+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LIC Peaceful Public Protest in Toronto Oct/2011

GLana

Sep 12, 2011
Strikenannies said:
Sorry you are able to understand our situation only if you are or you were a caregiver, but I will describe a little, just a little what it is..

We are away from our country and we had decided to come to Canada and work for 2 years until we get our PR. The process is taking almost more 2 years to be finish. It was suppose to be 6 months.

Beside it, we don't have health care, we can't get out of the country, change employers is taking so long that's better to wait for OWP and accept the currently employer, even being a hard word, more that it's already. Let's suck up!!!

You don't have idea...Sleep in basement with no privacy, abusive families that make you to work on weekends, make you to be a mom, teacher, personal trainer, housekeeper, dog walker, friend and still smile at the end of the day...like you are the most fortunate person in the world for working for this family...but do not forget that they have 3/4 kids, very disrespectful and with no limits...sometimes nice, most not. But we look after then with all our love and care.

Ahhhh!! The wage...8,25 dollars per hour, if you have a cool boss she will pay you 9...And be happy about it, because as she says "her friends pays way less for their nanny". If they take vacation, you take too, you can't even choose when you want to take your 2 miserable weeks...if you decide do not take at all...she will bank those hours...

Your boss is bossy and she call you several times a day just to check if everything it's ok and ask you to do more things, sometimes shopping, sometimes a meal...

How this sounds to you? I dont want to offend you I just want to show our reality and make you understand why we can't wait for it anymore...It's our right , our OWP, our PR..we worked for it and we deserve to be granted.

Can you help us? So if you are really interested in our cause, please talk with your friends and families about it...twitt Jason Kenney and ask about this delay...maybe he will answer you maybe not...but at least you did your part...
You said all. Sorry, I couldnt express myself yesterday. I was going through a bad day...
I agree with you! All you said looks like my family and me...

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@glana i guess this chris guy is waiting for ur call last night atty fabregas said. explained u read d post late. pls call 2day if u got a chance tnx.
@bambiegirl @strikenannies waiting for atty fabregas 2 dm his email.let you guys posted. tnx

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@generoso that chris guy that atty fabregas know is from migrante. his name is christopher sorio. (i googled it). atty fabregas said he knows and trust him. he already informed chris lic will call. pls someone phone. i'll call but i'm not in ontario. i don't know d full details of this protest

GLana

Sep 12, 2011
@ sarah: I will call him today when I get home around 5p.. then will let you all know what he said to me.

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
GLana said:
@ sarah: I will call him today when I get home around 5p.. then will let you all know what he said to me.
Ok.thanks Glana... I was about to pm caregivers in GTA to call Chris. Good luck to all of us!

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@GLana tnx coz atty fabregas wants to know too. he asked me to phone but im not in ontario. don't know d whole details,location,etc of d protest. just pls don't forget tnx

GLana

Sep 12, 2011
I just talked with Chris from Migrante Canada (Fabrega's friends) by phone.

He really seems to be a great person to help and he offered his office (Toronto) for us to do the pre meeting this Saturday at 1p. And he said others nannies will be there as well. I didnt get into all the details with him yet because I think it will be much better to do it in person so all of us can help prepare the statements, action plans, day and place for the protest and so on...
I also told him we are NOT doing on Thanksgiving day, because we need more time.

I told him I was going to ask the nannies/caregivers here who can come to his office this Saturday Oct 8 at 1p (he said the closest subway is Broadview stn,). As soon as I see there are people confirming here to go to the meeting I will confirm with him by email, get his office address and post here.

hardwokerAngel

May 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GLana said:
I just talked with Chris from Migrante Canada (Fabrega's friends) by phone.

He really seems to be a great person to help and he offered his office (Toronto) for us to do the pre meeting this Saturday at 1p. And he said others nannies will be there as well. I didnt get into all the details with him yet because I think it will be much better to do it in person so all of us can help prepare the statements, action plans, day and place for the protest and so on...
I also told him we are NOT doing on Thanksgiving day, because we need more time.

I told him I was going to ask the nannies/caregivers here who can come to his office this Saturday Oct 8 at 1p (he said the closest subway is Broadview stn,). As soon as I see there are people confirming here to go to the meeting I will confirm with him by email, get his office address and post here.
I just msg. Atty.fabregas to email to me his email add so that I can forward the poster that Katiela did.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
anybody from montreal?

there is an announcement from AAFQ

Association des aides familiales du Québec

2348, Jean-Talon Est, bur. 407
Montréal (Qc) H2E 1V7
www.aafq.ca

There is an information session, on Sunday, October 16th from 10 to 12am
at the above address.

many caregiver will come to this place so anyone from this forum would like to join me to convince these people to come and unite with us with one goal in mind: THAT IS FAST PROCESSING AND REUNIFICATION WITH OUR FAMILIES.

please pm me with you email or contact no.

see you there!

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
Girls,

I'm in contact with Fabregas now. we are editing the poster. As soon as we set up everything I will start send to you guys.

I hope until friday, then you can take to your meeting saturday.