I get back here in Canada,there's no problem at all,just showed my passport, reentry visa and my open work permit.
The same. I was out of Canada many times. All I needed: reentry visa and valid open work permit.

mcdebe

Star Member
Feb 7, 2011
Thank you so much for all your response. Big help for me since i really wanted to go home for my daughter's birthday.

I called CIC and they said if its an open permit you dont need employer. Just re-entry and valid open permit. I'll try to call again and see if different call center agent will tell the same.

Again thanks. Hopefully everything will be okay.

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
mcdebe said:
Thank you so much for all your response. Big help for me since i really wanted to go home for my daughter's birthday.

I called CIC and they said if its an open permit you dont need employer. Just re-entry and valid open permit. I'll try to call again and see if different call center agent will tell the same.

Again thanks. Hopefully everything will be okay.
oh I see. Because last year when I came back from the Philippines, the officer ask for a letter from my employer. So, maybe it depends on the officer.

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
joyparreno said:
Hi Everyone,
Just out of curiosity, whats the maximum time i can stay out of Canada on vacation, since i don't have an employer at the time? I have valid OWP and TRV.
Thanks for your help

bitoyzz

Star Member
Sep 19, 2011
Julsen said:
Hi Everyone,
Just out of curiosity, whats the maximum time i can stay out of Canada on vacation, since i don't have an employer at the time? I have valid OWP and TRV.
Thanks for your help
You should be back before your re entry visa expires. Some officer might ask for emp cert while others dont.