Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2010
PARANOID said:
oh my i'm reeeeally confused now. i don't know if the POEA does make exceptions or 21 is the age they allow Filipinos to work outside the country, or 20 - not 23.. or is it really 23.. they told me a 22 year old friend of my classmates haven't been approved yet coz of her age. idk if it's because of her age, but they suspect that was the reason. I can't do morning classes for school and evening classes for caregiver program coz I've morning to late afternoon classes. But does it matter to the embassy/POEA if i'm undergrad? I hope not..

Help me guys :( Have you had similar case/s regarding this age matter or do u know someone with the same age/age range who has successfully gotten his/her visa..
Hi!

You should search online at poea website and cic manila. You might find the answer or find it under related topic in the forum. Just to give you an idea I left Philippines when I was 21 to work as a DH in Seoul Korea.

Berry11

Star Member
Oct 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2010
@katrin:

I sent my application last may 7, 2010
Cic received it on may 10, 2010...

trisha

Star Member
Oct 15, 2011
anybody here receive owp with dependant? im starting to be impatient..i really want to go home and spend christmas with my family..im losing hope.....i submitted my application may 2010 its been 17 months ..cic are slowly torturing us...after our hard work this is all weve got..its so sad

PARANOID

Aug 2, 2011
Cjoie28 said:
Hi!

You should search online at poea website and cic manila. You might find the answer or find it under related topic in the forum. Just to give you an idea I left Philippines when I was 21 to work as a DH in Seoul Korea.
and in what year did you work as a DH in Seoul?

Thanks guys.. I have been googling it and even read every topic/ link @ POEA's website but I only saw the age LIMIT.
I have received not a single reply to my emails, so i went to this forum. I'll open a new forum.. but please still do share similar insights/experiences :)

aenil

Oct 15, 2011
hi poknat i just recvd a letter from cic and they said
This is to advise you that your application has been transferred to the Canadian Immigration Centre SCARBOROUGH for further assessment.The CIC may contact you for an interview or to seek additional info or clarification.Once processing is complete,that office will notify you by mail of their decision.

I'm just confused and worried i don't know if it is a problem or not.Do you have any letter desame like mine? ???

hardwokerAngel

May 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PARANOID said:
oh my i'm reeeeally confused now. i don't know if the POEA does make exceptions or 21 is the age they allow Filipinos to work outside the country, or 20 - not 23.. or is it really 23.. they told me a 22 year old friend of my classmates haven't been approved yet coz of her age. idk if it's because of her age, but they suspect that was the reason. I can't do morning classes for school and evening classes for caregiver program coz I've morning to late afternoon classes. But does it matter to the embassy/POEA if i'm undergrad? I hope not..

Help me guys :( Have you had similar case/s regarding this age matter or do u know someone with the same age/age range who has successfully gotten his/her visa..
last 2007 of October when I do my PDOS it says there you must 23 yrs. of age before you left the Philippines.. But when I started working abroad I was only 20 yrs. & 6 mos. but after a yrs. and after lots of our Kababayans who work in U.A.E. was been encountered maltreated POEA change the age, coz they found that most victima are not even 18 yrs. for real, they just fraud their age, just to get out and get a job outside the country. And to clear your thought my sisters could not get out the country for work either as they are only 21-22 yrs. old. take your time and prepare your self coz once you are here its not gonna be easy. Hope it helps you!!:)

Cjoie28

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2010
PARANOID said:
and in what year did you work as a DH in Seoul?

Thanks guys.. I have been googling it and even read every topic/ link @ POEA's website but I only saw the age LIMIT.
I have received not a single reply to my emails, so i went to this forum. I'll open a new forum.. but please still do share similar insights/experiences :)
2006. That was 5 years ago. Then I came here in Canada the following year when I was 22. I dont think it would matter as long as you are over 18 and have all the requirements and qualification under LiCP (i.e. At least 72 units in University, job offer letter, LMO, etc)

I'm not sure though. Phil govt change its system everytime as we all know.

Anyhow, whats up guys? Anybody got their owp/pr today?

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
GIrls!!

I believe that processing time is not going to change soon...but we could fight for a OWP as a caregiver for this program...You can work as a caregiver for any employer...

Cjoie28

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2010
hardwokerAngel said:
last 2007 of October when I do my PDOS it says there you must 23 yrs. of age before you left the Philippines.. But when I started working abroad I was only 20 yrs. & 6 mos. but after a yrs. and after lots of our Kababayans who work in U.A.E. was been encountered maltreated POEA change the age, coz they found that most victima are not even 18 yrs. for real, they just fraud their age, just to get out and get a job outside the country. And to clear your thought my sisters could not get out the country for work either as they are only 21-22 yrs. old. take your time and prepare your self coz once you are here its not gonna be easy. Hope it helps you!!:)
@paranoid hardwokerangel is right. The required age is at least 23 yrs old. I saw it on POEA website.
I advise you to check on POEA site to get more information. I cant paste the link but try searching "poea hsw age requirement" it will come up.
Hope it helps. Now let's go back to our WAIIIIITTTTTTTIIIINNNNNNGGGGG timeline topic guys.

Berry11

Star Member
Oct 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2010
trisha said:
anybody here receive owp with dependant? im starting to be impatient..i really want to go home and spend christmas with my family..im losing hope.....i submitted my application may 2010 its been 17 months ..cic are slowly torturing us...after our hard work this is all weve got..its so sad

We have the same situation... I'm single with dependant... Too bad we're not prioritized just because we have dependants... Mine is the same timeline as yours...

tayme

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Berry11 said:
@ katrin:

I sent my application last may 7, 2010
Cic received it on may 10, 2010...
When was the date your application process?...were on the same date bracket but still no good news from mine. im single with no dependant.

tayme

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
len30 said:
Hi everyone....I got my interview date for PR and it will be on nov 16. I got my OWP and letter regarding PR status this oct. 4, 2011...I sent my application June 16, 2010... I'm single,,, from Alberta.. Originally from phils.. Goodluck to all of us.. :)

Congratulations len30 ;D ;D ;D..... Hoping we will receive our OPW/PR soon too....

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
tayme said:
Congratulations len30 ;D ;D ;D..... Hoping we will receive our OPW/PR soon too....
Did u called cic about your application?your suppose to have your owp.they are on July 28 applicants for the single applicants.

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
My application today is 18 months.I'll call CIC later what they will say.

daneegirl78

Oct 12, 2011
trisha said:
I have a dependent too.submitted my application on april 2010 and has been anxiously waiting for 18 long months now!I could agree more it is indeed a torture and like u I really wanted to go home and be with my family! Anybody knows if there is any problem if u just wait for ur OP in the phil?