+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Linking application issue

fpalazzo

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
I forgot to mention that I received another email one week after saying that I am eligible to sponsor but since then I have received nothing neither my spouse.
any update from your side?
Hey, no. We haven't received anything since April 6th.
When did you guys submit the application?Did your spouse apply for OPW as well?

moslah82

Jun 6, 2018
Hey, no. We haven't received anything since April 6th.
When did you guys submit the application?Did your spouse apply for OPW as well?
Application was sent on April 12, got the first email on May 18 then the second email of "eligibility to sponsor" on may 28.
No we are not applying for OPW as my spouse is not here as we are applying from outside of Canada

Deeeees

May 22, 2018
Just linked successfully after several days trial and I wanna say:

the trick with the "space" in the Place Of Birth worked. (I hit space bar (not just leaving it empty!) in the field instead of typing the birth city/town, then chose the country from the list)

;)

Thank you guys!!!

steve5

Apr 12, 2018
I forgot to mention that I received another email one week after saying that I am eligible to sponsor but since then I have received nothing neither my spouse.
any update from your side?
did you get any update from IRCC?

Mosalah82

Feb 17, 2018
The below is from CIC website:

Sponsors

After we receive your application, we’ll check to make sure you’ve submitted all the required forms and documents on the document checklist. If your application package is incomplete, it will be returned to you without being processed. If the application has all the requested forms and documents, you’ll get an email or letter confirming that the application has been accepted for processing.

We’ll assess your eligibility to sponsor and you’ll also get an email or letter advising you of the decision.

• If your sponsorship undertaking is approved, we’ll send the application for permanent residence to the appropriate processing office for further review.
  • If your sponsorship undertaking is refused, you’ll get an email or letter explaining why.
    • If you choose to go ahead with the sponsorship even if you are found ineligible to sponsor, the whole application package will be sent to a processing office for further review.
Applicants (person being sponsored)
Once your sponsor is found to be eligible, we’ll send you (or your authorized representative, if you have one) an acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) letter with your application number on it. If you provided an e-mail address on your application, this letter will be sent to that e-mail address.

Mosalah82

Feb 17, 2018
I received the email that my sponsorship undertaking is approved on May 28 but my wife ”applicant” still didn’t receive the AOR since then,anyone can advise the time frame for her to receive it?

Farah ali

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018
W
Hello folks!

I recently got my application number and the UCI for my application for permanent residence via Manitoba PNP. I received an email from CIC on Friday mentioning about linking the application to cic.gc.ca so that it is easier to go ahead with the application. I have quoted the email below:

Dear X:

To continue processing your application, you must link your application to an online account.
To link your application to your online account:
Search for “link my application” on Canada.ca and follow the instructions.
Link your application within seven calendar days from the day you receive this letter for faster processing times.
After you create your online account, you will:
get instructions to send us other documents we need
see real-time information about your application status
receive messages from us in your online account
When your application is linked to your account, you will no longer receive messages from us by mail.
If you choose not to link your application:
It could take us longer to process your application.
We will continue communicating with you or your representative by email or regular mail.

However I am trying since Friday to link my application using the family name and first name and UCI and application number and what not but it is not working and says that application cannot be found. Now they have given me 7 days to do so but if it doesnt allow me then how should I link it? did anybody else face the same issue? please help guys! :(
When I was trying to link my application to gckey I was doing a very silly mistake..I was typing my passport no with alphabets when I type only passport no it linked

Mort Sinclair

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
thank you! did they mean either of me/rep can see from the ecas (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas)?
So the account can only be linked (operative word) to one person who can see the (coded) detailed activity--either the rep (in my case, an attorney) or someone else. If I wanted to see those details, we'd have to fill out a form that jettisons the attorney (as a rep) from seeing the application. We, obviously, decided not to do that.

That said, we do check our application status at the link you provide above regularly. We had no trouble accessing that information.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanIndo1111

CanIndo1111

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
So the account can only be linked (operative word) to one person who can see the (coded) detailed activity--either the rep (in my case, an attorney) or someone else. If I wanted to see those details, we'd have to fill out a form that jettisons the attorney (as a rep) from seeing the application. We, obviously, decided not to do that.

That said, we do check our application status at the link you provide above regularly. We had no trouble accessing that information.
gotcha! thank you for the info!