+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

trisha

Star Member
Oct 15, 2011
Shelleonn: no LC2 kit until now:( i wonder when my husband will get it..i just hope that they will process our pr fast but i doubt it

Kalinka

Jul 17, 2011
Canada, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Aug 2010
Now we have 568 signs (562 was at morning)
We are here at least 200 members, and if we will be so passive - then we will wait for PR another 2 years
Guys, let continue sign petition please
http://www.change.org/petitions/live-in-caregiver-program-in-canada-faster-1st-stage-of-approval-after-apply-for-pr-under-the-lcp-in-canada
Don't just be reader posts here, please, let do something

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trisha said:
Shelleonn: no LC2 kit until now:( i wonder when my husband will get it..i just hope that they will process our pr fast but i doubt it
Did you ask the cic agent if they already transfer your file to visa office in manila?they told me they sent the file of my dependants last december and when i call the hotline last dec 25 i heard "we are currently assesing your application we anticipate being able to provide you with a response by dec 19 2011" boyzone said that if we heard it,it means lc2 kit have been requested,but it depends on canadian embassy if they will send it fast,on the first stage approval letter it said allow three mos after the date we recieve letter the visa office will send application kit and return it to them Cheer up i know they will get it soon 1 month down two to go

trisha

Star Member
Oct 15, 2011
@shelleon:i will call cic tomorrow..what ia the hotline number that you are sayinh?is that the one in manila? By the way im goinh home this feb i dint have employer im not sure if i will be given a trv..have any idea bout it??

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trisha said:
@ shelleon:i will call cic tomorrow..what ia the hotline number that you are sayinh?is that the one in manila? By the way im goinh home this feb i dint have employer im not sure if i will be given a trv..have any idea bout it??
Its not in manila its the cic hotline then press 121 for permanent resident application then client id and birth year try it and see if you got a new message, im not sure if its safe to go back home if you dont have employer,even though you have owp,one of the requirements of getting trv in manila is letter of employment valid work permit valid passport with 6mos left before expiration,i always get trv in manila when i went home twice it takes them 10 days to deliver just make sure to pass it to them after you arrive so you wont worry anymore and just enjoy your vacation

Birdy

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
riaivy1980 said:
you are not alone. I will pass my application this month, I'm just waiting for my police clearance back home and it's ready. I'm also hoping that I'll be lucky too, wishing that as soon as I pass my application,they'll grant my OWP. Wish to be out of my employer's house soon. It's just so hard living in someone elses house. So, just keep on praying and everything will be Okey in God's time. :D

I hope so too please god help us.

Birdy

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
job_seeker said:
Ever thought of talking to your employer and asking for what is due you? The reason there are employers who take advantage of live in caregivers is because the caregivers allowed themselves to be taken advantage of. Remember that if a live in caregiver left the employment of one family, s/he doesn't start counting from 0. The number of months is still 24 months and months of service adds up. Sure the counting stops till you find a new employer and get a new LMO/WP but if you play your cards right you don't stop working and months worked continues adding up.
I quit one time already that one was worst she used her fingertip wipe the dust from frame to show me and walked in my room stole the record that I wrote I worked from 6 am to 9 pm I didn't think she would do that.
I was. We here and I change family I know I didn't count from 0 but waiting time for new work permit that is not good .... But yea I finally almost 24 months .

Birdy

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Birdy said:
Thank you very much Shelleonn you really did cheer me up ! my hope is alive again. :)

CAn you please help me answer my questions?? Really appreciate it.
- I don't have pay stubs from them they never gave me it's for
Earning statements right? What should I do?
- can you please help me count my 24 months? I have on Roe
With the first employer dec 7 2009 to feb 5 2010 and I got my new
Work permit with this employer on April 15,2010 so my complete
24 months that I can send my application is end of Feb 2012 ???thank you

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
"Guesstimate"

Dec 7, 2009 Dec 31, 2009, Jan 1-Jan 7 2010 1 month
Jan 7- Feb 5, 2010 1 month (less 2 days)
April 15, 2010 to April 15, 2011 is 12 months
April 15, 2011 to February 15, 2012 is 10 months

So you would have had a little more than 24 months. You're okay to send in your PR/OWP app by the end of Feb 2012.

Edited: (Sorry didn't see that there was an ROE with the first employer)

Birdy said:
Work permit with this employer on April 15,2010
so my complete

Kalinka

Jul 17, 2011
Canada, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Aug 2010
You could send your application on Feb 15th 2012. It will be 24 full time employment

Kalinka

Jul 17, 2011
Canada, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Aug 2010
Birdy said:
You could send your application on Feb 15th 2012. It will be 24 full time employment

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Birdy said:
Call canada revenue agency ask for your t4 its your proof that your employer is paying your taxes and it will also show your total earnings that year i think payroll calculation is important too so cic will see if your employer makes the right deductions on your taxes cpp ei, you can send your application around feb 15 and up coz you got 2 mos from your 1st employer dec 7,2009 to feb 5, 2010 then from april 15 2010 to feb 15 2012 its 22 mos just make sure your employer is paying your salary and taxes coz its the main proof that you really work as a live in caregiver and also having timesheets will come in handy

Kalinka

Jul 17, 2011
Canada, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Aug 2010
If even she didn't pay taxes, you have to sent ROE (it is proof of your full time of employment, ROE shows your worked hours and your salary)
To pay taxes it is your employer responsibility and if she didn't paid she will have a big trouble.
So just sent ROE from her, and if you have T4, send T4 too.
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/lcpdir/lcpone.shtml
You the employer must also:
Keep records of the number of regular and overtime hours the live-in caregiver has worked for you on a weekly/monthly basis. The caregiver will need this information for their application for permanent residence.
Review and adjust the foreign caregiver's wages to ensure they meet or exceed HRSDC's requirements (as per HRSDC's Wages table).

God bless, I had a good employer and didn't have any problem with my paper.

Birdy

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Kalinka said:

Thank you thank you very much I have t4 s all of them roe and printout option c just want to have statement earning too so my paper will be perfect I heard my friend didn't send pay stun coz her employer didn't give her either but she sent personal income something like that she made it she sent last nov and she got open work permit in December maybe I'll try to ask her, oh I went to visit home for 10 days is it will be ok?
Thank you thank you for your help angels really appreciate it thank god I found this website!! I sign that
Nanny strike already ! Too

Birdy

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Thank you thank you very much everybody , I am so happy to found thus website!! Thank you thank you you guys are like angels !! Thank you