+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lets share timelines 2013 Live in caregiver PR/OPW Applicants

looney

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Hello ...
Finally , I made it through internet explorer after a long try to chrome. :)
THANKS YOU SO MUCH .. Julsen and notsniw17 for your immediate reply.

RebornLg

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
Nov.19, 2013. AIP June 7, 2014 .... June 16,2014 application completed
Interview........
Waiting
Hi guys, Im in gathering documents now for my PR app...
just want need help guys about the form IMM0008 Question 3: how many family members, including you, in this application..Indicate the total number of family members included in your application. This includes yourself and any family members, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not. im the only applicant with no dependent but i have brothers and sister though...

Question 11: date and place of entry in canada...do i still put in here because last april me and my employer went to montana, usa for a 1 week holiday and we took by car in del bonita border crossing?

Question National identity...im from philippines, i dont know what to put in this section...or i just leave it blank?

Hope someone can help me...thanks

nicajean26

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
RebornLg said:
Hi guys, Im in gathering documents now for my PR app...
just want need help guys about the form IMM0008 Question 3: how many family members, including you, in this application..Indicate the total number of family members included in your application. This includes yourself and any family members, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not. im the only applicant with no dependent but i have brothers and sister though...

Question 11: date and place of entry in canada...do i still put in here because last april me and my employer went to montana, usa for a 1 week holiday and we took by car in del bonita border crossing?

Question National identity...im from philippines, i dont know what to put in this section...or i just leave it blank?

Hope someone can help me...thanks

1- as i know you can include your spouse and children in your application even if they are not accompanying you in canada you have to declare them. i know that you cant sponsored your brothers and sister just your children and spouse. thats what i ask when i called cic.

2- in my case i went in hawaii last may 2012 so thats my latest entry in canada because i flew out of the country in your case you have to declare the latest entry in canada if you had a vacation in us declare what boarder port of entry you entered.

3-national identity just dont fill it up. just fill up the PASSPORT.
I HOPE I HELP YOU :)

RebornLg

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
Interview........
Waiting
thanks nicajean...so my brothers and sister no need to put in the additional family?

RebornLg

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
Interview........
Waiting
another question guys...in open work permit do i still fill up the duration of expected employment from to?

looney

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
hello.....I am here again asking for another help.....
my questions are: 1. Do I need to renew my current work permit that will expire on the same date that i already have completed my 24 months and has to submit my application for OWP/PR? 2. Can i still work with my current employer with expired contract and expired work permit during the time i am waiting for the approval of my OWP?
please...kindly advice me with regards to my query. thanks in advance.

notsniw817

Jun 25, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-06-2013
File Transfer...
07-07-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Tomorrow
Passport Req..
Tomorrow
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
looney said:
hello.....I am here again asking for another help.....
my questions are: 1. Do I need to renew my current work permit that will expire on the same date that i already have completed my 24 months and has to submit my application for OWP/PR? 2. Can i still work with my current employer with expired contract and expired work permit during the time i am waiting for the approval of my OWP?
please...kindly advice me with regards to my query. thanks in advance.
Yes you can still work with your current employer while waiting for your OPW read the instructon guide..

looney

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
notsniw817 said:
Yes you can still work with your current employer while waiting for your OPW read the instructon guide..
hi notsniw817, thanks for your reply...... I already read the instruction guide and i am aware that i can work with my current employer while waiting for the approval of my OWP, but what I am confused for is that the part that it says that :........If you send your OWP application with your PR and you continue working for the employer mentioned on your current work permit while application is being processed then you do not have to extend your work permit........."
But in my case, my work permit will be expired on the same date I finished my 24 months. So, it means that if I will submit my application the following day, I do not have the current work permit coz it is already expired.
Please help, I do not know if i need to renew it just for the purpose of waiting for the approval of my OWP. thanks again ....

Freedomsong

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-13-2013
AOR Received.
March-02-2013, AIP May-16-2014
File Transfer...
May 16, 2014 (Kingston)
Med's Request
May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
May 29, 2014, LC2 Kit rcv'd via reg. mail June 02, 2014
Interview........
Aug 15, 2014 (LC1 Landed)
Passport Req..
Aug 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 03, 2014 (LC2 PP rcv'd) (LC1 PR Card rcv'd)
LANDED..........
Oct 10, 2014 (LC2)
looney said:
hi notsniw817, thanks for your reply...... I already read the instruction guide and i am aware that i can work with my current employer while waiting for the approval of my OWP, but what I am confused for is that the part that it says that :........If you send your OWP application with your PR and you continue working for the employer mentioned on your current work permit while application is being processed then you do not have to extend your work permit........."
But in my case, my work permit will be expired on the same date I finished my 24 months. So, it means that if I will submit my application the following day, I do not have the current work permit coz it is already expired.
Please help, I do not know if i need to renew it just for the purpose of waiting for the approval of my OWP. thanks again ....
Hi looney, first of all congrats on almost completing your 24 months! I would strongly advise you to ensure that you renew your current work permit before it expires. First of all u cannot submit a pr/ open work permit application if you are without status which would b the case if your current permit is expired. You would then b stuck with the task of restoring your status as a worker b4 you can submit your application. So go ahead, renew with your current employer. Get a new signed contract for another yr. Even though you are only going to wait 3 months for the open, it's just a standard procedure. This will also b your safety net incase God forbid your open permit is delayed. Remember also that you cannot renew your SIN card and importantly your health card without a valid work permit. By you applying to renew your current work permit, you will b on implied status so u will b able to go ahead and submit your open/pr application even b4 you receive the document. Yes u can still work on an expired permit as long as its the same employer, but in your case you would not have had any time left to submit your application while in status. You most likely will receive one permit behind the other but it doesn't matter as long as your are properly covered. Good luck to you. Hope this helps.

looney

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Freedomsong said:
Hi looney, first of all congrats on almost completing your 24 months! I would strongly advise you to ensure that you renew your current work permit before it expires. First of all u cannot submit a pr/ open work permit application if you are without status which would b the case if your current permit is expired. You would then b stuck with the task of restoring your status as a worker b4 you can submit your application. So go ahead, renew with your current employer. Get a new signed contract for another yr. Even though you are only going to wait 3 months for the open, it's just a standard procedure. This will also b your safety net incase God forbid your open permit is delayed. Remember also that you cannot renew your SIN card and importantly your health card without a valid work permit. By you applying to renew your current work permit, you will b on implied status so u will b able to go ahead and submit your open/pr application even b4 you receive the document. Yes u can still work on an expired permit as long as its the same employer, but in your case you would not have had any time left to submit your application while in status. You most likely will receive one permit behind the other but it doesn't matter as long as your are properly covered. Good luck to you. Hope this helps.
Thank you so much Freedomsong for your enlightening advice . I really appreciate it.
Good Luck to you, too and to all of us LICs.

looney

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
hi...another question......

in the application to change condition (IMM5710), what is UCI and where can i get that?.... thanks again.

notsniw817

Jun 25, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-06-2013
File Transfer...
07-07-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Tomorrow
Passport Req..
Tomorrow
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
looney said:
hi...another question......

in the application to change condition (IMM5710), what is UCI and where can i get that?.... thanks again.
UCI is your CLIENT ID..You can find it in you work permit

Freedomsong

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-13-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16, 2014 (Kingston)
Med's Request
May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Aug 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 10, 2014 (LC2)
notsniw817 said:
UCI is your CLIENT ID..You can find it in you work permit
It's an eight digit number.

looney

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Once again, thank you so much for the help..... Freedomsong and notsniw817 . I appreciate it very much.
I hope you'll continue sharing your knowledge to others who are new. God Bless!
Good Luck again to all of us LICs.

Freedomsong

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-13-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16, 2014 (Kingston)
Med's Request
May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Aug 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 10, 2014 (LC2)
looney said:
Once again, thank you so much for the help..... Freedomsong and notsniw817 . I appreciate it very much.
I hope you'll continue sharing your knowledge to others who are new. God Bless!
Good Luck again to all of us LICs.
You're welcome hun, best of luck to you too. :)