+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Linking application issue

Faithgly27

Feb 22, 2018
Pls I will be grateful if I can get more explanation on how to link my application. My spouse applied for me we have UCI but family name we a still answering different names. Pls will I enter his family name or my own family name.
you enter the name u use during application

fpalazzo

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Pls I will be grateful if I can get more explanation on how to link my application. My spouse applied for me we have UCI but family name we a still answering different names. Pls will I enter his family name or my own family name.
Hi, you will need to use your own family name.
However, don't get frustrated if you cannot link your application, if they need any other information from you, for example, when it is time to do your medical exams, they will send an email with the form.
Also, you can verify your status online on https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html, which is not super up to date, but it helps to keep track OR if you are inside Canada, you can call 888 242 2100, choose the option of permanent residency, sponsorship and an automatic system will tell you the status of your application.
Hope it helps, good luck!

Reactions: Hafez Abdullah

Funmi Adeniyi

Jan 16, 2016
Hi, you will need to use your own family name.
However, don't get frustrated if you cannot link your application, if they need any other information from you, for example, when it is time to do your medical exams, they will send an email with the form.
Also, you can verify your status online on https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html, which is not super up to date, but it helps to keep track OR if you are inside Canada, you can call 888 242 2100, choose the option of permanent residency, sponsorship and an automatic system will tell you the status of your application.
Hope it helps, good luck!

Funmi Adeniyi

Jan 16, 2016
Thank you very much for this clarification. I am just confused as I dont know what's not right. I succeeded with OWP. I will try again after 24 hours because I have exceeded 5 times.

Zainbutt67

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Correct!

I got mine linked too today. Following are the steps:

On the "Link a paper application" form
Step 1: Select "Application number and UCI" Option
Step 2: Enter Application number from the AOR email. Enter Principal Applicants UCI (IMP: NOT Sponsors UCI. PA's UCI. AOR email has Sponsors UCI)
Step 3: Enter Principal Applicants passport details (add exact details as on passport)
Step 4: Additional Information (add the same information you wrote on question 5 of form IMM0008)
Intended City, Province.
Current Status: married (Of course :p)

Step 5: Number of family members included in this application: 2 (1 Sponsor + 1 Principal Applicant) Add 1 for every dependent

Then hit submit! Tada!

Hope this helps. Worked for me

P
From we will get PA uci
Coz only sponsor got AOR

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi everyone.
I am a protected person and applied for PR for myself and my family.
I got this email and I can not link my account with any trick. Please help me:oops::(
UCI: XXXXXXXX
Application No.: XXXXXXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear Jalal XXXXX,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2018/10/29.

When should I contact IRCC?
You must notify IRCC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify IRCC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”

When will IRCC contact me?
IRCC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications and consult the “What happens next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use either the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) or Application Number above to check the status of your application on the IRCC website. Please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp and select what you applied for.

Or for instant email updates and more detailed, up-to-date case status, create an online account. Find out how: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp.

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?
Please consult the following resources about settlement in Canada:
• For information on language assessment and training, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-language-training.asp
• For information on employment, visit www.credentials.gc.ca and www.workingincanada.gc.ca
• For information on housing, education, health, important documents, and other topics, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers

We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

Mann2235

May 27, 2019
Hi there, i try so many times to link my post graduation work permit application but it shows no applications found anybody have any way to link this application. I apply online but i was revoked my gc key accidentally anyone pls help i m very grateful thanks

Rohan3037

Mar 8, 2019
Hello Folks,

Need serious help here
So i have applied for PR paper file for my spouse and Got AOR and Medical request and Biometrics and i am trying to link that Application on my CIC account.

So when i tried for the first time to link to CIC account it says your Application has been successfully linked to GCkey account.
but i have been loging in that account everyday and its been 3 days now i cant see that Application on my account i have also reported issues to CIC but no reply yet can anyone from here in this group can help me out please.

Thank You.

Rohan3037

Mar 8, 2019
Hello Folks,

Need serious help here
So i have applied for PR paper file for my spouse and Got AOR and Medical request and Biometrics and i am trying to link that Application on my CIC account.

So when i tried for the first time to link to CIC account it says your Application has been successfully linked to GCkey account.
but i have been loging in that account everyday and its been 3 days now i cant see that Application on my account i have also reported issues to CIC but no reply yet can anyone from here in this group can help me out please.

Thank You.
Please Anyone here on this group if anyone has an idea regarding this problem please let me know

Thanks.

Bhargav845

Apr 26, 2022
Hi there, i try so many times to link my post graduation work permit application but it shows no applications found anybody have any way to link this application. I apply online but i was revoked my gc key accidentally anyone pls help i m very grateful thanks
Hi I am facing same issue now, did ur issue resolved?