Canada, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Aug 2010
I checked just on Dec 24- or 25th - Processing time for AIP was 18 month, and today - 18-19 month
18-19 months (working on applications received up to June 4, 2010)
If we will just sit in few days it will be 20 !!! month
Please, Strikenannies help us with petition (for PR).

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
Guys!!! We need to get our strength together again...I always thought that this all OWP for everybody was a trick. I'm happy but very skeptical about it. It's going to cost us a higher price for sure.

Too good to be true....and it really worked for them...everybody here stopped to post things...I'm still trying to achieve 1000 signatures in my petition, it's not easy...Maybe if we get 1000 signatures in my petition and take to Don Davie or someone else even for a journalist, I believe that it will help us to achieve our goal that it's a faster PR for EVERYBODY. Faster 1st stage is a step already...

Let's do one thing each time, let's finish this petition and than we can start another one....If we stop with this one right now I believe that we will loose our credit...they will think "hmmmm those caregivers do not know what they want....

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
LCPcaregiver said:
HAPPY FOR EVERYBODY TO RECEIVE OPEN WORK PERMITS.
But I agree that our fight is not over yet ...PR is gonna take a while I just know it !
Also heard it from a friends' friend who is immigration lawyer that CIC is processing PR for
livei n caregiver very SLOW so that means long wait for PR which is not fair at all
We should do another petition to have fast PR cause that was promised to us by government.

Read this editorial, Minister Kenney's vendetta against families?
Hmm , family complaining that caregiver quit when receiving open work permit ?!

http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/news/editorial/2011/12/31/2504.html

The funny thing is: This person talks about nannies as we were a kind of slave..." Oh, my slave received her freedom letter and now I'm too busy to look for someone else to look after MY kids, by the way, are three little ENERGETIC boys, meaning any nanny will get crazy...anyway...Nannies are there you just have to pay the price to hire one...8 dollars per hour it will make a little harder for sure...

bakerfrench

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LCPcaregiver said:
Read this editorial, Minister Kenney's vendetta against families?
Hmm , family complaining that caregiver quit when receiving open work permit ?!

http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/news/editorial/2011/12/31/2504.html
Canadian families are complaining about their slaves' freedom. Those people should know we live-in caregivers are also taxpayers and contribute to Canada's society, we work hard and only get the minimum pay. They should at least pay some respect to us and don't treat us as slaves any more.

LCPcaregiver

Star Member
Jun 16, 2011
There is for sure something fishy about all the open work permits.
The same immigration lawyer told me that the PR will take MUCH MUCH LONGER now and that means being apart from
our families so the open work permit may work against us after all.

And I also still think that CIC wants to get rid of LCP and they will do whatever it takes to go that route.

LET'S UNITE TOGETHER AND DEMAND FASTER PR OR INSTANT PR WHEN WE ARRIVE.

Kalinka

Jul 17, 2011
Canada, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Aug 2010
Yes, you are right Strikenannies. We have to complete our petition 1, and all of us have to ask nannies or family members to sign this petition. Don't waste time guys please. Let do it together
We did it almost, now 562 !!!! sign and we have take another 50%
Please guys, don't STOP
http://www.change.org/petitions/live-in-caregiver-program-in-canada-faster-1st-stage-of-approval-after-apply-for-pr-under-the-lcp-in-canada
If every of us will found 10 person (nannies or family members and etc), it will be done in 2-3 days.

Kalinka

Jul 17, 2011
Canada, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Aug 2010
Please guys, don't STOP
[size=10pt]http://www.change.org/petitions/live-in-caregiver-program-in-canada-faster-1st-stage-of-approval-after-apply-for-pr-under-the-lcp-in-canada[/size]
If every of us will found 10 person (nannies or family members and etc), it will be done in 2-3 days.

relaxgurl

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 05,2013
AOR Received.
Jun. 2013 (A.i.p Rec.) May21 2014
Happy New year all...Let no 1 stael your joy. I just read article on the employer complaining. dont they know if they treated us good we would stay even when we receive open permit. the poor nanny was tired..The wife is a nurse she could be out all night and he operates a business, so the nanny was just stuck without a life..Thank God for freedom, she paid her dues...HURAY!! :) :)People like that are going to fight us.

Birdy

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
relaxgurl said:
Happy New year all...Let no 1 stael your joy. I just read article on the employer complaining. dont they know if they treated us good we would stay even when we receive open permit. the poor nanny was tired..The wife is a nurse she could be out all night and he operates a business, so the nanny was just stuck without a life..Thank God for freedom, she paid her dues...HURAY!! :) :)People like that are going to fight us.
I will send my application this February do you think I will get open work permit right away like everybody else? Since they have changed?? I am so nervous :( I have read that article oh my gosh I stuck with this family for 2 years because I didn't want to get a new family and start again and again. I have to work over time they never paid me of course until 12 am. 1 am. sometime on weekend whole day I have to clean the pool and garage I have enough :( I wish I got open work permit right away and have freedom and life back :(
Thank you please cheer me up. God bless you all.

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Birdy said:
I will send my application this February do you think I will get open work permit right away like everybody else? Since they have changed?? I am so nervous :( I have read that article oh my gosh I stuck with this family for 2 years because I didn't want to get a new family and start again and again. I have to work over time they never paid me of course until 12 am. 1 am. sometime on weekend whole day I have to clean the pool and garage I have enough :( I wish I got open work permit right away and have freedom and life back :(
@birdie good luck to you,as long as you complete your 24 mos or 3900 hours you will be fine i heard after you pass it you will wait a month or 2 to asses it if your qualified they will issue your owp soon make sure you complete it so there will no delays on your application

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys happy new year whats new with all of us? Any may 2010 applicant who got lc2 kit already?trisha,berry11,depressgirl? Me still waiting for lc2 kit its been a month since i got owp and first stage approval hope to got it this month then pass asap

Birdy

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Shelleonn said:
@ birdie good luck to you,as long as you complete your 24 mos or 3900 hours you will be fine i heard after you pass it you will wait a month or 2 to asses it if your qualified they will issue your owp soon make sure you complete it so there will no delays on your application
Thank you very much Shelleonn you really did cheer me up ! my hope is alive again. :)

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
Birdy said:
you are not alone. I will pass my application this month, I'm just waiting for my police clearance back home and it's ready. I'm also hoping that I'll be lucky too, wishing that as soon as I pass my application,they'll grant my OWP. Wish to be out of my employer's house soon. It's just so hard living in someone elses house. So, just keep on praying and everything will be Okey in God's time. :D

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Ever thought of talking to your employer and asking for what is due you? The reason there are employers who take advantage of live in caregivers is because the caregivers allowed themselves to be taken advantage of. Remember that if a live in caregiver left the employment of one family, s/he doesn't start counting from 0. The number of months is still 24 months and months of service adds up. Sure the counting stops till you find a new employer and get a new LMO/WP but if you play your cards right you don't stop working and months worked continues adding up.

Birdy said: