+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Employment and Reference Letter

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Hi, I just got my ITA and applying in Canadian Experience Class.

I have received a reference letter from my workplace mentioning my position, work hours and duties, NOC as well as salary. I understand that I need to submit it along with paystubs and T4 slip in the Employment Records section.

However there is another section, its called Letter of Employment. this is the description -

An employment letter is an official document printed on company letterhead stating that you will be employed in Canada by that company for a specified period of time. The employment letter must include your name, the details of your employment in Canada, and the company's contact information.

Now, when I joined my current workplace, after verbal agreement I got the direct contract. My question is given my Employment Reference letter has everything they asked for in Letter of Employment do I need a separate Letter of Employment from my workplace ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you have a valid job offer? Did you claim the 50 points for a valid job offer? What kind of work permit do you have?

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Do you have a valid job offer? Did you claim the 50 points for a valid job offer? What kind of work permit do you have?
I have Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP). I did not get 50 points for a job offer. I did get 40 points for Canadian Work Experience since I work in a software company after graduation last year.

Rest of the points came from Education, Canadian Education, Age, English proficiency.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then you do not have a valid job offer. Modify your first question under the intended work section and the placeholders for "letter of employment" and "offer of employment" will disappear. Those do not apply to you.

optimus1509

Star Member
Oct 10, 2015
Then you do not have a valid job offer. Modify your first question under the intended work section and the placeholders for "letter of employment" and "offer of employment" will disappear. Those do not apply to you.
@DelPeiro07 I have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer. This offer does not state the skill type and NOC code. It states all other criteria such as roles and responsibilities, start and end dates, work hours, pay, position etc. Do you foresee any issues because of the NOC code? Please advise.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@DelPeiro07 I have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer. This offer does not state the skill type and NOC code. It states all other criteria such as roles and responsibilities, start and end dates, work hours, pay, position etc. Do you foresee any issues because of the NOC code? Please advise.
No issues.

Reactions: optimus1509

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Thanks that worked.

AmB20

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
hi,
I have a query on the work experience tab while creating EE profile:

I have worked with the same employer since 2009. However, I was deputed to USA in 2014, so should I add two employment rows while creating my express entry profile, i.e. one from 2009 to 2014 with Location as India and another one from 2014 to Current with Location as USA. Or just one row from 2009 to current and location as USA.

Please help me with that.
Thanks!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
hi,
I have a query on the work experience tab while creating EE profile:

I have worked with the same employer since 2009. However, I was deputed to USA in 2014, so should I add two employment rows while creating my express entry profile, i.e. one from 2009 to 2014 with Location as India and another one from 2014 to Current with Location as USA. Or just one row from 2009 to current and location as USA.

Please help me with that.
Thanks!
Yes, treat them as 2 separate jobs...