+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter Of Introduction Validity

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
My wife was accepted for the September 2022 intake and applied for her Study Permit + an Open Work Permit for me back in March 5, 2022. The original dates of her program were:

* Start of Studies - September 2022
* End of Studies - April 2024

The College's fee due date was in June 25 but because at the time, we hadn't received any feedback from IRCC, she deferred for the January 2023 term. The new dates of her study program are:

* Start of Studies - January 2023
* End of Studies - August 2024

We submitted the new Letter of Acceptance for the January 2022 intake via webform to IRCC. Today, we received the Letter of Introduction from IRCC with the following date:

* Letter of Introduction Validity - July 2024

1. The fact that the validity date of the Introduction Letter expires one month before my wife's studies will affect us in any way? Will it affect the validity of her Study Permit?

2. Could we face any issues when entering Canada because of the deferral?

Thank you! Every feedback is appreciated!

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
My wife was accepted for the September 2022 intake and applied for her Study Permit + an Open Work Permit for me back in March 5, 2022. The original dates of her program were:

* Start of Studies - September 2022
* End of Studies - April 2024

The College's fee due date was in June 25 but because at the time, we hadn't received any feedback from IRCC, she deferred for the January 2023 term. The new dates of her study program are:

* Start of Studies - January 2023
* End of Studies - August 2024

We submitted the new Letter of Acceptance for the January 2022 intake via webform to IRCC. Today, we received the Letter of Introduction from IRCC with the following date:

* Letter of Introduction Validity - July 2024

1. The fact that the validity date of the Introduction Letter expires one month before my wife's studies will affect us in any way? Will it affect the validity of her Study Permit?

2. Could we face any issues when entering Canada because of the deferral?

Thank you! Every feedback is appreciated!
1. The study permit will be valid as same validity of letter of introduction. But, You will not face any major issue in this case. If, your program ends within your study permit then you are good to go, Otherwise You can always extend your study permit within Canada. ( In most of case, study ends 2 to 3 months before the end date of study program )

2. To answer your 2nd question , What is your communication going on with college? Is your defer accepted by college? Now, Which intake you are going for Fall 2022 or Jan 23??

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
1. The study permit will be valid as same validity of letter of introduction. But, You will not face any major issue in this case. If, your program ends within your study permit then you are good to go, Otherwise You can always extend your study permit within Canada. ( In most of case, study ends 2 to 3 months before the end date of study program )

2. To answer your 2nd question , What is your communication going on with college? Is your defer accepted by college? Now, Which intake you are going for Fall 2022 or Jan 23??
Thank for your reply!

1. The letter of introduction expires in July 2024. The Study program end date is August 2024, a month beyond the validity of the Letter of Introduction. This is my main concern.

2. The college accepted the deferral and issued a new Letter of Acceptance for the January 2023 term, which was forwarded to IRCC via webform. Our plan is to go for the January 2023 term but if the validity of the introduction letter is linked to the study permit validity, then we might considering asking the college to let my wife start in September 2022.

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
Thank for your reply!

1. The letter of introduction expires in July 2024. The Study program end date is August 2024, a month beyond the validity of the Letter of Introduction. This is my main concern.

2. The college accepted the deferral and issued a new Letter of Acceptance for the January 2023 term, which was forwarded to IRCC via webform. Our plan is to go for the January 2023 term but if the validity of the introduction letter is linked to the study permit validity, then we might considering asking the college to let my wife start in September 2022.
1. There is no issue if your study ends after the expiry date of Letter of introduction. The letter of introduction is used as reference at port of entry to issue study permit. As I mentioned above, You can always extend your study permit if your program ends beyond the validity of study permit.

2. Try to talk to college first and check for availability of seats for selected program. If, Seat is still available then get enrolment letter before travel. If, Fall intake is full, Then you can come in Jan intake without any issues...

If you still have questions, feel free to ask. I am gone through these situations in past....

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
Thank for your reply!

Your letter of introduction and study visa decision is made based on Fall Sep 2022 LOA

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Your letter of introduction and study visa decision is made based on Fall Sep 2022 LOA
If my wife goes for the January 2023 term, is there a chance that the Study Permit is issued with a validity covering the hole duration of her studies? Or is it 100% sure that the Study Permit validity will match the Letter of Introduction validity?

We do not want to request an extension of the Study Permit, mainly because of the current delays from IRCC.

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
If my wife goes for the January 2023 term, is there a chance that the Study Permit is issued with a validity covering the hole duration of her studies? Or is it 100% sure that the Study Permit validity will match the Letter of Introduction validity?

We do not want to request an extension of the Study Permit, mainly because of the current delays from IRCC.
Although It is sure in most of cases that You will get study permit as same validity of Letter of introduction. Because You are approved on based of Fall Sep 2022 intake. But, You can explain your situation to boarder immigration officer with updated LOA, They might give you extra 2 months study permit. It is totally depend on boarder officer and no one can predict.

Do you have CO-OP with your program??

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Although It is sure in most of cases that You will get study permit as same validity of Letter of introduction. Because You are approved on based of Fall Sep 2022 intake. But, You can explain your situation to boarder immigration officer with updated LOA, They might give you extra 2 months study permit. It is totally depend on boarder officer and no one can predict.

Do you have CO-OP with your program??

That's what I'm thinking... at the end, there is no way of knowing until we are at the border.

The study program indeed has a work component so when asked if there is a CO-OP in the program, we answered YES.

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
That's what I'm thinking... at the end, there is no way of knowing until we are at the border.

The study program indeed has a work component so when asked if there is a CO-OP in the program, we answered YES.
Yes right, You cant change now anything until you reach at Canada boarder as your application is closed now.

You must talk to college first. explain your situation and update your approval documents to college. If, college still agree to give you seat in Sep 2022 intake then You are good to go...

Reactions: Geet7

ali_ahmad

Apr 3, 2021
Hi,
I have a query and would really appreciate if someone can help me out.

My wife spousal work permit was approved. She has a Letter of Introduction with expiry date of 22nd July 2023. She is planning to come on 16th June to Canada. Her medical is still valid. My question is that would there be any issues in getting work permit at POE if her TRV and Introduction of letter is expiring around 35 days of her arrival in Canada. Would border officer raise questions that why is she coming so late even though her spousal work permit was approved 7-8 months back.

Would really appreciate if someone can help me out on this.

Thank you

mile80

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023

hello, can you share your experience with the officer at the end?

adam707

Sep 4, 2023
Hey, I have applied for study permit on 18 September 2023 and on 15 November IRCC requested for my passport I have sent the passport on 17 November 2023, but when will i get my letter of introduction I have a flight in mid of December.
Kindly guide
Thanks.

architgarg

Aug 25, 2023
Hey, I have applied for study permit on 18 September 2023 and on 15 November IRCC requested for my passport I have sent the passport on 17 November 2023, but when will i get my letter of introduction I have a flight in mid of December.
Kindly guide
Thanks.
You might get one after the counterfoil is done, but why would you risk the airline ticket before getting the visa stamp, anyways good luck

adam707

Sep 4, 2023
You might get one after the counterfoil is done, but why would you risk the airline ticket before getting the visa stamp, anyways good luck
Its's kind of confirmed because they have mentioned that my application is approved in final decision, moreover i didn't give fake information so i believe Visa will be stamped I'm now worried about letter of introduction because i really want it before 21 December. VFS office said that It will take 10 to 15 days for passport to get back.

architgarg

Aug 25, 2023
Its's kind of confirmed because they have mentioned that my application is approved in final decision, moreover i didn't give fake information so i believe Visa will be stamped I'm now worried about letter of introduction because i really want it before 21 December. VFS office said that It will take 10 to 15 days for passport to get back.
If that's the case, you should get LOI or POE after the visa stamping process is completed