Med's Request
May 27, 2014
Med's Done....
june 12, 2014 lc2 kit receive june 12, 2014 june 25 kit send
Interview........
January 5, 2015 got interveiw date
LANDED..........
January 13, 2015
Any OWP????? Please share your time line.

nicajean26

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
im a little worried about the strike i read in the newspaper that they will do a strike again this coming fall. is the releasing of OWP too affected by the strike? or just the VISA? any idea god bless to all of us, i hope i will get my OWP this coming AUGUST my timeline is MAY 6 they received my application'

Sweetie pie

Star Member
Dec 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2013
AOR Received.
May 22, 2013 Aip May 22, 2014
File Transfer...
May 26, 2014 Kingston
Med's Request
May 27, 2014
Med's Done....
june 12, 2014 lc2 kit receive june 12, 2014 june 25 kit send
Interview........
January 5, 2015 got interveiw date
LANDED..........
January 13, 2015
Nicajean26, we almost have the same timeline.. Im May 5, 2013 lets keep praying for our open work permit August.

dna

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
Hi, I am about to submit my PR/OWP application but I am still confused what to choose for Question 3 in form IMM 5710 (Open Work permit) : I am applying for one or more of the following:
- A work permit with the same employer
- A work permit with a new employer
- An initial of temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

I will still be working for my current (same) employer after I send my PR/OWP application. When I called CIC agent, he said I should choose a work permit with a new employer even though I will still be working for the same employer since it is the open work permit application.

Does anybody have any suggestion?

@ Freedomsong, I have read this thread and if I'm not mistaken you said you had received your OWP. What have you been doing since you got your OWP? Did you find any other job other than caregiving? Thanks for sharing your experience

nicajean26

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
dna said:
Hi, I am about to submit my PR/OWP application but I am still confused what to choose for Question 3 in form IMM 5710 (Open Work permit) : I am applying for one or more of the following:
- An initial of temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

I will still be working for my current (same) employer after I send my PR/OWP application. When I called CIC agent, he said I should choose a work permit with a new employer even though I will still be working for the same employer since it is the open work permit application.

@ Freedomsong, I have read this thread and if I'm not mistaken you said you had received your OWP. What have you been doing since you got your OWP? Did you find any other job other than caregiving? Thanks for sharing your experience
just follow what the agent told you to do. yes thats what i checked on the form it doesnt matter because OWP means you can work in any employer you want, its confusing because that form it doesnt have any box to tick that says OPEN WORK PERMIT. so follow what the agent told you thats what i did too and write open work permit at the top of you application

nicajean26

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
Sweetie pie said:
Nicajean26, we almost have the same timeline.. Im May 5, 2013 lets keep praying for our open work permit August.
thats good sweetie pie just keep posting on the progress of our OWP i hope this AUGUST we will be lucky!! PRAY and GODBLESS. :)

sweet0000

Jul 10, 2013
;D Hi, everyone:

Pray everyone on this thread will get OPW ASAP. I have two questions regarding to OPW.

(1) Can I log in CIC website to check my status of applications? I apply OPW & PR at 1st, Aug, 2013.

(2) How long can I receive the OPW? Everyone says a little different on the thread, can anyone help?

(3) Is it true that everyone has to wait for nearly three more years to get PR status? If my depend child is here in Canada, will it be any different processing time?

Appreciate any advise and help.

Good luck

sweet0000

Freedomsong

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-13-2013
AOR Received.
March-02-2013, AIP May-16-2014
File Transfer...
May 16, 2014 (Kingston)
Med's Request
May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
May 29, 2014, LC2 Kit rcv'd via reg. mail June 02, 2014
Interview........
Aug 15, 2014 (LC1 Landed)
Passport Req..
Aug 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 03, 2014 (LC2 PP rcv'd) (LC1 PR Card rcv'd)
LANDED..........
Oct 10, 2014 (LC2)
dna said:

Yes dna, thankfully I did recieve my open permit in May. I'm not in caregiving anymore. I'm working at a salon now, I'm going into hairdressing. I wish everyone a comfortable transition into the working world. As long as you can find a job with structure and one that is organized (it doesn't matter what it is), you will be fine. As always good luck to everyone.

nicajean26

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
sweet0000 said:
;D Hi, everyone:

Pray everyone on this thread will get OPW ASAP. I have two questions regarding to OPW.

(1) Can I log in CIC website to check my status of applications? I apply OPW & PR at 1st, Aug, 2013.

(2) How long can I receive the OPW? Everyone says a little different on the thread, can anyone help?

(3) Is it true that everyone has to wait for nearly three more years to get PR status? If my depend child is here in Canada, will it be any different processing time?

Appreciate any advise and help.

Good luck

sweet0000
hi there:)

yes you can log in to CIC website and check the status of your PR application if you received your AOR this is the email from CIC telling you they receive your application and they will give you your application number. but regarding your OWP you can just check it when you call CIC number. usually wait for 3 months thats what i notice on their timeline 3months usually is the processing time. so i think by NOV expect your OWP:)

I read the other thread regarding PR i think its case to case basis. if your single or your dependants are here already in Canada the processing time is 24 months until you get your pr but if you have your family outside Canada it depends how long the immigration outside CANADA will process the papers of your family members the maximum processing time now is 36 months:)

GOODLUCK!

headcrash4

Star Member
Feb 9, 2013
Hello. My mom had already sent the requirements for travel doc to the CIC Manila so she can go here in the Philippines.
Second, our passport was already in CIC last May 8, 2013. My mom became PR last July 29,2013.
I just want to ask if the processing times for Travel Document Application and ISSUANCE OF VISA are also affected by the strike? Thanks!

dna

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
nicajean26 said:
just follow what the agent told you to do. yes thats what i checked on the form it doesnt matter because OWP means you can work in any employer you want, its confusing because that form it doesnt have any box to tick that says OPEN WORK PERMIT. so follow what the agent told you thats what i did too and write open work permit at the top of you application

[/quote
Thank you very much nicajean26 for answering my question. I will do what you suggested regarding my OWP application.
By the way, have got your OWP yet? If you have, what do you do now?

dna

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
Freedomsong said:
Yes dna, thankfully I did recieve my open permit in May. I'm not in caregiving anymore. I'm working at a salon now, I'm going into hairdressing. I wish everyone a comfortable transition into the working world. As long as you can find a job with structure and one that is organized (it doesn't matter what it is), you will be fine. As always good luck to everyone.
Thank you Freedomsong for sharing your experience. If you are a hard worker and determined, you can achieve what you dream of and become what you want to be.
Good bless you in what you do!

dna

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
Hi, I have some more questions regarding the document checklist for PR application.
- statement of earnings showing hours worked and deductions made by the employer(s). The statement meant here is our monthly pay stubs, right ?
- record of wages and deductions sent to CRA by your employer(s). Is the record meant here the T4?
Do I need to send the originals or copies of those documents?

sweet0000

Jul 10, 2013
;D,dna:
Base my experience and talk to CIC agent, this is what I send with my application for PR & OWP.

(1)Yes,
(2) T4 it is.
(3) No original needed , just copy it and send it with PR application.

Good luck...

Sweet0000

dna

Star Member
Aug 5, 2011
sweet0000 said:
;D,dna:
Base my experience and talk to CIC agent, this is what I send with my application for PR & OWP.

(1)Yes,
(2) T4 it is.
(3) No original needed , just copy it and send it with PR application.

Good luck...

Sweet0000
Thank you Sweet0000 for your response. Good luck to you too. I hope you will receive your OWP soon. God bless.