+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

Russian Nanny

May 23, 2012
Sorry, girls:) Our Russian-speakinng friend who is very inconsiderate to other live-in non Russian -speaking caregivers just does not to do anything and advises everyone here not to fight and practically do nothing but wait.

"Но акции протеста из принципа "лучше что-нибудь делать,чем бездействовать", считаю бессмысленными" is translated as " I think that protest actions based on the principle IT IS BETTER TO DO SOMETHING RATHER THAN JUST WAIT lack common sense".
Winnie- you are a shame to all of us.

Cjoie28

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2010
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/05/25/pol-weston-buffalo-consul.html

Hi guys!

I just read this article now about the canadian consulate office in Buffalo closing soon. Whoever are planning to apply for reentry visas might wanna hold on to your application and read this first.

WinniePooh

Apr 8, 2012
Cjoie28 said:

Hi guys!

I just read this article now about the canadian consulate office in Buffalo closing soon. Whoever are planning to apply for reentry visas might wanna hold on to your application and read this first.
Thank you, Cjoue! I'm going apply for re-entry visa and your information is very important.

WinniePooh

Apr 8, 2012
Russian Nanny said:
Sorry, girls:) Our Russian-speakinng friend who is very inconsiderate to other live-in non Russian -speaking caregivers just does not to do anything and advises everyone here not to fight and practically do nothing but wait.

"Но акции протеста из принципа "лучше что-нибудь делать,чем бездействовать", считаю бессмысленными" is translated as " I think that protest actions based on the principle IT IS BETTER TO DO SOMETHING RATHER THAN JUST WAIT lack common sense".
Winnie- you are a shame to all of us.

Hi, guys! I'm sorry for Russians posts. You understand when emotions are too much - the easiest way is native language. I thought, my position is clear but in vain. Bz I was named "a shame to all of us", I need...no...I SHOULD say:
1.As you, I'm live-in-caregiver after 2 years working and now I'm waiting for PR. I have dependent in my country and we live apart 3 years. I'm not happy for long time waiting. Like you I don't know how long it will be.So, I'm in the same boat.
2.You know, immigration sistem in Canada is in crisis not only LIC Program: 2 years delay "Family class", return applications "Skilled worker" before 28 February 2008, increasing waiting time in all groups,cutting budget ets.
Right now, is it important, who is responsible: current goverment or previous? Yes, of course. And may be in future election will vote for another party. But for us more important is: What to do? How to break blockage, how to cut waiting time? Do you know?
The fact is - 250 000 immigrants per year,the most than before. It means, despite crisis sistem is working.
3.I'm not against petition. I'm against rule: Fight for fight. Fight should be thinkful, constructive. It's my opinion and I have right to have it even somebody does not like it.

ustian

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Cjoie28 said:

Hi guys!

Thank very much for the information, Cjoie28 !
Sorry for posts on russian!

Cjoie28

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2010
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/469927_411662335540125_1883352864_o.jpg

Anybody here in Toronto wanna voice out their concern about LCP?
Follow the link for more info. Just saw it from execunannies (my favorite nanny agency in toronto) tweet.

Cjoie28

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2010
WinniePooh said:
Thank you, Cjoue! I'm going apply for re-entry visa and your information is very important.
It is my pleasure to help fellow caregivers :)

LC.Calgary

Apr 23, 2012
Cjoie28 said:
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/469927_411662335540125_1883352864_o.jpg

Anybody here in Toronto wanna voice out their concern about LCP?
Follow the link for more info. Just saw it from execunannies (my favorite nanny agency in toronto) tweet.
I would absolutely go. But i'm in Calgary. Girls, please who can go!!! Speak and share your strories of life-long waiting...
Let's organize a meeting like that in Calgary? why not?

geca20

Nov 9, 2011
Please sign the petition...contact your priest, pastor and have as many of your fellow church goes be aware of the petition and to have them review and sign. Let your employer know, and any any one else that you have met. Have all your overseas contacts sign the petition, if you send email , have their friends sign the petition as well. Inform the world that the PC Government has treated you unfairly, especially after inviting you here with the promise of Permanent Residence, and now it appears they will not do it.

The only person I know of who cares is Jinny Jogindera Sims. She is The member of Parl. for the NPD, Newton-North Delta, and is the critic for immigration. Contact her at Jinny.Sims@parl.gc.ca and let her know of your situation. If all goes well, the NPD WILL win the next election. Although you still cannot vote, let people who can vote be aware of your unfair treatment by the PC's.

The only other response I received is from the Philippines for those caregivers that are from that country.
I emailed the "Philippines Overseas Employment Administration" to have them include in the seminar the additional information that the promised PR may not occur when coming to Canada. This will prevent future LIC to make an informed decision if married or have children to come here.
If you may want to bolster my email, send them an email also and ask them to include the information in the seminars. info@poea.gov.ph

If you don't take any action, they will make it difficult for you to stay here, and you WILL be going home

geca20

Nov 9, 2011
For LIC living in Toronto..Please attend the meeting on June 23 at the Toronto Public Library for LIC and represent all caregivers across Canada.
It occurs to me that this issue may also be a one of Gender Discrimination (Most of the caregivers may be female.) it is against Law. Also may a case of racial discrimination ( most caregivers are non-white)
By the way..how can Conrad Black a non-citizen, and white, get released from prison in the USA and come directly to Canada with the approval given by CIC with-in hours? just asking..
NPD critic for immigration will be hosting the meeting (Jinny Sims). In addition to the topics already scheduled to be discussed, be sure to bring up the Gender issue with her. Show her your appreciation.. she deserves it.
email her to thank her and send any comments or issues you may want answered. Jinny.Sims@parl.gc.ca
also sign the petition referred to in other posts.

killjoy06

Apr 24, 2012
geca20 said:
For LIC living in Toronto..Please attend the meeting on June 23 at the Toronto Public Library for LIC and represent all caregivers across Canada.
It occurs to me that this issue may also be a one of Gender Discrimination (Most of the caregivers may be female.) it is against Law. Also may a case of racial discrimination ( most caregivers are non-white)
By the way..how can Conrad Black a non-citizen, and white, get released from prison in the USA and come directly to Canada with the approval given by CIC with-in hours? just asking..
NPD critic for immigration will be hosting the meeting (Jinny Sims). In addition to the topics already scheduled to be discussed, be sure to bring up the Gender issue with her. Show her your appreciation.. she deserves it.
email her to thank her and send any comments or issues you may want answered. Jinny.Sims @ parl.gc.ca
also sign the petition referred to in other posts.
How i wish i could attend, i am from vancouver.....

Russian Nanny

May 23, 2012
TO geca20- Do not spread your own opinion that they Live-in caregivers will not likely get their PR. NOBODY has ever mentioned that. The concern is about THE TIME of procession our applications not the PR itself!!!! READ other posts, articles and all the information you can get BEFORE you write in the forum.

FairElisabeth

May 22, 2012
Hi Russian Nanny,

Sorry but you are wrong. There has been rumours for years that the Federal Governemnt will take the PR part away because they don't like
caregivers coming and bringing all their family members.

Minister Kenney put a stop to family/parent reunification for two years so FAMILIES ARE NOT IMPORTANT TO THIS CURRENT GOVERNMENT.
It is all for economic immigrants and maybe Jason Kenney doesnt think we add to the economy.

Even in the Toront Star article last week it was mentioned that the Minister is making little commens about not liking that caregivers leave caregiving after PR.........

PLEASE READ

Nannies waiting longer for open-work permits in Canada
Published On Mon May 21 2012Email

Toronto nanny Catalina Ferano, seen here picking fruit for her employer's family, is still waiting for her open work permit after applying nine months ago.
SUPPLIED PHOTO

Nicholas KeungImmigration Reporter

Catalina Ferano longed for the day she would be free to go where she wants and do whatever job she chooses in Canada.

So after the Filipina nanny fulfilled her two-year obligation as a live-in caregiver last July, she immediately applied for an open-work permit while her application for permanent residency was being processed.

Now, nine months after submitting her application, Ferano’s open permit still hasn’t arrived.

“Without it, I have to continue to work as a live-in caregiver. It’s frustrating,” said Ferano, an architect from the Philippines.

Kay Manuel, of Toronto’s Caregivers Action Centre, said the advocacy group has received a growing number of calls from nannies complaining wait times for the open permit have been creeping up — after a drop at the start of 2012 when Ottawa issued 10,000 permits to desperate caregivers.

“Some of our members called the immigration phone line and they are told to get a new (live-in) employer because CIC doesn’t know how long the open-work permit will take,” said Manuel, who submitted her own application last August and is still waiting.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada said it is not known how many open permit applications are in the queue but there is currently an inventory of 2,367 permanent resident cases through the live-in caregiver program.

“The current inventory of open-work permit applications may be less than 2,367,” department spokesperson Bill Brown said in an email. “The current processing time is 71 days.”

As a result of policy changes, Brown added, live-in caregivers are now eligible for open permits immediately after they apply for permanent residence, instead of waiting until they receive “approval in principle” — a streamlining that can save applicants 18 months.

The live-in caregiver sector has been alarmed by recent comments that Immigration Minister Jason Kenney made recently to the Economic Club of Canada, that the current situation creates “a bit of a revolving door” with nannies being allowed to leave their jobs after two years. Critics worry the government is poised to do away with the option of allowing them to become permanent residents.
Manuela Gruber Hersch, of the Association of Caregiver & Nanny Agencies Canada, said there is a significant caregiver and nanny shortage across the country.

“It is difficult for caregivers to plan their lives without any consistency when to expect their open-work permits,” she said. “It is challenging for families to co-ordinate their childcare needs without any predictability when their caregiver may depart. This makes it extremely difficult and stressful.”

Ana Maria Sanchez applied for her open permit and permanent residency in May 2010. She got her permit in December, but her permanent residence still hasn’t come through.

She came to Canada in 2008 under the caregiver program after spending six years in Hong Kong as a nanny.

“I left my son when he was just 12 months old. He is now already 11,” said Sanchez, a midwife from the Philippines. “I just want to be with my son and my husband.”

san_82

Jan 28, 2012
Hi Job_seeker,

i m live in caregiver.i applied for PR Dec/2011 and got owp on march/2012....i want to know.....my employer has his own transport company,,,,he wants ,i work with him in his company....is it possible to work with same employer ,,,,,,,,,and stay at his home ....is immigration ask me why u work with same employer instead of anywhere else, u have open wp...plz help me...i have to change my status and inform CRA

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
san_82 said:
Hi Job_seeker,

i m live in caregiver.i applied for PR Dec/2011 and got owp on march/2012....i want to know.....my employer has his own transport company,,,,he wants ,i work with him in his company....is it possible to work with same employer ,,,,,,,,,and stay at his home ....is immigration ask me why u work with same employer instead of anywhere else, u have open wp...plz help me...i have to change my status and inform CRA
YES you are allowed to work to any job, any employer or even the same employer. Just make it sure that you are paying taxes and that your employer deducting it from your salary and they will be remitting to the government.