Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Aug 2010
Yes. It is Canela, from forum
Hello everyone!!
I just got the letter from CIC and did check my ECAS and shows:
We received your application for permanent residence on June 28, 2010.

We started processing your application on September 8, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on March 11, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on January 23, 2012

Right now i´m back home, coz I came to visit my daughter, also I did aplied for her student visa few days ag and they asked for medical check whichwe did as well.... i don´t know if those medical results count as the medical check that they request for the permanent resident.... now im happy and confuse.... don´t know what to think......

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
Birdy said:
Hi how did you quit your employer and being unemployed? It's implied status right? What do I have to do? I don't care anymore I'm going to quit after i send my application and take a break until I get Opw .
Thank you :)
It's actually a mutual decision. I've asked my requirements from them 2 weeks before submitting my OWP/PR andhe just gave me everything I needed. And after they keep on asking how long will I get my OWP. I just said, soon! So, 2 weeks after submitting, me and my employer talked And we've decided to separate. Lol! I'm with a couple in their 50's, the lady had cancer and been doing good for a long time that imwith them and back working. so, I end up a dog and a house sitter which really bores me. Oh! One thing! Wait for youremployer to let u go, so that u can claim an EI.

madpotato

Nov 24, 2011
riaivy1980 said:
It's actually a mutual decision. I've asked my requirements from them 2 weeks before submitting my OWP/PR andhe just gave me everything I needed. And after they keep on asking how long will I get my OWP. I just said, soon! So, 2 weeks after submitting, me and my employer talked And we've decided to separate. Lol! I'm with a couple in their 50's, the lady had cancer and been doing good for a long time that imwith them and back working. so, I end up a dog and a house sitter which really bores me. Oh! One thing! Wait for youremployer to let u go, so that u can claim an EI.
Hope soon!

mcdebe

Star Member
Feb 7, 2011
hi! anybody here who renew their open permit? how long does it take if you have new employer?
thanks! sending good vibes to everyone ;)

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check cic website they change processing times back to 17-18 mos i knew it was an error in their part and someone call yesterday and they verify its true? Talk about breaking someone's heart

riaivy1980

Jun 2, 2010
Shelleonn said:
Check cic website they change processing times back to 17-18 mos i knew it was an error in their part and someone call yesterday and they verify its true? Talk about breaking someone's heart
yeah, think it was Kalinka who called Cic and verify. Oh well! Just smile! ;D

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
madpotato said:
Our hearts are much more stronger now
That's good and have lots and lots of patience you might get your owp sooner or later depends on cic, just a tip dont compare application with other lics coz processing is different in each applicant like cic said case to case basis if you compare and it wont happen to you,you will just be frustrated good luck

madpotato

Nov 24, 2011
Shelleonn said:
That's good and have lots and lots of patience you might get your owp sooner or later depends on cic, just a tip dont compare application with other lics coz processing is different in each applicant like cic said case to case basis if you compare and it wont happen to you,you will just be frustrated good luck
Absolutely right you are,just enjoy our day.I ve decided to be happy.thank you SHelleonn!

Birdy

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
madpotato said:
Be optimistic,I am sure they are doing their job,aa long as they release that news,they will put value on their words.also,there is no exact link which says we get OWP in 8 months,or we can talk to a agent to confirm
I will try !!! :(

Birdy

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
riaivy1980 said:
I am going to try ( to quit ) lol I'm taking care of the kids tho .

Birdy

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Shelleonn said:
This MSG. Actually calm me down ... :)

Feb 11, 2012
Dear Members,

Please see below for an invitation to participate in a research study.

Title: The Migration of Internationally Educated Nurses from the Philippines to Ontario through the Live-in Caregiver Program: A Case Study

Dear Potential Participant,

I am writing to invite you to participate in a research study to explore the experiences of internationally educated nurses who came (or are planning to come) to Ontario through the Live-in Caregiver Program. The study is being conducted by Bukola Salami, a doctoral candidate at the Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto, under the supervision of Dr. Sioban Nelson.

Research on internationally educated nurses in Ontario has found that nurses who come to Ontario through the Live-in Caregiver Program face significant barriers to becoming registered to practice. This research study seeks to know the experiences of nurses who come to Ontario through the Live-in Caregiver Program. The findings from this research study will help inform policy on the integration of internationally educated nurses in Ontario. To be eligible for this study, you must:
• Be an Internationally Educated Nurse.
• Have completed a minimum of 2 years nursing education in the Philippines.
• Have migrated or planning to migrate to Canada through the Live-in Caregiver Program.
• Either be currently living in Ontario or have lived in Ontario in the past. (This criterion does not apply to individuals who have not yet arrived in Canada.).
• Speak and understand English Language

Participation in this study will involve attending an interview session at a time and place that is good for you. The interview will take approximately 1.5 hours and will be audiotaped (i.e. recorded). During the interview, you may be asked to discuss your immigration experience, your experience while in the Live-in Caregiver Program, your experience with the nursing registration process and your views on the responsibilities of policy makers, recruiters, employers and support groups, towards nurses who come to Canada to work as live-in caregivers. You will also be asked to complete a demographical profile form. The form includes information on your age, gender, nursing education, nursing experience, immigration status, and nursing registration status. You will receive a $20 gift card as a token of appreciation for your time. The information you provide during the study will be kept confidential.

If you are interested in participating or hearing about this study, please contact Bukola Salami at 416 416-978-1578 or bukola.kolawole@utoronto.ca. You are under no obligation to participate in this study. However, your participation will be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you
Oluwabukola (Bukola) Salami, RN, BScN, MN Dr. Sioban Nelson
PhD Candidate Professor and Dean
Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing
University of Toronto University of Toronto
155 College Street, Suite 130 155 College Street, Suite 130
Toronto, Ontario Toronto, Ontario