+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

canela

Jun 24, 2010
laranel said:
PR results another 15 months after receipt of OWP? i thought its 15 months processing from the date of application filing... this is so frustrating :( 11 months for OWP and then another 15 months for the PR, so total is 26 months to get our PR? 2 years processing now for PR? so its going to be roughly 5 years before our love ones can live with us... awwww when i was processing my papers before this isn't the system...
Hello! no, is not 15 months after the OWP, u have to add the time of the 1st stage to te second one... lets say you sent your file, then 12 months later you got the owp, you have to wait for 3 months more to get ur PR (12months +3months= 15 months) ... well, that is theoretical, based on the immigration web site infomation ....

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Canela, My computation of PR application is also the same as Laranel. I thought the total is 26 months. Thanks.

So when will they start sending kits to my dependents? Do they send it during the processing of OWP or after I receive my OWP?

canela

Jun 24, 2010
plussy said:
HI Canela, My computation of PR application is also the same as Laranel. I thought the total is 26 months. Thanks.

So when will they start sending kits to my dependents? Do they send it during the processing of OWP or after I receive my OWP?
This exactly the paragraph that may clarify your doub, I took it of the web site:

" There are two steps in processing the following applications. In order to know the total approximate time it may take for your application to be processed, ADD the time for step 1 to the time for step 2 (the 2 steps are consecutive)."

About the kits i'm not really sure but i believe they start sending them after OWP.

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
canela said:
This exactly the paragraph that may clarify your doub, I took it of the web site:

" There are two steps in processing the following applications. In order to know the total approximate time it may take for your application to be processed, ADD the time for step 1 to the time for step 2 (the 2 steps are consecutive)."

About the kits i'm not really sure but i believe they start sending them after OWP.
i think they will start sending the kits to the Philippines before the OWP.The canadian immigration sent the kit to my husband a month ago.but it was late because my husband is now in saudi.i informed them already about the change of address but they were late.they already submitted my application to the philippines before they open my letter of notification about the new address of my husband.But now they have to transfer my husband application to saudi arabia.

canela

Jun 24, 2010
sweetchad said:
i think they will start sending the kits to the Philippines before the OWP.The canadian immigration sent the kit to my husband a month ago.but it was late because my husband is now in saudi.i informed them already about the change of address but they were late.they already submitted my application to the philippines before they open my letter of notification about the new address of my husband.But now they have to transfer my husband application to saudi arabia.
Hi sweetchad, so they send the kit to ur husband and u're still waiting for ur OWP?? Have u phone to the CIC line to ask about ur OWP? probably they generate it allready and is on the way (mail)... If u don't mind me to ask u, when did you apply???

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
canela said:
Hi sweetchad, so they send the kit to ur husband and u're still waiting for ur OWP?? Have u phone to the CIC line to ask about ur OWP? probably they generate it allready and is on the way (mail)... If u don't mind me to ask u, when did you apply???
hi!I sent my application last april 15, 2010 and they receive it on april 19, 2010.they started processing my papers last june 30, 2010. Yah they did send the kit to my husband but my husband didnt receive it because he is now working in saudi arabia.The canadian immigration in the phils. sent me a copy of the letter attach to the kit of my husband.As of now im still waiting for my OWP.i'm getting tired of calling them coz everytime i call them they will not ask me for my Client id number.They will just ask me if when did i submitt my application and they will answer me they are just processing the application untill march 21, 2010.in which make me sick of calling them.sometimes i get frustrated waiting for this OWP.as they said we have nothing to do but to be patient.

canela

Jun 24, 2010
sweetchad said:
hi!I sent my application last april 15, 2010 and they receive it on april 19, 2010.they started processing my papers last june 30, 2010. Yah they did send the kit to my husband but my husband didnt receive it because he is now working in saudi arabia.The canadian immigration in the phils. sent me a copy of the letter attach to the kit of my husband.As of now im still waiting for my OWP.i'm getting tired of calling them coz everytime i call them they will not ask me for my Client id number.They will just ask me if when did i submitt my application and they will answer me they are just processing the application untill march 21, 2010.in which make me sick of calling them.sometimes i get frustrated waiting for this OWP.as they said we have nothing to do but to be patient.
hummm that's maddening, I understand you but don't give up; I suggest you to phone and just say: "I can't check my application status on internet because i'm without computer, can you kindly check it for my please... my ID clien number is .... " go straight.... is just an idea.... no worries, you are almost there!!!

Good luck and God bless you

kishia

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2010
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Med's Request
Aug 29, 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 18, 2012
Interview........
Dec 19, 2012 @ CIC Vancouver
Passport Req..
Nov 27, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 07, 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 19, 2012 @ CIC Vancouver
plussy said:

@plussy:

Hello! You're right! it's 26 months since you send your application. 11-12 months for the 1st stage ( APPROVAL IN PRINCIPLE ) then once you received your OWP that's the start of the 2nd stage which is 15 months. That's why it's called CONSECUTIVE.
By the way, when did you send your application? They will send the LC2 KIT first to your dependents before you can have your OWP.
Good luck! ;)

AgiHun

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
kishia said:
@ plussy:

Hello! You're right! it's 26 months since you send your application. 11-12 months for the 1st stage ( APPROVAL IN PRINCIPLE ) then once you received your OWP that's the start of the 2nd stage which is 15 months. That's why it's called CONSECUTIVE.
By the way, when did you send your application? They will send the LC2 KIT first to your dependents before you can have your OWP.
Good luck! ;)

Guys! Consecutive means they START IN THE SAME TIME! 11-12 months for OWP and an other 3 months for PR. :)

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kishia,

I still have two months on the program. Will send it this June. Am now preparing my documents.

Have one question though. In Manila, do they use the Post Office in sending kits or a private courier? I am not satisfied with the Post Office in my dependent's province. Mails/packages always arrive late or sometimes never arrive at all.

I am planning now to write down the address of a relative in Manila as 'Mailing Address' and this will be sent to the province through a private courier (JRS or LBC) which is much more trusted.

Can I do that on part C of IMM 5002?

destiny14

Feb 16, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Add the time for step 1 to the time for step 2 ( the steps are consecutive ). So 11-12 months ( 1st stage ) added to step 2 which is 15 months the approximate time would be 26 or 27 months to have our PR...

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
plussy said:
Hi Kishia,

I still have two months on the program. Will send it this June. Am now preparing my documents.

Have one question though. In Manila, do they use the Post Office in sending kits or a private courier? I am not satisfied with the Post Office in my dependent's province. Mails/packages always arrive late or sometimes never arrive at all.

I am planning now to write down the address of a relative in Manila as 'Mailing Address' and this will be sent to the province through a private courier (JRS or LBC) which is much more trusted.

Can I do that on part C of IMM 5002?
they're sending it thru post office.

canela

Jun 24, 2010
OMG now I am really confused.... Was my understanding that to get the PR takes around 1 year after applying that's why I understood the total of the all process to get the PR was the 15 months.... I'm in SHOCK... I can't wait 26 months, my mom is who is looking after my daugther and she is really sick now and I guess she can't look after her more than 6 months and I have no one else to look after her, plus the fact of have been away from my daughter ... is to much, honestly right now im just crying i can't wait that long.... 26 months??? come on.... is there any possibility to bring my daugther before as a turist or something like that??? please who has this information clear ... I need help!!!! :'(

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
destiny14 said:
Add the time for step 1 to the time for step 2 ( the steps are consecutive ). So 11-12 months ( 1st stage ) added to step 2 which is 15 months the approximate time would be 26 or 27 months to have our PR...

maybe thats the maximum allowance given to us for PR.I have a friend, she submitted here papers on november 27, 2009 and she got her OWP on April 15 2010 and she got her PR january 10, 2011.

if i will base to her application, it took only 14 mos for her application.she is married and has 2 kids.