+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter Of Reference for University | 8 Year experience

prabhjot.325

Jun 8, 2021
This query is regarding Letter of Reference for Admission.
In my Case, I have 8 years of Professional experience as Software Engineer, and it would be difficult to provide reference letter from Academic/University Professors because at this time they may not evaluate my current skill set and professional experience, and few of my professors of them already moved.

In my scenario, may I provide my Supervisor or Senior Employee's Reference letter from my Current Company (Where I am working from last 7 years). They can better evaluate my research/professional skills.

As per UoR website: Choose referees who know your skills and experience, and can communicate your ability to succeed as a graduate student. I believe it make more sense to share Letter of Reference from my Colleagues or Seniors, right ?

But question here is, Is the Letter of Reference can only be provided by University Professors or we could go ahead for employees refers as per Regina University ?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
This query is regarding Letter of Reference for Admission.
In my Case, I have 8 years of Professional experience as Software Engineer, and it would be difficult to provide reference letter from Academic/University Professors because at this time they may not evaluate my current skill set and professional experience, and few of my professors of them already moved.

In my scenario, may I provide my Supervisor or Senior Employee's Reference letter from my Current Company (Where I am working from last 7 years). They can better evaluate my research/professional skills.

As per UoR website: Choose referees who know your skills and experience, and can communicate your ability to succeed as a graduate student. I believe it make more sense to share Letter of Reference from my Colleagues or Seniors, right ?

But question here is, Is the Letter of Reference can only be provided by University Professors or we could go ahead for employees refers as per Regina University ?
In most case they want two, one from immediate supervisor and other from the academician. I’m not sure if it should come from someone who happened to be your teacher or any other academician who have known you for sometime and can attest your ability. In reference to UoR requirement, imo your supervisor can provide reference letter but you need to confirm with them if you can

Reactions: wonderbly

prabhjot.325

Jun 8, 2021
In most case they want two, one from immediate supervisor and other from the academician. I’m not sure if it should come from someone who happened to be your teacher or any other academician who have known you for sometime and can attest your ability. In reference to UoR requirement, imo your supervisor can provide reference letter but you need to confirm with them if you can

Yes, I sent email to them and they just confirmed. One letter from both will work.

Because of Covid-19, college staff would not be available, they may not able to provide the LOR on letter head.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Some schools strictly wants academic referees only while some accepts 1 of each.

I am admitted to uRegina and I provided 1 academic and 1 professional. I had to track down my professors from 17 years ago.

prabhjot.325

Jun 8, 2021
I provides academic reference but my refree asst. professor sent in jpeg format from official email id. University not accepting and asking to provide in pdf format.
Is the file format really matters here?

Now, it's tough time to get reply from professor to send same files in different format.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I provides academic reference but my refree asst. professor sent in jpeg format from official email id. University not accepting and asking to provide in pdf format.
Is the file format really matters here?

Now, it's tough time to get reply from professor to send same files in different format.
It is frastruating in 21st century that they cant proceed because of the extension format, evenif it is readable.. University could simply convert to pdf if that is the requirement to upload. Anyway, make effort to get your prof

mansiib

Jul 6, 2015
Hi
I want to apply for university of regina for masters

Is it ok to provide letters from two professors.
Also in email references do I need to give them any format or college has their own format.. Pls guide me