+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Linking PR Card Application to track PR Card after Landing (Flagpole/Landing Interview) is complete

KUMAR_SM

Apr 20, 2017
Dear all!

If you are reading this, congratulations on completing your landing! I know you feel happy and relaxed. But some of your are little anxious as to when you'll get your PR card. Very normal. :) So was I! :D

Here are some simple steps I have gathered from a couple of threads and trying to bring it on one thread.

Linking PR Card application;
1. Login into your CIC account as you usually do.
2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages
3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"
4. Select the "Category" from the dropdown as "Permanent Resident Card"
5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO HYPHES
7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here
8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.
9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down
10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview
11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from dropdowns.
12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.
13. If after clicking "Search for my application" it show no application found, click Try again and try to input all the values carefully again. Each day it allows you 5 attempts. It it still doesn't find your application, you can try again the next day.

Please let me know if you are successful or have any questions! :)
Thanks for sharing the procedure. It was really helpful. There is a small correction.

The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here

In my case, I had to enter the City/town of birth as per PASSPORT without any commas. But had to keep the spaces. After that, application linking was successful.

Reactions: lfeng and nitrohaze

yaseen2391

Nov 17, 2018
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
Hey guys! I linked my PR card application and yesterday i got a message saying Its Approved!!
Now i am from India and everywhere the detail regarding passport's country of issue turned out to be INDIA

But online on mycic portal now under PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD application ,under the country of issue column it says Kuwait where my Indian passport got renewed. This feels weird to me .

Should i get it changed to India? or should i just leave it. Any comments would be appreciated

Thanks!

star2019

Feb 4, 2019
India
Category........
App. Filed.......
03-11-2018
Doc's Request.
06-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Dear all!

If you are reading this, congratulations on completing your landing! I know you feel happy and relaxed. But some of your are little anxious as to when you'll get your PR card. Very normal. :) So was I! :D

Here are some simple steps I have gathered from a couple of threads and trying to bring it on one thread.

2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages
3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"
5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.
10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview
12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.
13. If after clicking "Search for my application" it show no application found, click Try again and try to input all the values carefully again. Each day it allows you 5 attempts. It it still doesn't find your application, you can try again the next day.

star2019

Feb 4, 2019
India
Category........
App. Filed.......
03-11-2018
Doc's Request.
06-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Where can I find the link to drop-down menu to select PR card mentioned in step no.4? I clicked on full application status mentioned in step 2 and even in the home page i couldn't find the link. Can you please post a screenshot or something as yo where I can find the category drop-down? Please it's urgent

inq_54

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Category........
CEC
Thanks for sharing the procedure. It was really helpful. There is a small correction.

The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here

In my case, I had to enter the City/town of birth as per PASSPORT without any commas. But had to keep the spaces. After that, application linking was successful.
Same with mine.

Because there are limited characters available on COPR, Place of Birth printed on my COPR was cutoff and incomplete.

After copying it exactly from my passport, the linking was successful.

For people who cannot link an application, you can also view the status at the following link(Client Application Status):
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas

Reactions: Blah!

nomad26

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
I have just successfully linked PR card to my profile. Thank you for this guide, found it very helpful!
Dear all!

Nevermind1988

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Good day, I finally received the PR status last Friday, thru flagpoling, and will link the PR Card application to my cic account soon. It's mentioned on their website that new Permanent Residents don't need to apply for one, as it will be mailed to you. Does that mean we also don't need to pay the fee of $50? And what about pictures? I sent two with my passport copy a few months ago... thanks

jayryz

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
landed last sept 28 ing coutts alberta but still waiting for my first pr card anyone whos in the same situation?thanks

Yoruba girl

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Good day, I finally received the PR status last Friday, thru flagpoling, and will link the PR Card application to my cic account soon. It's mentioned on their website that new Permanent Residents don't need to apply for one, as it will be mailed to you. Does that mean we also don't need to pay the fee of $50? And what about pictures? I sent two with my passport copy a few months ago... thanks
You don’t pay for the first one.

Second Chance

May 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Dear all!

Thank you

Reactions: Akku123

shaik4783

Dec 19, 2018
Thank you so much for this thread. I landed on november 6 and i just linked my pr application with this process.

Thanks again