Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

Millty

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm so happy I finally receive my PGWP!!! :)

Applied by paper on November 20th, 2016
Received by CIC on November 26th, 2016
Approved: March 8th, 2016
Mail delivered: March 20th, 2016

I would like to wish you all all the best.....fingers crossed :)

surya6017

Mar 17, 2016
Hi,

I have been working in British Columbia, Canada since December, 2015 with a temporary work permit. My wife is currently in India and I had applied for her open work permit (online) post our marriage in January. However, her application was refused because a few documents such as her education certificates, payslips etc. were missing. I, however, did not see an option to upload these documents in the online application, it only allowed a handful of documents to be uploaded. I would like to know if anyone has done it recently and if so, would like their help with the following questions-

1. For Open work permits outside Canada, Is applying online a valid option? If so, how do I upload the above mentioned supporting documents?

2. Is it a good idea for her to apply for open work permit right away or should we consider a dependent VISA first and apply for the work permit once she is in Canada?

Many thanks in advance.

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
imarchuang said:
One of my friends got a notification from CIC, and he checked that his application has been "Approved". He applied PGWP on Jan-5th.
Thanks Imarchuang.

Is there any one else on this forum who applied for his PGWP in Jan or Feb 2016 and got approval?

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
b4ahmad said:
Thanks Imarchuang.

Is there any one else on this forum who applied for his PGWP in Jan or Feb 2016 and got approval?
no prob, b4ahmad. :)

I know one of the guys (from some other online forum) who applied for BOWP on Jan-10th, and he/she got approved on March-18th.

littlezz

Feb 19, 2016
:) Can not believe it.

I just received the email to say that my PGWP has been approved.

My timeline is:

14/Jan/2016: online application
13/Feb/2016: blank updates
13/Mar/2016: blank updates
18/Mar/2016: Approved

Total days: 64 days!!!

Thanks for everyone, Good luck!

nasif_29

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Millty,

Does cic inform you by email that your pgwp has been approved,if you apply by paper? Or do you have to wait for the hard copy to know when it was approved?

Thanks

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
littlezz said:
:) Can not believe it.

I just received the email to say that my PGWP has been approved.

My timeline is:

14/Jan/2016: online application
13/Feb/2016: blank updates
13/Mar/2016: blank updates
18/Mar/2016: Approved

Total days: 64 days!!!

Thanks for everyone, Good luck!
Congratulations.. good to know that. For how many years you got your PGWP?

chelseafc99

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Im an October 20th Applicant (online) so called CIC today at 8 AM (had a 15 minute waiting time) before talking to an agent. I told them the website shows Dec 9th being processed so whats the issue. The lady i spoke to was very nice. She my asked Application Number and some verification questions. Then she told me to please hold as she is checking what the status is. She got back to me saying that we had issues around that time with our ECH system (or something like that) which retrieves documents and so she will send a note to the officer and I can expect a response in 2 weeks. If nothing then she told me to call again. Lets see :). Overall positive experience with the call centre (which is VERY RARE)

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
littlezz said:
I finished my Master degree in 16 month, but received 3 year work permit.
Is your program 4 consecutive semesters without any break?

OM_student

Jul 15, 2015
chelseafc99 said:
Im an October 20th Applicant (online) so called CIC today at 8 AM (had a 15 minute waiting time) before talking to an agent. I told them the website shows Dec 9th being processed so whats the issue. The lady i spoke to was very nice. She my asked Application Number and some verification questions. Then she told me to please hold as she is checking what the status is. She got back to me saying that we had issues around that time with our ECH system (or something like that) which retrieves documents and so she will send a note to the officer and I can expect a response in 2 weeks. If nothing then she told me to call again. Lets see :). Overall positive experience with the call centre (which is VERY RARE)
Hope you receive your permit soon. Where on the CIC website did you see Dec 9th applications are being processed? The only information regarding processing time is a general three-month for all work permits.

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
OM_student said:
Hope you receive your permit soon. Where on the CIC website did you see Dec 9th applications are being processed? The only information regarding processing time is a general three-month for all work permits.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

OM_student

Jul 15, 2015
but, it only shows 3 month(s) for work permit applications. It does not show the submission date of applications which are being processed.