+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Linking application issue

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
So we got our aor and are trying to link our online account. should the sponsor or applicants info be filled out when we try to link the info?

Farah ali

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018
So we got our aor and are trying to link our online account. should the sponsor or applicants info be filled out when we try to link the info?
You need complete information about the person who has been sponsored "principal applicant"
You need Uci
application no
passport
date of birth

Reactions: BrasilCan

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
we were able to link our PR app that day using the passport info and application number, last name all caps and #2 for number of people on application (Sponsor and PA). it worked! But our OWP did not show up so we have going to try again for that one on tuesday after the holiday

moslah82

Jun 6, 2018
Was the AOR sent to the sponsor or to the principal applicant? In our case I "the sponsor" was the only one to receive an email...we could link the application to my account after many trials "using 2 as the no of applicants which are myself and my spouse"

BrasilCan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
We got it. We used the P.As information to link.
P.S you can use a different account to apply more times than 5 in one day. After using all of my husbands attempts we signed on using my banking info and got another few tries. We got it on the 6th try! We used Account info+ family name (All caps), then passport info, married (status) and number of people on the app= 2 (sponsor and applicant) and we found our Pr app! Now just need to find the OWP

MO876

Feb 3, 2016
I got mine linked.

I entered the application number and family name
then i entered my birthplace (city and country) (add the same information you wrote on IMM0008)
Its asks for the city u intend to live in, i wrote Brampton, ON

Number of family members included in this application: 2
then submit!

i hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: Jalalcananda

kimanhle

Aug 10, 2018
dear all members, pls help as my husband - sponsor received the email confirmed that my sponsorship - family spouse inside Canada yesterday 30August, which included UCI, Application number.
While I- being sponsored, did not receive any email or AOR.

I tried to link online but many times failed.
Pls help if I type something wrong?
I wonder: The Applicant's personal information (passport or place of birth): should be my info or my husband (sponsor).
Number of family: should 3 or 2 , as I am applicant, my husband is sponsor, my daughter - dependent.

I am looking forward to your kind support.

Have a nice day!

kimanhle

Aug 10, 2018
Was the AOR sent to the sponsor or to the principal applicant? In our case I "the sponsor" was the only one to receive an email...we could link the application to my account after many trials "using 2 as the no of applicants which are myself and my spouse"
congrats! in my case, my husband - sponsor was the only one receive an email.
I have 1 dependent , should I type 3 or 2
information need to complete is applicant - myself or my husband-sponsor

kimanhle

Aug 10, 2018
OMG I Linked already!
I know why I have failed:
Since email sent to my husband- sponsor i.e. UCI is under him.
therefore I must type family name & application number.

Thanks all

pratik1216

Jun 13, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG I Linked already!
I know why I have failed:
Since email sent to my husband- sponsor i.e. UCI is under him.
therefore I must type family name & application number.

Thanks all
Correct!

I got mine linked too today. Following are the steps:

On the "Link a paper application" form
Step 1: Select "Application number and UCI" Option
Step 2: Enter Application number from the AOR email. Enter Principal Applicants UCI (IMP: NOT Sponsors UCI. PA's UCI. AOR email has Sponsors UCI)
Step 3: Enter Principal Applicants passport details (add exact details as on passport)
Step 4: Additional Information (add the same information you wrote on question 5 of form IMM0008)
Intended City, Province.
Current Status: married (Of course :p)

Step 5: Number of family members included in this application: 2 (1 Sponsor + 1 Principal Applicant) Add 1 for every dependent

Then hit submit! Tada!

Hope this helps. Worked for me

P

Jojo88

Jan 9, 2018
Correct!

I got mine linked too today. Following are the steps:

On the "Link a paper application" form
Step 1: Select "Application number and UCI" Option
Step 2: Enter Application number from the AOR email. Enter Principal Applicants UCI (IMP: NOT Sponsors UCI. PA's UCI. AOR email has Sponsors UCI)
Step 3: Enter Principal Applicants passport details (add exact details as on passport)
Step 4: Additional Information (add the same information you wrote on question 5 of form IMM0008)
Intended City, Province.
Current Status: married (Of course :p)

Step 5: Number of family members included in this application: 2 (1 Sponsor + 1 Principal Applicant) Add 1 for every dependent

Then hit submit! Tada!

Hope this helps. Worked for me

P
Which category do we have select, and some the family name in passport is different which one to use?

Naaseijnr

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
We got it. We used the P.As information to link.
P.S you can use a different account to apply more times than 5 in one day. After using all of my husbands attempts we signed on using my banking info and got another few tries. We got it on the 6th try! We used Account info+ family name (All caps), then passport info, married (status) and number of people on the app= 2 (sponsor and applicant) and we found our Pr app! Now just need to find the OWP
Hi I applied for TRV and want to link my application to CIC account but when I try it keeps saying no info of my records in their system what might be wrong, I had put in my application number and my family name and the rest, but still any help on this please??

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
@abdisarockstar @Lasso
Thanks to both of you for sharing your experience.
Can you please share if the birth place or passport details at the time of linking the application should be of sponsor's or PA's?

Funmi Adeniyi

Jan 16, 2016
Pls I will be grateful if I can get more explanation on how to link my application. My spouse applied for me we have UCI but family name we a still answering different names. Pls will I enter his family name or my own family name.