+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Life in Alberta

afnan.bashir

Star Member
Apr 15, 2016
Hi,

I got admission in University of Alberta. However most people are saying I would commit biggest mistake of my life by moving to Alberta. They say life is way to much tough and i would not be able to survive it. Me and my wife would be coming this sep. She is Mphill Biotechnology and I am Mphill Computer science.

Question is do you suggest that I should take this step? if not why?

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I lives in Alberta for 3 years with my family, everything was good and we enjoyed to live here,
There are few reasons why I like Alberta. For example, there is no provincial tax, the housing prices are not so expensive as in cities like Vancouver or Toronto.

Most important, most provinces require new residents to undergo a waiting period before receiving health coverage. For most provinces, this period is three months, but you can get health care as soon as you arrive in Alberta.

Please see the link below,
http://www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/living.aspx

Hope this help

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Those people who say that Alberta is too tough have never actually lived there. Don't listen to them. Go and try for yourself. I am sure you will be fine.

Reactions: GetLucky8888

nope

Oct 3, 2015
Alberta is a great place to live, and Edmonton is a good city -- small enough to live in easily, large enough to have everything you need. U of A is a great university. The winters are long and cold -- but all Canadian winters are long and cold, except at the tip of BC. Ignore the weather and come here, there are a lot of opportunities in Alberta (though the job market is lousy right now).

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
I've been living here in St. Alberta, Alberta for 7 years already. St. Albert is like 15 minutes from Edmonton. It is nice to live in Alberta. Aside from friendly people, the healthcare of Alberta is the best compared to other provinces. U of A is a good University. Yes, it's cold in Winter time in here but you can survive

afnan.bashir

Star Member
Apr 15, 2016
charmainefrances said:
I've been living here in St. Alberta, Alberta for 7 years already. St. Albert is like 15 minutes from Edmonton. It is nice to live in Alberta. Aside from friendly people, the healthcare of Alberta is the best compared to other provinces. U of A is a good University. Yes, it's cold in Winter time in here but you can survive
Gives much hope. What is Job Situations there? I am IT Programmer Guy and my wife is Biotechnology graduate

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Alberta is good place to live in Canada. Winter is severe but that can be managed. Now job market is dull due to low oil price.

afnan.bashir

Star Member
Apr 15, 2016
ttrajan said:
Alberta is good place to live in Canada. Winter is severe but that can be managed. Now job market is dull due to low oil price.
I need some 2700 CAD to make my living and fee if i divide per month. While studying do you think its a do able bet?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Possible if you get a good job there.

samchopra45

Nov 1, 2019
You will be treated as Third class citizen I am here since 10 years you will loose your money if buy house. There are ten thousands way system will steal your money, System will make sure you don't get job in which have experience and qualification, after struggling for years you will end up loosing your health and to become driver this is exactly Leadership wants you to do..
I have thousands rejections, Merit process doesnt exist in Alberta. No Emp,oyer will consider you are qualified or experienced and on top if you start from scratch ... and then Ragging , Bullying , Harassment at your work place and you will end making a balance of life work and survival, there different non profits to camouflage all this and will only extend their shoulders to Cry On. No NGO will help you to get a job in your field and Racism is Unofficially Official here.. Good Luck

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Sorry for what you have experinced. To a point you have to open up a 3 years old discussion to vent.
Good luck.