+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

jstooper

Mar 27, 2016
Hi everyone

I applied for a PGWP after finishing my Masters on 24th February. My timeline was:
- Applied online February 24th
- Acknowledgement February 24th
- Email on March 25th saying no updates to my application yet
- Online Approval 19th April

56 days total. What I attached in my application form:
- Digital Photo
- Passport with all stamps and visas
- Completion of Studies letter from university. No transcripts since they would be updated in May.
- the IMM form. Nothing special except that I followed instructions here (utsc.utoronto .ca/studentlife/post-graduation-work-permit) saying that:
>> Name of employer: Not Applicable - Open Work Permit
>> Address of employer: Not Applicable - Open Work Permit
>> Job title: Job seeker
>> Description of duties: Not Applicable
>> Duration of expected employment:
To: Three years after the submission day

I haven't received any email saying it has been approved. I just saw it on my CIC account.

francish

May 6, 2015
This is becoming depressing. Applied in December and still not approved? I called them and they said it has to be printed. That was 3 weeks ago. What can i do now?

Apr 24, 2016
wertpaw020 said:
Did anyone apply by paper ? Processing time for online is much faster than paper .

I applied on paper as well! My date was March 7th though so I'm assuming I have another 2 - 3 months wait based on the processing times. When did you apply?

wertpaw020

Feb 16, 2016
Forever_Waiting said:
I applied on paper as well! My date was March 7th though so I'm assuming I have another 2 - 3 months wait based on the processing times. When did you apply?
i applied on feb 2 paper was faster than online now it got reverse Just hoping for goodnews

MEGC

Apr 22, 2016
Hi everyone I need some advise,

I applied in January 16th for the PGWP. The process was going as usual (taking a long time) until it reached it's 95th day of processing time. I contacted the call centre and got notified that, even though the application is still open, there's a note referring to it's potential refusal.

With more detail they explained that the Confirmation Letter from my University is vague when in comes to the length of the program and it gives the idea that i was enrolled for just a semestre (though on my explanation letter and application format I provide the specific info on the 16 month length).

I asked for a new letter to my U with more specific information and submitted it/ asked for it to be attached to my original application. I know that for it to be considered is under the discretion of the officer... but there's a chance I get my permit refused because of a vague paragraph on the letter.

It's frustrating since that's the University's confirmation letter template and they have never got a rejection from it.

My student permit expired in early Feb, I am still waiting for a confirmation on PGWP (miracle approval or refusal) but I feel lost on how to proceed.

Can anyone provide me with some helpful information on this matter or recommend a immigration lawyer/firm?

Thanks in advance.

NemesisBR

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
Interview........
14-08-2018
Passport Req..
14-08-2018 ?
Vitro said:
"Don't apply online or on paper, Just flagpole at the nearest US-Canada BORDER"
What do you mean by that?

robytheron5506

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Hey guys,
my wife applied for pgwp online on january 19th,2016. she has masters degree in arts. Until today we were waiting for a decision from cic but after update on processing times on their websites, we are now so nervous. she has called cic but they could only send a request regarding to our application and we would get a respond in 2-3 weeks. what might be problem? what would you suggest? thanks in advance

Apr 24, 2016
wertpaw020 said:
i applied on feb 2 paper was faster than online now it got reverse Just hoping for goodnews

Oh yes, I keep hoping the time for paper apps will miraculously decrease like the online apps. Also hoping for good news. Good luck to you friend! :)

francish

May 6, 2015
I called CIC and i was told that my application has been approved, but it has not been printed and sent to me. I was just wondering, if i go to the border and reenter the country can i get it printed at the border entry point? Or do i need to reapply if i am flagpolling?

y54su

Nov 28, 2015
Applied on Feb.18
Approved on April 26
Mail delivered on April 29

But apply trv in the same application, wonder what's going on next?

Reference below:
"If you need a TRV or an eTA, you do not have to complete a separate application or pay additional fees. It will be issued by the officer at the same time as the documents you need for your entry to Canada as a worker." from cic website

yuquayko

Mar 31, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Hi,
I got my PGWP application approved! I would like to share my timeline:

Applied online: March 13, 2016
Blank updates: March 16 & April 12
Updated ('Update' appeared in the detail section and then changed to 'submitted' again.): April 21
Approved: April 22
Email confirmation letter: April 23
Received by mail: April 29

Thank you so much for all the inputs I got here! They were very helpful!
Good luck, everyone!!!

fol

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
y54su said:
Applied on Feb.18
Approved on April 26
Mail delivered on April 29

But apply trv in the same application, wonder what's going on next?

Reference below:
"If you need a TRV or an eTA, you do not have to complete a separate application or pay additional fees. It will be issued by the officer at the same time as the documents you need for your entry to Canada as a worker." from cic website
Hi did you do it online or paper?