+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LIC Peaceful Public Protest in Toronto Oct/2011

GLana

Sep 12, 2011
Bambiegirl said:
Well planned protest--no rush, IMO. Just a suggestion, a meeting(not online) before deciding the date. So at least we will know how many will be there and discuss the issues.
Nannies/Caregivers in Toronto:
How about we meet this Saturday, Oct 8, at 3p on a Tim Hortons to plan everything? Give a suggestion of one close to public transport (subway) so it will be the easier access for all.

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
If the poster get approved from Fabregas we could start to print and start to send to all nannies this weekend...even give some for people on the streets...

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke ,ON.
LANDED..........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke,ON. Received PR CARD: 27-11-2012
Eventhough i received my OWP 9 months ago and enjoying my new job as a Chef i am still with you guys and i really want to show my sincere support also, But we must plan this very carefully and not rushing things up just to catch up the thanksgiving day.
I have work on October 8 (saturday) from 9am-11pm I would be glad if you can have the meeting close to my work at Bathurst and Steeles maybe at Country Style? So that i can just run over and meet you guys.even just for a few minutes.

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Strikenannies said:
If the poster get approved from Fabregas we could start to print and start to send to all nannies this weekend...even give some for people on the streets...
sorry guys, i can't come in this strike. i'm in a different province but i'm willing to help in ways i can.
i received a mail from atty. fabregas and this is what he said..

"Please call Chris at 18005598092 anytime tonight to help organize this. He is a very good friend. You can trust him"

too those who are organizer of this... i guess this is the guy that will give us a hand.. let's make this happen. thanks

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
from atty fabregas:

"Thanks. I also believe you can make change happen and I just want you to succeed. Keep me posted. For all your honorable intentions, you need to get the broader support of others in order to for change in the LCP. "

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Although I am not a care giver, I have read this thread with interest and would like to ask a few questions, if I may.

With the current government in a majority and the reduction in budget for the immigration department, do you believe that by trying to push officials into a new agenda, they may well decide the current care giver plan is just too much trouble and cancel it?

Canada right now is very focused on creating jobs for Canadians, do you think that the politicians may well decide that by cancelling foreign live in care givers, this would free up more jobs for Canadians?

Without the live in care giver option, would there be any other way you could immigrate to Canada?

I ask these questions, mainly out of interest but also with a 'beware' note. Recent immigrants complained loudly about the length of time it was taking to get parents into Canada. The governments answer was to increase time lines and reduce the number of parents/grandparents it would allow into Canada per year.

If, as I believe Canada is doing and following Australia with their immigration policy, you could well see the live in care giver immigration route disappear. I could be wrong but I know of no other Country in the world that has this option currently. Without this, there is very little chance for a lot of people to even be able to come over here, let alone bring their immediate families.

I am concerned, that by taking this kind of action, you may well be biting the hand that feeds you.

Just my thoughts, I have good friends here, that started out as care givers, worked, got their PR and families here and are now settled happily. I would hate to see this option disappear from the immigration program and therefore stop the chance of 1000's of people starting a new life in Canada. One they would have no chance of obtaining without this system in place.

:) :)

GLana

Sep 12, 2011
angelbrat said:
Although I am not a care giver, I have read this thread with interest and would like to ask a few questions, if I may.

With the current government in a majority and the reduction in budget for the immigration department, do you believe that by trying to push officials into a new agenda, they may well decide the current care giver plan is just too much trouble and cancel it?

Canada right now is very focused on creating jobs for Canadians, do you think that the politicians may well decide that by cancelling foreign live in care givers, this would free up more jobs for Canadians?

Without the live in care giver option, would there be any other way you could immigrate to Canada?

I ask these questions, mainly out of interest but also with a 'beware' note. Recent immigrants complained loudly about the length of time it was taking to get parents into Canada. The governments answer was to increase time lines and reduce the number of parents/grandparents it would allow into Canada per year.

If, as I believe Canada is doing and following Australia with their immigration policy, you could well see the live in care giver immigration route disappear. I could be wrong but I know of no other Country in the world that has this option currently. Without this, there is very little chance for a lot of people to even be able to come over here, let alone bring their immediate families.

I am concerned, that by taking this kind of action, you may well be biting the hand that feeds you.

Just my thoughts, I have good friends here, that started out as care givers, worked, got their PR and families here and are now settled happily. I would hate to see this option disappear from the immigration program and therefore stop the chance of 1000's of people starting a new life in Canada. One they would have no chance of obtaining without this system in place.

I dont agree with you.
And reading what you said sounds like you really don't know much about the Live in Caregiver Program.
First at all, any Canadian want to work as a live-in caregiver, thats why the government created this LICP: to help Canada Economy to grow.

Second, yes, there are many other ways to immigrate. Per example, if I knew that coming as a nanny would make the process of becoming a Permanent resident so long I would rather choose to come through the skilled worker process.
Im not afraid, even if in worst case scenario they decide to stop hiring workers though the LIC, it will still be better then be a caregiver the way it is now.

GLana

Sep 12, 2011
Strikenannies said:
What do you think about adding the day, time and place of the protest on this poster as well? This need to be done BEFORE we print it or send to all nannies, of course.

When we get it approved by Fabregas we can start choosing the day.

GLana

Sep 12, 2011
sarah cunanan said:
sorry guys, i can't come in this strike. i'm in a different province but i'm willing to help in ways i can.
i received a mail from atty. fabregas and this is what he said..

"Please call Chris at 18005598092 anytime tonight to help organize this. He is a very good friend. You can trust him"

too those who are organizer of this... i guess this is the guy that will give us a hand.. let's make this happen. thanks
Thanks Sarah. I will see this tomorrow (its too late to call today)

Genereso

Oct 3, 2011
Migrante Canada can help us meet MPs with Rafael
I spoke to Migrante organizer and suggested that you guys call their Canada toll free number 18005598092 they can help us prepare statements and plan the action properly

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
sarah cunanan said:
@ strikenannies atty.fabregras said he hasn't receive any sample poster. kindly resend tnx
SARAH, I DON'T HAVE HIS EMAIL BECAUSE OF IT I DIDN'T SEND STRAIGHT TO HIM, I HAD SEND TO SOMEONE TO SEND TO HIM...DO YOU HAVE HIS EMAIL? I CAN EMAIL YOU AND YOU CAN EMAIL HIM..

PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
Strikenannies said:
SARAH, I DON'T HAVE HIS EMAIL BECAUSE OF IT I DIDN'T SEND STRAIGHT TO HIM, I HAD SEND TO SOMEONE TO SEND TO HIM...DO YOU HAVE HIS EMAIL? I CAN EMAIL YOU AND YOU CAN EMAIL HIM..

PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!
hi! you sent it to me...just opened my other email...just read it awhile ago. I dont have Atty. Fabregas' email add as well....Im reading the poster and making some suggestions as well if its not too late....Ill post it later. Sorry guys been busy lately.

Nanny16

Jul 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelbrat said:

Without the live in care giver option, would there be any other way you could immigrate to Canad

Just my thoughts, I have good friends here, that started out as care givers, worked, got their PR and families here and are now settled happily. I would hate to see this option disappear from the immigration program and therefore stop the chance of 1000's of people starting a new life in Canada. One they would have no chance of obtaining without this system in place

We are protesting against the conditions that we are being obligated to live with.
People are being separated from their families for longer time, and with the processing times just increasing,
it is really hard to have a future plan!

There is no reasons to be concerned, Angelbrat, but we can't simply put up with all of this! It's too painful! ( I wonder if other nannies feel the way I feel, cos I haven't seen any rage until now).

Canada is a democratic country, everyone has the right of speech, and that's what we're planning to do, EXPRESS OURSELVES!

In addition to that, I believe nobody would accept coming to Canada to stay under this situation, I wouldn't come if I knew I had to go throught all of this! We want to improve the program, that's all!

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
angelbrat said:

Sorry you are able to understand our situation only if you are or you were a caregiver, but I will describe a little, just a little what it is..

We are away from our country and we had decided to come to Canada and work for 2 years until we get our PR. The process is taking almost more 2 years to be finish. It was suppose to be 6 months.

Beside it, we don't have health care, we can't get out of the country, change employers is taking so long that's better to wait for OWP and accept the currently employer, even being a hard word, more that it's already. Let's suck up!!!

You don't have idea...Sleep in basement with no privacy, abusive families that make you to work on weekends, make you to be a mom, teacher, personal trainer, housekeeper, dog walker, friend and still smile at the end of the day...like you are the most fortunate person in the world for working for this family...but do not forget that they have 3/4 kids, very disrespectful and with no limits...sometimes nice, most not. But we look after then with all our love and care.

Ahhhh!! The wage...8,25 dollars per hour, if you have a cool boss she will pay you 9...And be happy about it, because as she says "her friends pays way less for their nanny". If they take vacation, you take too, you can't even choose when you want to take your 2 miserable weeks...if you decide do not take at all...she will bank those hours...

Your boss is bossy and she call you several times a day just to check if everything it's ok and ask you to do more things, sometimes shopping, sometimes a meal...

How this sounds to you? I dont want to offend you I just want to show our reality and make you understand why we can't wait for it anymore...It's our right , our OWP, our PR..we worked for it and we deserve to be granted.

Can you help us? So if you are really interested in our cause, please talk with your friends and families about it...twitt Jason Kenney and ask about this delay...maybe he will answer you maybe not...but at least you did your part...