+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LIMA LMO Question for EE

John155

Jan 6, 2015
amelia1727 said:
Here's my answer?
1. Do i meet the eligibility criteria for FSW express entry? (Waiting for IELTS score card)

It depends what position are you holding. EE has only skilled position that are qualified to use the stream. It's not a pointing basis for EE.

2. Still my LMO is valid (I mean WP validity) but until Nov 28' 2015 only?
Yes it is still valid as long as you are holding a valid work visa/permit. However, you must secure LMIA in order to extend your stay in Canada.

3. Is this offer letter would be fine? Mentioned " Employment shall continue for 2 Years, unless terminated earlier pursuant to the terms and conditions of the agreement"

Yes. This format was apprehended by the government in hiring foreign worker.

4. "has made an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you are accepted as a permanent resident, and" - So do we need to get a separate offer letter from current employer.

No. You don't need as of the moment. You will need another offer letter once you are submitting your application for PR. Otherwise, you don't need two since your original status is not a combination of the two.

Thanks Amelia1727.

But still my doubt not cleared for the LMO expiry? If i put work permit expiry then in between the Issue and expiry date goes more than 2 years.

Unnamed LMO issued: 26-11-2013
Nammed LMO issued: 07-12-2013

Opinion Expiry date: 26-05-2014

Landed in canada: 14-05-2013

Work permit Expiry: 28-11-2015.

I just wondering which date i should mention for the EE profile update for the

LMO Issue date: ? 26-11-2013
LMO Expiry date: ?

SergiiK

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Hey guys,

does LMO have to be for 0, A or B only occupations in order to qualify for 600 points?

thanks

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
shail2054 said:
Bro you just create your profile n see if it's give you 600 additional point for LMO. If it's giving you points then good to go.. Why you so worry.. It's not misrepresentation
I think he/she worries about not able to prove it with a LMO because it is the old version of LMIA. However, I have to agree with what you said in your next post. It is true that no LMO will be valid indefinitely and the same thing can be said for work permit. After all, a work permit is considered a temporary resident permit, which means it is never permanent and will expire. Even PR Cards expire. It is one of the many way for the government to get you to "check in" and update your information with them. On the other hand, if any of you are still worried then you can request the full 4 pages of the LMO confirmation letter from your employer. Your employer is not obligated to provide you with all the pages except the one that you need, but if you request it I am sure they will provide it for you. After you obtain the copies make sure it says Permanent Full Time Job offer on it and your current LMO supported work permit is valid.

Good Luck.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
SergiiK said:
Hey guys,

does LMO have to be for 0, A or B only occupations in order to qualify for 600 points?

thanks
In order to qualify for EE you need to qualify for any of the 3 programs which is based on skilled work. So the answer is Yes your current/intended job and most of your work history has to fall under NOC O, A or B.

atapiat

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
fkl said:
LMO validity simply means validity of work permit. If it was issued for 24 months and they haven't passed by the time you apply for EE, you are good to get 600 points.
Lets say LMOW was issued May 2013. In the LMO it says for 24 months work duration. The opinion was valid 6 months i.e till Nov 2013 and you have applied for WP in Oct 2013. You got your WP in Oct 2013 but you entered Canada in May 2014 when they issued you 2 year visa till May 2016.

Not till when is the LMO valid? 24 months after issuance i.e May 2013 or till the validity of WP?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
atapiat said:
Lets say LMOW was issued May 2013. In the LMO it says for 24 months work duration. The opinion was valid 6 months i.e till Nov 2013 and you have applied for WP in Oct 2013. You got your WP in Oct 2013 but you entered Canada in May 2014 when they issued you 2 year visa till May 2016.

Not till when is the LMO valid? 24 months after issuance i.e May 2013 or till the validity of WP?
First you mention the original LMO / LMIA expiry. Then it asks at some other point do you have a work permit for this LMO. Check yes.

This would get you 600 points. Several people in similar situation have done that, gotten ITAs and are in process of submitting applications.

atapiat

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Thanks FKL,

So in the firs question regarding LMIA epiary date I have to put Dec 213 i.e what is mentioned in the LMO
Down the question they ask me if I have valid work permit and if LMIA was issued for that work permit and I sad YES.

It give me 600 points :)

I have submited the application and the update the form and resing and submited again.
Do I need to revoke it and then refill everything from start?
Or the changes I have made will be saved.
I just want to make sure my application has the updated LMIA dates

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
You are welcome @atapiat. Yeah you should be good i believe.

I don't think you have to revoke or refill any thing.

deeptj

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Perth
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
hey guys,
how can we check authenticity of any Job offer we get from Canadian employer ?
what documents we required to fill in EE profile regarding job offer ?
please help me .
Thannks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
deeptj said:
hey guys,
how can we check authenticity of any Job offer we get from Canadian employer ?
what documents we required to fill in EE profile regarding job offer ?
please help me .
Thannks
A validated job offer means which received a Labor market impact assessment approval from HRSDC. An employer has to apply for LMIA for an employee, prove that they tried but couldn't find a Canadian with required credentials and hence hired this person. It takes considerable amount of time and money to get that approved.

In an EE application you have to provide an LMIA # which is written on the official LMIA approval given by Govt. of Canada. Without this, a job offer does not get you 600 points and is not relevant for Express entry.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
saab1107 said:
What is the validity of LIMA. or How many year from the date of issue
At max six months - usually less in case of relatively low skilled jobs. After that you need a new LMIA

For the purpose of Express entry, either you submit application with a valid LMIA. Or you actually received a work permit based upon that LMIA which could be valid for up to 3 years and you apply during that time from inside Canada. To get a work permit based upon LMIA, again the work permit application must have been filed before LMIA expiry.

AK84

Aug 11, 2011
Hi Guys,

Can we apply under Express Entry if we get LMIA job offer as Food service supervisor but that is different than his/her previous Canadian work experience like graphic etc.

Question: CIC does not require that one's work experience has to be the same as LMIA ?

Would they be disqualified under Express Entry ?
Please suggest,

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
AK84 said:
Hi Guys,

Can we apply under Express Entry if we get LMIA job offer as Food service supervisor but that is different than his/her previous Canadian work experience like graphic etc.

Question: CIC does not require that one's work experience has to be the same as LMIA ?

Would they be disqualified under Express Entry ?
Please suggest,
This would get emm complicated and most likely won't work.

LMIA job offer gets you 600 points if accepted and at max gets you an ITA. Beyond that you have to qualify for one of PR programs to even submit an application which are FSW, CEC, PNP.

FSW requires at least one year of skilled experience for the NOC you are applying for. CEC requires one year of Canadian skilled work experience. In both cases I really doubt they would accept it as a scenario where your past experience is in a different role / NOC / position vs what you intend to do in Canada and have LMIA for.

This is a classic case where if you apply for a work permit based upon that LMIA, it probably would be refused. Since CIC won't see past experience in the same NOC profession.