+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Linking PR Card Application to track PR Card after Landing (Flagpole/Landing Interview) is complete

techie12

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Hi. We landed on March 11, me and my children. Per CIC account, my pr card was approved last July 20. But my children's pr card is still in process. What does that mean? Shouldn't we be approved at the same time? And up to date, I still have not received my pr card. How can I find out if they already sent my pr card?
When you click on your application link there will be a message that "Your PR cards have been mailed. It might take around 6 weeks for you to receive them." Check if you have got something like that? Else call them or raise a web form.

KABAL

Jul 27, 2020
HELLO !!! JUST BECOME PR !!!! 1 HR AGO !!
JUST FOR GENERAL INFORMATION,,, HOW LONG I NEED TO WAIT TILL I CAN LINK MY PR CARD APPLICATION, ALSO THE OFFICER JUST TOOK 1 PHOTO, INSTEAD THE 2 THAT THEY WAS ASKING, WEIRD
Every time I try to link, I am not successful. Inputs are sure correct. What could be the issue?

KABAL

Jul 27, 2020
Dear all!

If you are reading this, congratulations on completing your landing! I know you feel happy and relaxed. But some of your are little anxious as to when you'll get your PR card. Very normal. :) So was I! :D

Here are some simple steps I have gathered from a couple of threads and trying to bring it on one thread.

Linking PR Card application;
1. Login into your CIC account as you usually do.
2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages
3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"
4. Select the "Category" from the dropdown as "Permanent Resident Card"
5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO HYPHES
7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here
8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.
9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down
10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview
11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from dropdowns.
12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.
13. If after clicking "Search for my application" it show no application found, click Try again and try to input all the values carefully again. Each day it allows you 5 attempts. It it still doesn't find your application, you can try again the next day.

Please let me know if you are successful or have any questions! :)
Every time I try to link, I am not successful. Inputs are sure correct. What could be the issue?

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hi all..
My husband and I are Outland applicants and we landed on June 25 2020. We returned back to USA after our soft landing and today I received a mail asking me to submit photographs. The processing office is Nova Scotia. I would like to know
1) Has any Outland applicant sent photos from USA to their processing office in Canada?
2) Was it processed without any issues? Since the photograph will have the name and address of the photo center from USA and also the mail will have an USA address( I do have an Canada address for receiving my PR card).
3) Only I have received this mail and my spouse hasn’t received any. So should I send only my pics or attach his pics as well. I am the principal applicant and he is the dependent applicant.

any help will be appreciated :) thanks a lot in advance.

pkarsu

Sep 1, 2020
Hello,

My Daughter and I received our PR cards in the mail about 4 weeks after we landed. However, we still have not received my partner's PR card. Is it possible that it got processed in a different batch? I was the primary applicant and we both were approved for cards when we landed. There were no issues. I just dont want him to have his lost in the mail or not processed.

Thanks

techie12

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Hello,

My Daughter and I received our PR cards in the mail about 4 weeks after we landed. However, we still have not received my partner's PR card. Is it possible that it got processed in a different batch? I was the primary applicant and we both were approved for cards when we landed. There were no issues. I just don't want him to have his lost in the mail or not processed.

Thanks
My husband is a primary applicant, however, I received my PR card 3 days before he received it so do not panic. Many people have faced this issue.
Did you link your PR card application online? You can check the status of your spouse's application. If its approved there would be a message something like "PR cards have been mailed, please wait at least for 6 weeks to receive it."

Last edited:

techie12

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Hi,
Our PR cards were sent to my friend's place in Canada.
Now I want it to be shipped to the US. I'm planning to use either FedEx or UPS. Has anyone got it shipped this way recently? Is it advisable to get it shipped via a courier service?
Please share any info if you are aware.
Thanks

Akt2019

Star Member
Sep 20, 2019
Dear all!

If you are reading this, congratulations on completing your landing! I know you feel happy and relaxed. But some of your are little anxious as to when you'll get your PR card. Very normal. :) So was I! :D

Here are some simple steps I have gathered from a couple of threads and trying to bring it on one thread.

Linking PR Card application;
1. Login into your CIC account as you usually do.
2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages
3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"
4. Select the "Category" from the dropdown as "Permanent Resident Card"
5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO HYPHES
7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here
8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.
9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down
10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview
11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from dropdowns.
12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.
13. If after clicking "Search for my application" it show no application found, click Try again and try to input all the values carefully again. Each day it allows you 5 attempts. It it still doesn't find your application, you can try again the next day.

Please let me know if you are successful or have any questions! :)

Hello
I am trying to link my application but can’t find out
Need help help

Thanks in advance

ypd_ken

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
Hi,
I am an inland CEC applicant and have received CoPR. My PR has been confirmed in email recently and they have asked me to submit the CoPR documnet and a photograph to apply for PR card.

Wanted to know how much does it take to receve the PR card in such case ?

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Hi,
I am an inland CEC applicant and have received CoPR. My PR has been confirmed in email recently and they have asked me to submit the CoPR documnet and a photograph to apply for PR card.

Wanted to know how much does it take to receve the PR card in such case ?
It depends on the office where you are asked to send photo. Current processing time is 109 days. But some offices like London, Winnipeg getting card in 2-3 weeks. Same time, Ottawa, Edmonton, Etobicoke folks are waiting for more than 4 months for their card. I got my card after 3 months(I sent photo to Montreal)

Irynaken

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Finally got a ghost update on Friday. Today mom's permanent resident card was approved and was mailed out. They say up to six weeks before we get it.
She was an inland applicant and the photos were sent to the Etobicoke office.
Documents reached that office on July 28. So almost three months. Not too bad

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Finally got a ghost update on Friday. Today mom's permanent resident card was approved and was mailed out. They say up to six weeks before we get it.
She was an inland applicant and the photos were sent to the Etobicoke office.
Documents reached that office on July 28. So almost three months. Not too bad
Hi when you say a ghost update did the application status change from Submitted to Application Updated and then when you went into the application there was no messages and when you came back or logged in again the application status change to Submitted again ?? I am an outland applicant but I saw a status change from submitted to application updated/New change in application and then it went back to submitted again. There was no information change or messages inside the application. So would like to get a clarification.

Irynaken

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hi when you say a ghost update did the application status change from Submitted to Application Updated and then when you went into the application there was no messages and when you came back or logged in again the application status change to Submitted again ?? I am an outland applicant but I saw a status change from submitted to application updated/New change in application and then it went back to submitted again. There was no information change or messages inside the application. So would like to get a clarification.
You are correct. There was no message just a status change to Profile updated and then upon logging in again same status was showing as submitted. Its a day later when I saw the change and two days later we received an email that the profile has been updated. You're almost there.

Reactions: SaraRahul

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
You are correct. There was no message just a status change to Profile updated and then upon logging in again same status was showing as submitted. Its a day later when I saw the change and two days later we received an email that the profile has been updated. You're almost there.
How long did it take the PR card to arrive after the status changed to approved after GU?