+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LIC Peaceful Public Protest in Toronto Oct/2011

lucyfun

Jul 14, 2011
What I am going to say...... what I am going to do for myself and you guys.......
I am in Alberta and I dont know the other LICs not at all. Its too far from Toronto.....
My situatoin is not too bad.other wide I would do the protest by my self.I dont mind to stand or to knee on the street alone with the poster if I really need to do so......
But I miss my fimily in China very very much.......
Just pray for you guys to get the best effection on thanksgiving day.......
one Question:
How can I join you on facebook?

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke ,ON.
LANDED..........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke,ON. Received PR CARD: 27-11-2012
lucyfun said:
What I am going to say...... what I am going to do for myself and you guys.......
I am in Alberta and I dont know the other LICs not at all. Its too far from Toronto.....
My situatoin is not too bad.other wide I would do the protest by my self.I dont mind to stand or to knee on the street alone with the poster if I really need to do so......
But I miss my fimily in China very very much.......
Just pray for you guys to get the best effection on thanksgiving day.......
one Question:
How can I join you on facebook?

at facebook just search STRIKE NANNIES

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
Hi guys!
Read all your posts, comments and disappointments. If I may suggest, We need a caregiver who will act as a leader in Toronto area(wish I'm near and not busy job hunting huh!)or a volunteer who will set the date and time for a meeting and invite a legal counsel(maybe Atty. Fabregas, Olivia Chow as well)for their ideas. Well informed, well versed caregiver who will do the talking(includes long term plan-PR upon arrival, processing time). To those who are committed to attend PM rikrik, Boyzone and exchange numbers with them and give your numbers to those who are interested. I know some people in FB who wants to participate as well. Posters and slogan, let somebody edit/proof-read since most of us are not English native speakers. Lets start the ball rolling and Good luck to all of us! May the force be with you!

Nanny16

Jul 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,
Let's decide it.
People from Toronto, please post your thoughts. What do you Guys think about we protest @ Dundas Square on thanksgiven day at noon???
I think we should also get together in a Tim Hortons ,maybe, to sit down and organize a plan!

I also think that we should talk one to one, express ourselves to every canadian citizen that has a heart beating in their chests!
We don't vote, but they do! Let's show them our disapointments with the government that they are supporting!

Please,
Start posting only the nannies that WILL ATTEND

1- Nanny16

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
atty fabregas message. i'll copy this post to him.

Please try to get a sense oh how others feel about this.(conditional pr) In addition to the more appropriate message for the protest, we also need a single, clear message. So we need broad support for the call for change, and of course the call for conditional PR.

GLana

Sep 12, 2011
Katileia,
I suggest some changes. See below (changes are in orange):

katileia said:
I had a idea for a poster...
LAST NEWS
It was found a Slaver working at immigration ministry, His name is Jason Kenney!"​
The slaves were brought to Canada to work as caregivers, with promises of landed Immigration status fast as soon as they work for 2 years but Mr. Kenney is holding those slaves' Permanent Resident Applications and making them work without safety, no health care, a very low income and most of the times feeling stressed with the high charge of work and being threaten by the families that hired them. The slaves also feel emotionally hurt being in Canada for years without been able to have their families with them."
At the same time Canada really needs Caregivers on its Labour Market for the Canadian Economy to work because the government do not have any daycare for the population. (Is this really true?? I didnt know that.. I guess all the daycare around is private right?)
If you are concerned about child slaves in Asia, refuges from East Europe wars, you should look to your community and find out that there are a lot of people here in Canada working under bad conditions with hope of getting their Permanent Residence, but the government is holding it, making the process way to long.
Why? Ask your questions to Mr. Jason Kenney...I believe he will be happy to answer you...."

Support the Live in Caregiver Program for better work conditions, PR upon arrival, faster processing time, stable heath care...

Canada you need us but now we need your support! Please join us in this cause!

Day:
Hour:
Place:

GLana

Sep 12, 2011
Nanny16 said:
Guys,
Let's decide it.
People from Toronto, please post your thoughts. What do you Guys think about we protest @ Dundas Square on thanksgiven day at noon???
I think we should also get together in a Tim Hortons ,maybe, to sit down and organize a plan!

I also think that we should talk one to one, express ourselves to every canadian citizen that has a heart beating in their chests!
We don't vote, but they do! Let's show them our disapointments with the government that they are supporting!

Please,

1- Nanny16
I like the ideia about Dundas Square, but I'm not sure if they will alow us to do there. I say this because last march I tried t do some photo shooting on the square (for a girl event) and the security guard told us we can not do it on the square... so we did on the middle of the street and on the sidewalk. :p
I think we should ask someone (atw Fabregas ?) if it is necessary to get someone authorization to be able to use a street (our on this case maybe just one block..) for the protest. I imagine the city will probably want to put police to help the transit go around the block or so... I dont have tweet.. who can ask him?

Lest see how may people can attend the protest on thanksgiving day (monday Oct 10, at 12p).
If you want to be part of the LIC Peaceful Public Protest in Toronto, please put your name on this list. AND if you can do it on Monday Oct 10, put "OK" on the side of your name.

1- Nanny16 OK
2- GLana (for me its better at 2p)

hardwokerAngel

May 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GLana said:
I am in Toronto and I will be one with whoever want to do a peaceful public protest in Toronto about all we are going through on the Live in Caregiver Process.

Please, post on this forun ONLY if you want to attend and/or help setting up the Protest.

Things we need to find out to make this happen:

1. Are you coming?
2. Is Thanksgiving a good day for you? (monday, Oct 10)
3. Where is our protest taking place? What street/park? What time? Do you have an idea?
4. What are we going to say/protest about?
5. How are we going to do it? Big papers saying a few impact phrases and/or hand out flyers with more info about our situation, speak loud on megaphone... What can you help with?

Lets answer these questions first and keep going from here so we can get this really happing ;)
Count me in and Im willing to print out flyers but I can't go if you guys choose Oct.10 as My husband has a family gathering on this date.

Genereso

Oct 3, 2011
You have to consider the weather for one also planning the protest should be done in person not online you can circulate your announcement online but key people should meet in person

Let us be very clear withe issues, demands and what we are proposing

Is thanksgiving a good day? Remember that people usually gather for their thanksgiving meal around this time

Plan properly and not rush it is better that we meet with a few supportive MPs and allies who can support
These area my thoughts for now

kemoya22

Jun 11, 2011
Guys,
Let's decide it.

Please,

1- Nanny16

I like the ideia about Dundas Square, but I'm not sure if they will alow us to do there. I say this because last march I tried t do some photo shooting on the square (for a girl event) and the security guard told us we can not do it on the square... so we did on the middle of the street and on the sidewalk. :p
I think we should ask someone (atw Fabregas ?) if it is necessary to get someone authorization to be able to use a street (our on this case maybe just one block..) for the protest. I imagine the city will probably want to put police to help the transit go around the block or so... I dont have tweet.. who can ask him?

Lest see how may people can attend the protest on thanksgiving day (monday Oct 10, at 12p).
If you want to be part of the LIC Peaceful Public Protest in Toronto, please put your name on this list. AND if you can do it on Monday Oct 10, put "OK" on the side of your name.

1- Nanny16 OK
3- kemoya22 ok

GLana

Sep 12, 2011

1- Nanny16 OK
3- kemoya22 ok
4- HardworkerAngel (better another day)

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
The poster is done. I need your email guys to send for you to check

Please email me in privacy

vancouverbr@yahoo.ca

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
Well planned protest--no rush, IMO. Just a suggestion, a meeting(not online) before deciding the date. So at least we will know how many will be there and discuss the issues.

GLana

Sep 12, 2011
hardwokerAngel said:
Count me in and Im willing to print out flyers but I can't go if you guys choose Oct.10 as My husband has a family gathering on this date.
I agree with Generoso that we should not rush, talk with key people first and then choose a day.
hardworkerAngel, I dont know for sure if I can go on Monday either... I need to check when my sister-in-law family will have their thanksgiving..
Said that, I believe the protest will get more eyes if we do it on a Saturday (because most people are not busy with their work, and go out shopping or stay home watching tv or listening to the radio..) there's a bigger chance that people will see/hear about us. What do you think?

I think we should let the day open for now and just make a list of who is interested on participating in the protest in public. And start designing the flyers and talk with people to help us.

I have no idea how to talk with MPs.
Someone said on the other post about someone that could help us as well (a woman?) Anyone knows who? I cant find the post anymore..

Katileia, the poster is getting awesome! Take a look on the adjustment I sent to you.