+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Linking PR Card Application to track PR Card after Landing (Flagpole/Landing Interview) is complete

Aug 10, 2018
Thank you for the detailed explanation. I tried so many times on the website via the check processing times site and it just doesn't work.

So many catches in this form but after following your steps I was able to link it finally. Thank you so much!

Reactions: myra20sharma

UMalik

Mar 3, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
14-08-2019
Nomination.....
25-07-2019
AOR Received.
27-08-2019
Hi all, I sent in two photos along with copr last week and it was received by IRCC Etobicoke office on Thursday last week acording to the canada post tracking. I'm not being able to link my application today. will it take some time? Also I forgot to mention the UCI on the back of the photo. WIll I have to send the pictures again?

Uzzi

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Hi, I just linked my PR card application online. Thanks for sharing how to link the application on CIC account.

I submitted my COPR and 2 photos on 28th Jan 2021 and mail received was 29th Jan 2021 to Winnipeg IRCC office. I heard Winnipeg office is fast. Can someone confirm how long it will take to get PR card from Winnipeg office?

Also, the photos I submitted I feel are a bit dark although the features are clear plus on PR card the pic is black/white. I hope they don't return or ask for new photos.

Patel3011

Star Member
Feb 12, 2021
I have submitted my photos and copr on 25th jan but no update still and i m not able to link my application also plzz help guys

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
I'm super grateful I found this thread. Please I need help here. My PR was approved on January 30th 2021. I sent sent my COPR + photos on Feb 3rd, and havent yet linked my PR card application to my gc key. I used a lawyer for my PR application. My question is: hope it wont be an issue if I eventually link my pr card application to my gc key? Is it late to do so? When I tracked it using canada post, it showed delivered on feb 5th. Please your insights will be appreciated.

TIA! :)

@myra20sharma and/or anyone else, please help!

Last edited:

letbx

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Category........
CEC
Got Copr Jan 28, Sent photos on Feb 3.
do we need to do something else?
or just wait for the Mail?

Sathzmk

Nov 9, 2020
Dear all!

If you are reading this, congratulations on completing your landing! I know you feel happy and relaxed. But some of your are little anxious as to when you'll get your PR card. Very normal. :) So was I! :D

Here are some simple steps I have gathered from a couple of threads and trying to bring it on one thread.

Linking PR Card application;
1. Login into your CIC account as you usually do.
2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages
3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"
4. Select the "Category" from the dropdown as "Permanent Resident Card"
5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO HYPHES
7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here
8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.
9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down
10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview
11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from dropdowns.
12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.
13. If after clicking "Search for my application" it show no application found, click Try again and try to input all the values carefully again. Each day it allows you 5 attempts. It it still doesn't find your application, you can try again the next day.

Please let me know if you are successful or have any questions! :)
INCASE YOU DON'T HAVE CITY/TOWN OF BIRTH IN YOUR COPR DOCUMENT(I only have country of birth in my COPR). use same as your Passport. it worked for me.

Reactions: Oodda

Anjupatel@9594

Sep 29, 2019
My file got approved on march 2nd and I am waiting for copr..but meantime, i was trying to link my PR card application without having copr..unfortunately i got success in linking my pr card application and even i haven't got my copr yet..just approved in my cic profile..is this normal? i can see PR card application without receiving copr.

dondraper1996

Feb 24, 2021
Hi all, I sent in two photos along with copr last week and it was received by IRCC Etobicoke office on Thursday last week acording to the canada post tracking. I'm not being able to link my application today. will it take some time? Also I forgot to mention the UCI on the back of the photo. WIll I have to send the pictures again?
why would you send 2 photos? in the COPR letter it clearly says ONE photo?