+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lets share timelines 2014 live in caregiver PR/OWP Applications

Mharnieyah

Mar 27, 2014
@Neng23

Read this...;)

Improvements to the Caregiver Program

Formally known as the Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP), the Caregiver Program has been a feature of Canada’s immigration system for many years as a component of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program.
The Caregiver Program enables Canadian employers to recruit foreign nationals to live and work in their homes to provide childcare or home support for seniors or people with disabilities when there is a shortage of Canadians or permanent residents to fill available positions. After two years of work, caregivers have the option of applying for permanent residence.
The Government of Canada values the contributions caregivers make to Canadian families and after extensive consultations, has made reforms to improve the Caregiver Program by ending the live-in requirement, reducing family separation and providing more options to caregivers in Canada.
Backlog reduction

The current LCP has a significant backlog of applications for permanent residence.
For those who have spouses and/or children at home, lengthy processing times usually mean an extended period of separation from their loved ones.
CIC nearly doubled permanent resident admissions levels for caregivers in 2014, with the 2014 levels plan setting out an all-time record of 17,500 admissions.
The Government plans to admit 30,000 caregivers (including their spouses and dependants) in 2015, ramping up the processing of applications from those who have completed their work experience but are facing long waits for their permanent residence to be finalized.
End of the live-in requirement

Requiring caregivers to live in the home of their employer can place them in vulnerable situations, including uncompensated overtime, poor working conditions, or worse, until they are able to achieve permanent residence status.
With the absence of Canadian live-in caregivers to compare to, the prevailing wage rate for live-in caregivers has generally been skewed. This situation distorts the labour market for Canadians working in this field and has kept the salaries paid to foreign caregivers artificially low.
The removal of the live-in requirement will result in greater opportunities for Canadians in caregiver occupations and an increase in wages for caregivers hired from abroad after employers clearly demonstrate that there are no Canadians available for the job.
Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) applications sent from employers to Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) after November 30, 2014, will only include a live-in arrangement if the employer and caregiver have agreed to that arrangement. In those cases, the LMIA will include an assessment of the living arrangements and employers will not be permitted to make room and board deductions from the wages of the caregiver.
Caring for Children Pathway

On November 30, 2014, a pathway for child care providers will be launched and applications will be processed within six months.
The requirements for the pathway include:
two years of full-time work experience in Canada as a home child care provider within the past four years;
a minimum language requirement of “initial intermediate” by meeting Canadian Language Benchmark 5 in a designated third-party language test; and
a Canadian post-secondary education credential of at least one year, or an equivalent foreign credentialsupported by an Educational Credential Assessment.
The number of applications through this program each year will be capped at 2,750 principal applicants. Spouses and dependants will not be counted against the cap.
The caregiver will no longer be required to live in the home of their employer.
Caring for People with High Medical Needs Pathway

On November 30, 2014, a pathway will be launched for caregivers who provide support to those with high medical needs and applications will be processed within six months.
This program will feature criteria that many current live-in caregivers already meet. The requirements for the pathway include:
two years of full-time work experience in Canada providing in-home care or care in a health facility to the elderly or persons with disabilities or chronic disease as, for example, a registered nurse, a registered psychiatric nurse, a licensed practical nurse, a nurse aide, a patient service associate or a home support worker;
demonstrating that they are licensed to practice in Canada, if applicable;
a minimum language requirement of “intermediate” by meeting Canadian Language Benchmark 7 in a designated third-party language test, if applying as a registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse;
a minimum language requirement of “initial intermediate” by meeting Canadian Language Benchmark 5 in a designated third-party language test, if applying in any other qualifying occupation; and
a Canadian post-secondary education credential of at least one year, or an equivalent foreign credential supported by an Educational Credential Assessment.
The occupations chosen for this pathway were identified in consultation with ESDC and Health Canada as health-care occupations that are likely to experience labour shortages in the future.
Additional information about the pathways to permanent residence will be made available on CIC’s website prior to their launch on November 30, 2014.
Additional information for employers about applying for a Labour Market Impact Assessment for caregivers after November 30th will be made available on ESDC’s website prior to the implementation of the changes.

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
Viperzenia said:
mylady833 hi..i'm done... nakaraos na ...nxt step vacation time n without card yet...take care mylady thanks a lot for your help... ;)
Congrats Girl!!!! Enjoy your holiday :)

Yen27

Jun 18, 2014
Meron pa po ba dto nag medical na family last August but till now di pa nag update sa Ecas na medical received??

Vhen

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 april 2014
Med's Request
31 july 2014
Med's Done....
20 august 2014
Interview........
July 14 2015
Passport Req..
03 february 2015
LANDED..........
july 14 2015
Yen27 said:
Meron pa po ba dto nag medical na family last August but till now di pa nag update sa Ecas na medical received??
Same here yen2!
August din ngmed family ko till now dpa naaupdate ung ecas ko..

Yen27

Jun 18, 2014
Vhen said:
Same here yen2!
August din ngmed family ko till now dpa naaupdate ung ecas ko..
Hi Vhen! Tumawag na ko twice sa CIC to confirm kung nandun na result nang medical at documents nandun naman na daw lahat. Pero sa Ecas ko di pa din na update. Ung Ibang friends ko na update na sa medical recieved pero sa kin Wala talaga update.

Vhen

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 april 2014
Med's Request
31 july 2014
Med's Done....
20 august 2014
Interview........
July 14 2015
Passport Req..
03 february 2015
LANDED..........
july 14 2015
Same b ung timeline nila sa atin?.. tumawag din ako last month sbi andun nman daw then nung tumawag ako ulit sbi ng agent wla daw xa msbi pa hntayin n lng daw until march kz on process pa daw..
Ang tagal nga kung hanggang march pa nila iupdate na medical received na dba?

Yen27

Jun 18, 2014
Vhen said:
Same b ung timeline nila sa atin?.. tumawag din ako last month sbi andun nman daw then nung tumawag ako ulit sbi ng agent wla daw xa msbi pa hntayin n lng daw until march kz on process pa daw..
Ang tagal nga kung hanggang march pa nila iupdate na medical received na dba?
Nung tumawag ako 2nd week October sabi agent Nandun na daw pero wait for 3 months to update your status sa Ecas daw. Nung tumawag ako last Friday sabi nandun na lahat pati ung latest document na hiningi sa min from my husband's work. Sabi just wait for the office to contact you ang sabi nung kausap ko.

Toronto23

Oct 15, 2012
Seems like we all got the same response from them since August 2014 till now ecas not changed however dependant medical and addtl documents have been received,I was reminded about 39 mos processing as well so all we can do is wait and the faith

rolene lj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Hi @Vhen, @Yen27 & @Toronto23! Best luck to all of u guys. I had a feeling...probably this week & before this month of November end, your email from the Cic is coming confirming that your family need to submit there original pasport to the Canadian Embassy. My friend already have the email & she had the same timeline as yours. God bless us all. I will include u in my prayers.

rolene lj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Hi @ Vhen, @Yen27 & @Toronto23! All of u are 1 month ahead in my timeline. Just keep the faith. Have faith that your prayers will be answered."For we walk by faith not by sight:"2 Corinthian 5:7 God bless.

crazybaldhead

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Applctn rcvd JUNE 18,2012, Start to prcssd Dec 8,2013
Med's Request
Aug 1,2014
Med's Done....
Aug 7,2014 IOM,
Interview........
February 16,2015
Passport Req..
January 26,2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 25,2015, VISA ON HAND April 20,2015
LANDED..........
May 9,2015
Yen27 said:
I did my medcal last aug 7 at IOM , and im still waiting for ppr, and interview ng lc1.. Ano po time line nyo? If u dont mind.. Thanks

crazybaldhead

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Aug 1,2014
Med's Done....
Aug 7,2014 IOM,
Interview........
February 16,2015
Passport Req..
January 26,2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 9,2015
rolene lj said:
Hi @ Vhen, @ Yen27 & @ Toronto23! Best luck to all of u guys. I had a feeling...probably this week & before this month of November end, your email from the Cic is coming confirming that your family need to submit there original pasport to the Canadian Embassy. My friend already have the email & she had the same timeline as yours. God bless us all. I will include u in my prayers.

same here still waiting hopefully by november they will mass release ppr and interview approval too ..lets all pray togeher!.....

Yen27

Jun 18, 2014
crazybaldhead said:
I did my medcal last aug 7 at IOM , and im still waiting for ppr, and interview ng lc1.. Ano po time line nyo? If u dont mind.. Thanks
Nag submit ako application for pr and owp last March 30, 2014
Na received nang CIC April 2, 2014. AIP and 3 in 1 kit received last July 22, 2014, medical of
Dependants done aug 7 and na forward result aug 10, na submit ko additional forms aug 15, sept 22 received additional documents require nang CIC na forward ko ulit oct 8 after nun wla na ko na recieve ulit at di pa updated ung sa Ecas sa medical received. Hopefully soon Meron na good news.

crazybaldhead

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Aug 1,2014
Med's Done....
Aug 7,2014 IOM,
Interview........
February 16,2015
Passport Req..
January 26,2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 9,2015
Yen27 said:
Nag submit ako application for pr and owp last March 30, 2014
Na received nang CIC April 2, 2014. AIP and 3 in 1 kit received last July 22, 2014, medical of
Dependants done aug 7 and na forward result aug 10, na submit ko additional forms aug 15, sept 22 received additional documents require nang CIC na forward ko ulit oct 8 after nun wla na ko na recieve ulit at di pa updated ung sa Ecas sa medical received. Hopefully soon Meron na good news.
Ive noticed that their ecas doesnt update so sometimes it hard to rely sa ecas. All we have to do is wait and pray po talaga.. Hoping to recieve what we are all waiting for.. Sana magjaroo N ng mass release ng ppr,interview etc.. Same time line lang po tayo..Keep on posting po for any devt. Thanks po..

rolene lj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
@crazybaldhead!
You are right! I do hope and pray that mass released of ppr, and interviews for everyone is coming in our way. Just keep the faith and prayer! God knows all our great desire. Best luck to all of us. Just keep posting for the latest update. Thanks. God bless to all.