+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

mcdebe

Star Member
Feb 7, 2011
outlook2011 said:
Hi, I got my OWP last Dec. too, and I got a letter from Vegreville that they will contact my family after 3 mos from the day that I received this letter. It means, sometime on March my family will receive an application forms.(LC2 kit). Hoping.
thanks for replying outlook2011! i haven't receive any letter so i guess it would be best to call.

a few more question, for open permits who goes on vacation, what are the documents that you present in the immigration when you went back?
i'm still working with the same employer since i got here in canada.
thanks so much and appreciated your help!:D

outlook2011

Star Member
Sep 23, 2011
mcdebe said:
thanks for replying outlook2011! i haven't receive any letter so i guess it would be best to call.

a few more question, for open permits who goes on vacation, what are the documents that you present in the immigration when you went back?
i'm still working with the same employer since i got here in canada.
thanks so much and appreciated your help!:D
The immigration officer just ask me the reason of entering canada, ask for my work permit and ask if who is my employer. Not all officers have the same question as mine so better prepare your letter from your employer that you are still employed with them and your work permit. And a valid TRV. I hope our family back home will receive LC2 kit soon. Let's hope and pray.

honeyvee13

Jul 1, 2011
Hello..I just want to know what are the requirements for trv if you already have the open work permit?do you still need a letter of employer?what if you have 2 jobs and not a caregiver anymore?thank you

san_82

Jan 28, 2012
job_seeker said:
Sorry did not quite understand what you're saying. What country are you from? Maybe start a thread different from this so other members who know more about these things can help out.
i m caregiver ,applied for Open Wp and Pr on dec-2011.if i apply for Open wp for Husband ,it will good for me or not,if he got refusal it will effect @ PR pROCESSING

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If you have money to spare then apply for OWP for your husband but he is not eligible to apply for OWP so he's sure to get a refusal. It won't affect your PR/OWP application.

san_82 said:
i m caregiver ,applied for Open Wp and Pr on dec-2011.if i apply for Open wp for Husband ,it will good for me or not,if he got refusal it will effect @ PR pROCESSING

Panda28

May 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! Do you know how much Do we need to pay for the OWP? I applied for my husband, my son and me.

Thanks!

Aman82

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Hi madpotato,
There is no any news for OPEN WP,I think they didn't open our files,soooo sad.you call cic or not.

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let's all hope cic wont issue owp only on december, to all applicants who pass just now have lots of patience you may get lucky to have your owp soon but we been there before 17 to 18 mos
we wait

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
Shelleonn said:
Let's all hope cic wont issue owp only on december, to all applicants who pass just now have lots of patience you may get lucky to have your owp soon but we been there before 17 to 18 we wait
I have drop my phone after reading this. I just submit my papers January, this year and now I don't know what to do. To be unemployed and wait for my OWP or look for another employer and be stuck to be a live in caregiver, all over again.... :(

madpotato

Nov 24, 2011
riaivy1980 said:
I have drop my phone after reading this. I just submit my papers January, this year and now I don't know what to do. To be unemployed and wait for my OWP or look for another employer and be stuck to be a live in caregiver, all over again.... :(
What you were told from the phone call?if OWP still not certain,it s better to find a job

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
darookie said:
Cheer up! let's wait till March.. just enjoy staying home and spending time with your bf for now.. ;)
3 weeks ago, I said I am unemployed and loving it... Ok! I'll enjoy this unemployment thing... ;D