Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
natsy said:
Julsen: ROE are only asked from all previous employers. in your case, since you haven't worked for anyone but your current employer, you don't need ROE...c",)
Thanks natsy, for the prompt response. I appreciate your help

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Freedomsong said:
Hi everyone, so happy for the positive vibes here. Congrats to those who've completed their requirements to file for pr. Congrats natsy on finally receiving your open permit, hope u get back the correction soon. Just to add to what others have posted with regards to the ROE, no you don't need it if you've worked for just one employer. I only had one employer and I did not submit one. A ROE is filed once you leave the job. Keep the good news coming guys. Next step PR. Good luck to us all. :)

Thanks Freedomsong. I appreciate your response. I'm glad there is a forum like this where one can find help and connect with fellow LICs.
God bless us all

sweet0000

Jul 10, 2013
Hi, congratulations!!!I am applying this month..

Can you help to answer some questions on the PR forms? I am a bit confused.

(1) Fee: I have a dependent (under 18), in total I need to pay 550+150+150(opw)=850, right.
The right of PR fee: Do I need to pay at same time when I apply OPW+PR, or I can pay it later when the first stage approved by CIC??

(2) With OPW, I don't need to attach LMO/contract, just the form itself and checklist, right?

Do you have an email or Line account so I can contact you if you are available...I can't go to Vancouver for workshop and don't find anyone is here in victoria.

Thanks

Sweet

nicajean26

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
sweet0000 said:
Hi, congratulations!!!I am applying this month..

Can you help to answer some questions on the PR forms? I am a bit confused.

(1) Fee: I have a dependent (under 18), in total I need to pay 550+150+150(opw)=850, right.
The right of PR fee: Do I need to pay at same time when I apply OPW+PR, or I can pay it later when the first stage approved by CIC??

(2) With OPW, I don't need to attach LMO/contract, just the form itself and checklist, right?

Do you have an email or Line account so I can contact you if you are available...I can't go to Vancouver for workshop and don't find anyone is here in victoria.

Thanks

Sweet
hi i hope i can help you with your questions.
you are right with the fee 550 d=for your application 150 for owp and for your dependant who is a child is 150. you dont have to pay for the right of PR the immigration will send you a notification on a later date if you are approve on the first stage and need to pay for it.

yes the OWP application is a little confusing because of the application form itself. just include the document checklist for OWP on your application you dont need to attach your lmo/contract you just need the form fill up (IMM 5710) payment,in mine i include a photocopy of my passport and work permit and my marriage certificate.

i hope i did help you with your concerns.:)

laine06

Jul 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
Hi I am actually new here, but I have been reading some post before and found it so helpful. I just wanna ask is there someone here who pass a pr and owp application last june? I passed mine but didn't received any confirmation yet. Should I get worried? I read that some people received something after few weeks AOR??

luckbymyside

Star Member
May 31, 2013
Hi Everyone!
Nice to see this forum here and a lot of info. It is really nyc way to share our experiences and suggestions too.
Congrats to those who got their owp's and Good Luck to all those in waiting line!
I m also waiting mine in Aug hopefully. I submitted mine in May 2013 :) :)

Freedomsong

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-13-2013
AOR Received.
March-02-2013, AIP May-16-2014
File Transfer...
May 16, 2014 (Kingston)
Med's Request
May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
May 29, 2014, LC2 Kit rcv'd via reg. mail June 02, 2014
Interview........
Aug 15, 2014 (LC1 Landed)
Passport Req..
Aug 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 03, 2014 (LC2 PP rcv'd) (LC1 PR Card rcv'd)
LANDED..........
Oct 10, 2014 (LC2)
laine06 said:
Hi I am actually new here, but I have been reading some post before and found it so helpful. I just wanna ask is there someone here who pass a pr and owp application last june? I passed mine but didn't received any confirmation yet. Should I get worried? I read that some people received something after few weeks AOR??
Hi hun, I sent mine earlier on in the year but just wanted to see if I can help. In my case I got AOR after a week or so. They e-mail u to confirm that they have received ur application. Since u haven't received any response, I would suggest u call the CIC call centre and give them ur client ID #. CIC #18882422100. U can use the automated phone service by following the instructions. If u prefer to talk to a live agent their is also an option to do so. Please note that the wait time could b a little while. It's worth having peace of mind rather than waiting in doubt. Best of luck to u n all the others. Keep the vibes going guys. :)

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
thanks freedomsong. i really hope that the amendment willarrive soon so that i can apply for trv.
to all who will be paying the fee, separate the payment for pr and owp appliction. for your owp, you need a separate receipt as per checklist. your spouse should be paid as $550 if you are applying for him in your pr status and $150 for all dependents below 18yo, over 18yo, it's $550.
as for owp, i think, it's best if you attach a new contract (if you renewed your contract with your cuurent employer just to further show the immigration you have a job, or any other contracts that you may have for your prospect employer)...no need for lmo especially if you will still continue to work for your current employer while your owp is being processed.
as for aor, i received an email from cic confirming that they have received my appliction. i am not sure if this email means aor. but as far as i know, you will not be issued an owp if you are not approved in principle.
good luck to all of us guys. keep the fire burning... God bless... c",)

sweet0000

Jul 10, 2013
:D Hi,nicajean26:

Thank you so much spending time to answer my concerns. I am a bit clear now. Unfortunately, there is no workshop like West Coast Association in Vanoucver exists in Victoria. They even have a lawyer present to offer valuable info to LCP. However, to get OPW is the first step to make our life easier here in Canada.

I hope everybody in this forum will get OPW & PR in no time. Let's share the experience to each other and be patient. Freedom is coming.

Sweet000

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
nicajean26 said:
hi i hope i can help you with your questions.
you are right with the fee 550 d=for your application 150 for owp and for your dependant who is a child is 150. you dont have to pay for the right of PR the immigration will send you a notification on a later date if you are approve on the first stage and need to pay for it.

yes the OWP application is a little confusing because of the application form itself. just include the document checklist for OWP on your application you dont need to attach your lmo/contract you just need the form fill up (IMM 5710) payment,in mine i include a photocopy of my passport and work permit and my marriage certificate.

i hope i did help you with your concerns.:)
Hi,
Please i also have a few similar questions to the ones you answered.
1)You spoke about the document checklist for OWP. Is this the checklist for application for a work permit?If not, please where can i find the checklist? Also, on the form IMM5710, question no.3 asks what the application is for. Do i choose the work permit with a new employer since there's no option for an OWP among the ones listed?

2)Do the application for PR and OWP go into the same package or should they be sent in separate envelopes?
3)Do i pay the fees (550 for PR + 150 for OWP + 150 dependant fees) on one receipt?
4) When filling the form IMM0008, question 4 asks for the "Immigration Office requested for processing this application". When iwent to the CIC website, there's where there are different options according to your country of residence or nationality. Or am i supposed to just enter the same office to which i will be sending my application? Which is:

Citizenship and Immigration- Permanent Residence
CPC-Vegreville
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W3

Thank you so much for your help

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
answers:
1. if you will still continue to work for your currentemployer, choose same employer
2. pr and owp application should be sent together (one envelope in the address for pr application)
3. pr fees (principal and dependants) should be paid in one receipt and attached to your pr application. owp ahould be paid in a separate receipt and attached to your owp application.
4. put cpc-vegreville...this is where lcp pr applications are being processed.

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
natsy said:
answers:
1. if you will still continue to work for your currentemployer, choose same employer
2. pr and owp application should be sent together (one envelope in the address for pr application)
3. pr fees (principal and dependants) should be paid in one receipt and attached to your pr application. owp ahould be paid in a separate receipt and attached to your owp application.
4. put cpc-vegreville...this is where lcp pr applications are being processed.

Thank you so much natsy. I appreciate your prompt response.
Please one more question. Still on question 1, I don't intend to continue working with the same employer once i get my OWP though. So do i still choose same employer?I'm worried that if i do go ahead to choose new employer, that'll complicate issues since i may be required to provide a new LMO and all that.

Thanks again for taking the time to help.

looney

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Hi, i am new here in this forum and thanks that everyone is out for their help......
Can anyone here could help me on how to download the forms IMM 008 for PR and the form IMM 5710 for OWP.. I cannot download it coz everytime i Click the link, it always appear that I have to upload the latest version of adobe, whereas i did it already....

I am about to submit also my OWP/PR application a few months from now and i want to prepare it ahead of time with no mistakes so there will be no delay in processing.....
I know everyone here also did the advance preparation....

thanks a lot in advance....

notsniw817

Jun 25, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
08-06-2013
File Transfer...
07-07-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
02-06-2014
Interview........
Tomorrow
Passport Req..
Tomorrow
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
looney said:
Hi, i am new here in this forum and thanks that everyone is out for their help......
Can anyone here could help me on how to download the forms IMM 008 for PR and the form IMM 5710 for OWP.. I cannot download it coz everytime i Click the link, it always appear that I have to upload the latest version of adobe, whereas i did it already....

I am about to submit also my OWP/PR application a few months from now and i want to prepare it ahead of time with no mistakes so there will be no delay in processing.....

try to use internet explorer or mozilla firefox..

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
looney said:

I had same problem. I used mozilla firefox.... problem solved:)
Cheers.