fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
LMO validity simply means validity of work permit. If it was issued for 24 months and they haven't passed by the time you apply for EE, you are good to get 600 points.

shail2054

Star Member
Jan 6, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-15
AOR Received.
04-07-15
Med's Done....
xxxx
Interview........
xxxx
Passport Req..
xxxx
VISA ISSUED...
xxxxx
LANDED..........
xxxxx
fkl said:
LMO validity simply means validity of work permit. If it was issued for 24 months and they haven't passed by the time you apply for EE, you are good to get 600 points.
Completely agree.. LMO validity stand for valid work permit means it should not expired. Please do not confused with LMO and work permit... Positive LMO give you work permit n valid date mention on work permit is expiration date of LMO.

Froze950

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
From what I know is that we have to get NEW LMIA starting Jan 1, even if we had previous LMO.

Our employers have to get the positions approved again. If the LMIA comes out to be positive, only then we get 600 points.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Froze950 said:
From what I know is that we have to get NEW LMIA starting Jan 1, even if we had previous LMO.

Our employers have to get the positions approved again. If the LMIA comes out to be positive, only then we get 600 points.
Although i haven't seen it written any where explicitly, it doesn't make any sense to ask any one with a valid work permit based upon LMO to get a new LMIA.

"the employer making you the job offer must have a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada OR
you are currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on a Labour Market Impact Assessment, and
you are working for an employer listed on your work permit,
you are authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued, and
your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job if you are accepted as a permanent resident."

It is pretty obvious from above that if you were already working with an employer, you probably had an LMO (LMIA was introduced much latter) and hence implies you are good to go.

Also some one above confirmed from CIC helpline. Moreover, there is never any mention that LMO is not accepted in place of LMIA.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

Update:

Just for other's satisfaction, here is the official wording confirming that LMO = LMIA

Scenario 2: You want to offer a permanent job to your current TFW
Employer

Is the worker currently in Canada under a positive LMIA/LMOFootnote 5?

If yes, skip to candidate steps
If no, an LMIA is required. Continue with employer steps
No

Ensure you have considered Canadians and permanent residents

Post your ad on ESDC’s Job Bank + 2 additional methods of advertising
Apply for LMIAFootnote 4

If no suitable domestic candidates, apply for an LMIA for the temporary foreign worker through Service Canada

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/employers/express-entry-presentation-fall2014.asp

shail2054

Star Member
Jan 6, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-15
AOR Received.
04-07-15
Med's Done....
xxxx
Interview........
xxxx
Passport Req..
xxxx
VISA ISSUED...
xxxxx
LANDED..........
xxxxx
Froze950 said:

Not true at all ..if have valid work permit and positive LMO no need to get LMIA...for your clarification follow this link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/employers/express-entry-presentation-fall2014.asp

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Thanks for clarifying....however shail what is a positive LMO..mean ur work permit is not yet expired?

Thanks once again,
Aarti

shail2054

Star Member
Jan 6, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-15
AOR Received.
04-07-15
Med's Done....
xxxx
Interview........
xxxx
Passport Req..
xxxx
VISA ISSUED...
xxxxx
LANDED..........
xxxxx
Aarti21 said:
Thanks for clarifying....however shail what is a positive LMO..mean ur work permit is not yet expired?

Thanks once again,
Aarti
[/quote
Dear Aarti21
Ya your work permit should not expired ..

anoirmimi

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
amro375 said:
I am creating EE profile and got confused.
However I answer I am afraid I am making mistake.

Under "Intended work in Canada"

Do you have job offer - YES

As my employer gave me job offer for permanent job

Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? - NO

As I have LMO not LMIA

Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? - NO

As I have LMO not LMIA

I am working on TWP. On the job history when I enter my current job in Canada i got:

Working legally in Canada during this time? YES

Which of these categories does ------- job fall under? WHAT SHOULD I CHOSE:

Work Permit Required, no LMIA required
or
Work Permit and LMIA required

I me I needed work permit and LMO to get TWP.

Please help

Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
dear amro please on this problem iam on same boat unswer question please any body can help me for that

hey bro please help from any body does those answer
iam working in Canada right under noc 6322 I would like to know about question
Does anoir boukhriss have a job offer in Canada?
yes or no
Information about the job offer
Is this job offer for full-time non-seasonal and permanent work?
yes or no
Information about the employer or company
How many employers made this job offer?
1.2or 3

what do means you of that

Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):
An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada?
no or yes

An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada?
yes or no
Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?
no or yes
Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit
yes or no

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
shail2054 said:
Aarti21 said:

Thanks once again,
Aarti
[/quote
Dear Aarti21
Ya your work permit should not expired ..
Thanks buddy...+1

Regards,
Aarti

sarkumar78

Nov 18, 2014
The LMO expiry date is the date by which a foreign worker must have applied for a work permit. If a worker has not applied by that date, the LMO is no longer valid and the employer must apply for a new LMO, if he/she still wishes to hire a foreign worker.

The LMO duration date is based on ESDC/Service Canada's assessment of an application for a LMO. It identifies the recommended length of time that a work permit could be issued to a foreign worker without negatively impacting the Canadian labour market.

The work permit expiry date is determined by CIC when a foreign worker applies for a work permit. It indicates how long a worker will be allowed to reside and work in Canada.

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
What's is LMIA number ? Is it the job Id under which we have applied or any other number...could someone please help. And what is the issue and expiry date.

Thanks,
Aarti

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Can someone please answer my question?

I have pgwp and have been working in NOC B for a year with the same employer. Now in order to get LMIA I asked my employer to apply. Got a few questions

Anticipated start date ?? I have been working there for year so what does my employer put here
Proof of advertisement of job posted ?? That was a year ago and they deleted the posting after my hiring and do not have it anymore
Is there any fee for LMIA ?

Thanks in advance

sarkumar78

Nov 18, 2014
Aarti21 said:
What's is LMIA number ? Is it the job Id under which we have applied or any other number...could someone please help. And what is the issue and expiry date.

Thanks,
Aarti
LMO/LMIA number you can find it in on the top page that is Confirmation # 0000000, Issue date you can find it from on the same first page after service Canada address 0000-00-00 before your employer address. Expiry date you can find it on the third page which is Opinion expiry date: 0000-00-00

sarkumar78

Nov 18, 2014
shail2054 said:
Completely agree.. LMO validity stand for valid work permit means it should not expired. Please do not confused with LMO and work permit... Positive LMO give you work permit n valid date mention on work permit is expiration date of LMO.
The LMO expiry date should not be confused with the LMO duration of employment or the WP expiry period (which may be longer in duration depending on the employment situation). The LMO expiry date determines if the LMO is valid at the time the WP application is submitted, whereas the work duration in the LMO is the timeframe of work that the employer has requested and to which HRSDC has agreed.

Below the questions from the EE

Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? - Yes

LMIA number : ?

LMIA issue date : ?

LMIA expiry date : ?

Does have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? - Yes

Is job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? : Yes

Four digit NOC code of current work permit : ?

Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? : Yes

So I think we need to mention in the profile for the question of LMO expiry date is = Opinion Expiry date not the Work permit expiry date.